Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by BigBox on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:41 pm

Actually it does, but I'll leave it here.
avatar
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Posts : 2983
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : Irvine, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by DP on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:46 pm

I could refute one alleged picture with the actual surveys/pseudo-studies (because they're not scientific studies by any means) done on the matter and examples of people being caught trying to tell the difference incorrectly, but again, off topic. 

Nintendo outright apologized for their digital event being historically bad. I don't know what they were even thinking with half of their event being interviews with developers about the games instead of showing the games. They may as well have shown off NX this year if they're going to dick over fans that badly.
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by BigBox on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:43 pm

All of that stuff that they announced two days prior for Super Smash should have been in the E3 digital event.  Then again, no one could have predicted that Sony would show up with The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy VII just to name two.
avatar
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Posts : 2983
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : Irvine, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by DP on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:59 pm

BigBox wrote:All of that stuff that they announced two days prior for Super Smash should have been in the E3 digital event.  Then again, no one could have predicted that Sony would show up with The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy VII just to name two.
Yeah, most of what Nintendo did needed to be fleshed out like thirty times more. 

And we actually got leaks for TLG, VII, and even Shenmue so we saw that coming.
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:30 am

That's actually why the KH3 reveal last year surprised me so much, because I knew that it was too early for a functional gameplay demo or even beta compared to the pre-rendered footage we saw.

Regardless, what game is Retro Studios working on? Did their game actually not get shown off, or are they working on that pitiful Metroid co-op thing?
avatar
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario
Posts : 7165
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 19
Location : Spider-Island Two

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by DP on Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:46 am

My friend was at the Nintendo World Store during the event. Apparently employees said stuff wasn't shown that was listed so maybe, hopefully they'll fix their horrible mistake.
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:32 am

Honestly I'm all around disappointed

Bethesda killed it this year, but i don't enjoy their games personally
XBox showed off good Hardware (Which i enjoyed), Guns and Cuphead...whoo
Sony Showed off a Bunch of way off Remakes and Sequels. alot of which are gonna be multiplat, and with Xbox being able to Stream Steam games apparently, if its on PC it can be played on that. 
Good conference but when you really think about it poor showings.
EA had stuff, but its EA
Fuck Activision
No Rayman from Ubisoft
And Nintendo...just a bucket of disappoint. The good? Most of the games they showed. The bad? Everything else. That Metroid disgrace, the little amount of games, No Retro, no Zelda U, no 3D Mario, no Pokemon Z/X2Y2 whatever, heck they didn't even cover Super Mystery Dungeon. and the Wii U got dicked over.

That being said...Platinums working on Starfox and Transformers....mmmm
avatar
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh
Posts : 7891
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 20
Location : Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by DP on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:07 pm

Platinum is always working on thirty games at once so that doesn't worry me. 

I do agree about the Sony conference. That's all I could think about while watching: Nothing they have shown off, Uncharted notwithstanding, even launches before the end of next year in all likelihood. The only thing Nintendo needed to do was show off a Metroid game for Wii U that launched this year and they would've won for this year. And also maybe shown a real Animal Crossing game instead of some bullshit board game just for amiibo, but that's more to help them slightly, not as big as a real Metroid. But nobody had anything for 2015 except Bethesda. Bethesda, fucking Bethesda, is the one with timely releases now.
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by BladedgeX on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:28 pm

DP wrote:My friend was at the Nintendo World Store during the event. Apparently employees said stuff wasn't shown that was listed so maybe, hopefully they'll fix their horrible mistake.
There was also a new Harvest Moon game for WiiU/PC that was listed as well but.... yeah....
avatar
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails
Posts : 1444
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 22
Location : NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by DP on Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:26 pm

Uncharted 4 confirmed 30FPS single player, they're hoping for 60fps on multiplayer
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by dragonfire111 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:36 pm

god that metroid youtube dislike bar hope nintendo learns to not just paste a big name on a game that has nothing to do with it
avatar
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111
Posts : 3443
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 24
Location : Everywhere yet Nowhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by BigBox on Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:57 am

DP wrote:
BigBox wrote:All of that stuff that they announced two days prior for Super Smash should have been in the E3 digital event.  Then again, no one could have predicted that Sony would show up with The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy VII just to name two.
Yeah, most of what Nintendo did needed to be fleshed out like thirty times more. 

And we actually got leaks for TLG, VII, and even Shenmue so we saw that coming.
I don't look for leaks, so I wouldn't have known.  It's no fun to find things out before they happen at an event like E3, it's better to go into completely knowing nothing.
avatar
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Posts : 2983
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : Irvine, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by BigBox on Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:59 am

dragonfire111 wrote:god that metroid youtube dislike bar hope nintendo learns to not just paste a big name on a game that has nothing to do with it
That's the Nintendo classic though, take what is suppose to be a new I.P and slap a familiar name on it and hope sells.  Which is the only thing I dislike about Nintendo and in my opinion will always be second place because of this.
avatar
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Posts : 2983
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : Irvine, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by BigBox on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:01 am

DP wrote:Platinum is always working on thirty games at once so that doesn't worry me. 

I do agree about the Sony conference. That's all I could think about while watching: Nothing they have shown off, Uncharted notwithstanding, even launches before the end of next year in all likelihood. The only thing Nintendo needed to do was show off a Metroid game for Wii U that launched this year and they would've won for this year. And also maybe shown a real Animal Crossing game instead of some bullshit board game just for amiibo, but that's more to help them slightly, not as big as a real Metroid. But nobody had anything for 2015 except Bethesda. Bethesda, fucking Bethesda, is the one with timely releases now.
They were gonna have to show off more than just a Metroid game for the Wii U.  That wouldn't be close enough to beating Final Fantasy VII.  I would put the hype level of a Wii U Metroid on part with Hitman.
avatar
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Posts : 2983
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : Irvine, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by DP on Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:51 am

Well your hype meter is garbage then bud. Metroid Prime is the fourth highest rated game ever, higher than VII. The logic that a vocal minority of FF fans wanted a remake of a game that didn't do much for the genre when it came out 15 years ago doesn't make it more hype inducing when the announcement is for a game that won't be out until 2017 at the earliest. This was on the same level as announcing KHIII was in development. Really cool, but inconsequential until next year's E3 when we might actually see prerendered mockups of actual gameplay. Just like KHIII. But Nomura's incompetence isn't the point here.

A 2015 Metroid U would have done exactly what Nintendo needed to win THIS year, because on top of Star Fox, Smash DLC, Mario Maker, Yoshi, and Xenoblade (sprinkled between smaller games), they had the usual major bases covered then on top of a big surprise. Announcing a new Pokemon for early 2016 would've been nice too but the Pokemon killer was in the direct for Holiday launch so that evens out. One game would make the difference here to help win E3 for this year, because E3 is supposed to be mostly about what's coming soon, with a smudgeon of "later" as a sneak peak.

Sony's E3 2015 won 2016 and a tiny bit of 2017, and not much else. Let's remember they made fans pay for Shenmue 3 thinking that crowd funding was the only choice, when they had full plans to fund it themselves from the start, and that they have no plans to work on PS3 BC in the face of Microsoft taking the profit hit to be nice to fans. Sony is a company that's very good at masking the fact that they're a greedy business, and they get a lot of respect for pulling the wool over everybody's eyes three straight years even when they lost out last year. They almost got me too until the Shenmue kickstarter, then I remembered this was Sony and noticed how little of what they showed off mattered for this year. That's why Bethesda won E3 somehow.
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by Fabsta1994 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:17 pm

still bummed about no MediEvil announcement. ._. But everything else seems cool... for 2016. 

Really? Uncharted 4's single player at 30FPS? why?
avatar
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994
Posts : 978
Join date : 2012-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by BigBox on Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:20 pm

DP wrote:Well your hype meter is garbage then bud. Metroid Prime is the fourth highest rated game ever, higher than VII. The logic that a vocal minority of FF fans wanted a remake of a game that didn't do much for the genre when it came out 15 years ago doesn't make it more hype inducing when the announcement is for a game that won't be out until 2017 at the earliest. This was on the same level as announcing KHIII was in development. Really cool, but inconsequential until next year's E3 when we might actually see prerendered mockups of actual gameplay. Just like KHIII. But Nomura's incompetence isn't the point here.

A 2015 Metroid U would have done exactly what Nintendo needed to win THIS year, because on top of Star Fox, Smash DLC, Mario Maker, Yoshi, and Xenoblade (sprinkled between smaller games), they had the usual major bases covered then on top of a big surprise. Announcing a new Pokemon for early 2016 would've been nice too but the Pokemon killer was in the direct for Holiday launch so that evens out. One game would make the difference here to help win E3 for this year, because E3 is supposed to be mostly about what's coming soon, with a smudgeon of "later" as a sneak peak.

Sony's E3 2015 won 2016 and a tiny bit of 2017, and not much else. Let's remember they made fans pay for Shenmue 3 thinking that crowd funding was the only choice, when they had full plans to fund it themselves from the start, and that they have no plans to work on PS3 BC in the face of Microsoft taking the profit hit to be nice to fans. Sony is a company that's very good at masking the fact that they're a greedy business, and they get a lot of respect for pulling the wool over everybody's eyes three straight years even when they lost out last year. They almost got me too until the Shenmue kickstarter, then I remembered this was Sony and noticed how little of what they showed off mattered for this year. That's why Bethesda won E3 somehow.
The game the revolutionized the entire RPG genre has less hype than a game that did almost nothing for it's genre?  I only need the read that, you should have summarized, because the rest of your argument from that point on seems to be garbage layered with more garbage.  Being a fanboy is hard, isn't it?  Even if you were to put the two franchises side-by-side and minus the blind fanboy hype and look solely at the impact they left in gaming.  Metroid would be a very small dwarf standing next a a very tall giant of a franchise.

User has been moderated for this post. 
avatar
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Posts : 2983
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : Irvine, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by DP on Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:11 pm

Whoopsie, the hammer slipped. Come back in a few days when you remember not to call names.
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:31 pm

...i know i ain't active much around here and that its not a perma ban...

But did that just happen?
avatar
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh
Posts : 7891
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 20
Location : Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by DP on Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:36 pm

Yep. I also took myself down to a Level 2 Super meter for being a part of it. Repeat issues don't sit with me, and it's a shorter ban than we usually do as a slap on the wrist.

Back to E3.
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by BladedgeX on Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:07 pm

Disappointed that there was no more info shown for FF15. I guess I'll wait till TGS for more info.

Scratch that. Looks like it'll be shown at Gamescom instead.
avatar
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails
Posts : 1444
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 22
Location : NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by DP on Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:57 pm

I thought they confirmed that it would be Gamescom before E3? Episode Duscae just came out after all.
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by BladedgeX on Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:47 pm

I think so. I like to watch E3 without knowing stuff so I didn't know about it before hand.
avatar
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails
Posts : 1444
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 22
Location : NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by dragonfire111 on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:47 pm

one thing i will say about the big N's lackluster performance is at least most of their games come out this year instead of 16 and 17
avatar
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111
Posts : 3443
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 24
Location : Everywhere yet Nowhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by DP on Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:47 pm

Not even honestly. Most of their games were early 16. I know people try to justify it by saying Nintendo warned us this would be the case months ago, but that doesn't matter. E3 always needs a bombshell, and literally nuking the Metroid franchise is not the shell we wanted. 

I'm still doubtful TLG will come out 2016, and Shenmue/FFVII definitely won't hit until the end of 2017 at the earliest. But even then Sony still won 2015's E3 with some of their other stuff, only because this year's E3 was lackluster as a whole for the year 2015.
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum