General Non-Forum Communication Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General Non-Forum Communication Thread

Post by DP on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:59 am

This is something I've been meaning to create for a little while, but life has gotten in the way. That statment is clearly true for all of us, as the forum has grown a tad stagnant as of late. With Axis perennially hanging on the clothesline, waiting for some ground to be broken in terms of art, I figure it's better we turn our attention to other facets of community. Hell, even if we did get a dedicated artist to help the cause, I'd probably need to redo most of the work since I've changed computers and my code wasn't pretty to look at. But that's neither here nor there lol.

The point of this thread is to discuss how we can help keep this community together both within and outside of this site. Slayer's the one who pays to keep the domain up every year, and while I'm happy to do so myself, I don't know how often he checks the site or if he'd even want to do that. My point is, if he changed bank accounts or something one day in the future this site could go dark, and I like you guys. While we're mostly all on one another's PSN friend list, I feel like that might be outdated. 

So what I suggest is we use this thread to make sure we can all keep in touch. NNIDs for Wii U, friend codes, etc., can all be posted here, or if two users wanna exchange more personal forms of ID like email or even phone numbers to text and such, they can request a PM for that or something too. I know FC options exist on our profiles, but this way it can be quickly updated so we can all stay linked. 

I'll post my NNID and FC in a little while once I go look at what they are (lol), but as another example, I've been working up a YouTube review channel that hopefully in the next month or so I'll have the time to start up, which I'd like to share with you guys whenever I stop being lazy and edit some footage when I'm not at work. Stuff like that is fair game here. Maybe that's another version of shameless self promotion and can go in that thread, but I'm not concerned with a channel I haven't even created yet lol. I just like you guys and don't wanna leave this forum as our only solid connection. There's too much history for that. This way we can make sure if we ever wanna suit up and play Smash or PSAS, or even something new like Splatoon or Battlefront (dear god I can't wait for Battlefront) we can do that.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General Non-Forum Communication Thread

Post by Count Mario on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:28 am

I've been thinking about this as well for a while. Props for making the thread, DP. I'll put up my NNID up soon, and I'm even up for posting my e-mail if anyone's interested in conversing online outside of here (I don't have a FaceBook account or any social media access as I don't really care for that).
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:25 pm

I'll say we refrain from emails in the actual thread just to follow forum rules but we can PM trade them for sure.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:15 pm

That's exactly what I was thinking, otherwise I would've just posted it in my first comment lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:09 am

Skype is love Skype is life

I've been active over on Screwattack Lately in the DEATH BATTLE SECTION (Even appearing as a guest on the podcast us g1s set up and Even making a blog on my most wanted fight of all time, Ratchet and Clank vs Jak and Daxter as you all know by now AND One on the most badass Death Battle moments in history) and when the current discussion got a bit...annoying (All these squares make a circle, all these squares make a circle) Alot of us just moved to Skype. Its cool. and probably the best way to stay in contact.

and if any of you (I.e. DP and Count at this point eh) wanna go on over to the SA Boards Which is where i spend more of my time than can be considered Healthy send a PM @TheMohZone and i'll gladly help you get settled in. i love the g1s, they are awesome people (Mostly. a few members annoy me) but i miss you guys. 

I'ma give out skype details as requested in pms. and hit me up on Wii U sometime or 3ds. after a saga i don't wanna get into i finally got OR and built a competitiveish team, and i'm playing smash regularly enough (Sonic and Mewtwo, don't have the non Mewtwo DLC cause i'm poor) so it should be fun

RIP Pasta. Probably RIP Axis too tbh.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwi on Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:16 am

Motherfuckers I have returned. Double_Kiwi on skype, /u/KiwiArms on reddit, befriend me and we can catch up
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

PSN : ChaosKiwi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:25 pm

i check back rarely if you want my NNID just pm me and ill try to get back to you
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doqtor Kirby on Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:56 pm

I don't check anything at all ever but if you would like to get a hold of me my Skypes are
Alles | Kyu Sugardust
Alles | Kyutwo Sugardust
You should probably add both, I use both.
Doqtor Kirby
You Gotta Believe!
You Gotta Believe!

View user profile http://dr.k.ax.lt/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top