RIP Satoru Iwata

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RIP Satoru Iwata

Post by DP on Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:09 pm

As is all over in the news right now, Iwata passed away yesterday. I figured the least we could do is have a thread to celebrate the career and life of the man indirectly responsible for this forum's existence.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP Satoru Iwata

Post by Count Mario on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:08 am

I'm still in a bit of shock over the news. Words can't ever convey the contributions and dedication he had towards the video game market and morale as a whole. When your CEO is willing to withstand a price cut to having one-half of his original salary, as well as taking over being CEO of Nintendo of America while also juggling his CEO position of the Japan division back in 2013, you know this was a man who truly cared. May he rest in peace, for not only did he help bring together spectacular franchises and video game installments, but also helped the world realize that the key to making great games is to make them fun.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:54 pm

R.I.P Iwata.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:54 pm

It's just a shame to me, personally, that somebody so influential never really got the credit for his work until after his passing. Especially when his last public statement was an apology. I mean, this guy was able to make some of the worst written code seen at the time workable just to make Earthbound a reality, and so workable that you could theoretically run an emulator using JUST Earthbound's scripts. This is the guy who was able to do alone what the entirety of GameFreak couldn't, and compress Johto down not only enough to fit on a cart but also enough to fit all of fucking Kanto too. Moreover he ported Red and Blue to the N64 for Stadium to work without even having any references to explain how to make it work. He singlehandedly did Smash 64 as a mascot game when Sakurai had just a concept with generic fighters, and he himself fixed Melee to make it work right before launch. This guy lived and breathed Nintendo and gaming as a whole. And it's only now that his quite possibly unmatched programming skills will be celebrated.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:31 am

Iwata-Sama why...

Why must the good be taken from us?
lpool1996moh
All-Star