Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by BigBox on Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:04 pm

The X-BOne is finally getting some games.  RECORE, Tacoma, Dark Souls III and Sea of Thieves.  At least Microsoft brought 3 games to the table.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Electronic 3xpo Discussion

Post by DP on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:06 pm

Let's hope Sony gets some games too. 

The free 360 games thing is really making me hope Sony will follow suit and stop trying to force remasters and PSNow down our throats.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:14 pm

Last Guardian is back! :o
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:28 pm

This Sony conference has not let up yet.  Last Guardian, Hitman, Horizon, etc.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:53 pm

Holy Fuck, SONY, Y U PULL ON DEM HEAT STRINGS SO MUCH?
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:32 pm

lol I love how the Uncharted 4 demo was unresponsive on stage to the point that they had to restart it. Priceless.

Besides that, pretty good conference. Arguably great, although I'd need another first-party platformer or action-adventure for that. I'm glad that the Last Guardian is finally making progress, and I'm actually interested in getting Horizon (which is quite peculiar since I haven't tried out a PlayStation newcomer franchise since, what, Heavy Rain?). And of course, the FFVII remake. Good job, Sony. I was seriously worried that you would spend a third of the presentation talking about Project Morpheus lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:37 pm

Sony pretty much has E3 won right now.

The Last Guardian
Horizon
Hitman
Final Fantasy 7 HD
Uncharted 4

I can't think of everything exactly that it was so good, but I can't wait for Square-Enix's conference tomorrow to see if there's more Final Fantasy VII.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 am

Thank god they didn't work on Wonderbook-I mean, Morpheus too hard. Shame Guerilla's (other) new game is destined to fail though since it's Morpheus exclusive. 

TLG and Shenmue were leaked but still very nice to see be real, though kickstarting Shenmue 3 instead of Sony funding it is kind of pathetic. I expected Half Life 3 after those two. Other than that it was mostly run of the mill since NONE of it is relevant for this year. I mean FFVII HD is a megaton (in that, y'know, it should've happened years ago, like Mother being put on the Wii U VC), but we didn't even get ANYTHING implying anything about it other than that it's a thing. It probably won't be out until late 2016 at the earliest. Everything else next gen this year I either don't care about or is Battlefront.

So Greatness keeps waiting it seems. Uncharted 4 will be the start of that Greatness at least. No clear winner yet, MS pulled a hell of a shot with 360 BC. Sony did what they always do and it worked, plus they got CoD marketing. If Sony announces PS3 BC within a month or two then I'll retroactively give it to them, but for now I'm gonna say both groups did very well and impressed me in different ways. 

Nintendo still has the sleeper shot here as they did last year and they could very well make it count like they did last year. I mean they singlehandedly changed the entire landscape of E3 with the constant treehouses and such, so much so that both competitors did the same thing this year AND YouTube went all in on full E3 streaming for everything. But Nintendo could also end up shooting blanks if they actually don't have a big surprise for us like we're expecting. I mean Animal Crossing U is guaranteed for the direct, but Metroid, Paper Mario, etc, could make appearances and help their cause. Otherwise they just have to rely on Super Mario Maker and Star Fox with a last minute Zelda tease, and that won't be enough this year.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:14 am

I disagree how FFVII should have been done years ago, a PlayStation 3 remake would have never captured the highly atmospheric game like the PlayStation 4 can.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:37 am

And yet the single most atmospheric game ever according to pretty much everybody was on PS3 first? Come on, don't overrate FFVII more than it already is. It's a PS1 game; if you can achieve the atmosphere there you can achieve it on PS3 with a remake. Don't give Square an excuse or an out just because they're finally doing a game you want that easily could've been done and actually made a profit last gen. It's going to be pretty impossible to profit if this is a full remake, because it's gonna cost at least half as much as XV right off the bat to make fans happy.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:46 pm

that FF7 reveal probably killed any hype FF15 had.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:53 pm

Nope, Nintendo lost. They lost as soon as they revealed that Metroid disgrace. They didn't even show ANYTHING Retro had. That was disgusting. 

No competition now, Sony carried the torch.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:07 pm

DP wrote:And yet the single most atmospheric game ever according to pretty much everybody was on PS3 first? Come on, don't overrate FFVII more than it already is. It's a PS1 game; if you can achieve the atmosphere there you can achieve it on PS3 with a remake. Don't give Square an excuse or an out just because they're finally doing a game you want that easily could've been done and actually made a profit last gen. It's going to be pretty impossible to profit if this is a full remake, because it's gonna cost at least half as much as XV right off the bat to make fans happy.
I still disagree, the PS3 wasn't the right time for this game.  The console itself doesn't even have a GB of RAM.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:19 pm

BigBox wrote:
DP wrote:And yet the single most atmospheric game ever according to pretty much everybody was on PS3 first? Come on, don't overrate FFVII more than it already is. It's a PS1 game; if you can achieve the atmosphere there you can achieve it on PS3 with a remake. Don't give Square an excuse or an out just because they're finally doing a game you want that easily could've been done and actually made a profit last gen. It's going to be pretty impossible to profit if this is a full remake, because it's gonna cost at least half as much as XV right off the bat to make fans happy.
I still disagree, the PS3 wasn't the right time for this game.  The console itself doesn't even have a GB of RAM.
Didn't stop the greatest game ever. Shouldn't stop a low-resource ATB gameplay RPG. If they could get FFX on PS2 and make it look better on PS3, VII would've worked just fine. They were just too stubborn to admit it had to be a thing at some point because of Lightning
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:29 pm

Comparing the PS3 tech demo to this, what would you want?  That, which looks pretty okay even compared to PS3 games of that time, or what we just saw on the PS4.  Not only that, but on a console that will run it in a native 1080p and at 60fps.  That wasn't a CGI trailer either, that was an in-game engine trailer, I can tell by looking at the background.  It wasn't clean enough to be CGI, neither was Barret's arm.  And, I'm personally on the side that The Last of Us should have been a PS4 only launch title.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:50 pm

Oh please, for God's sake get off your graphics horse. That was prerendered and we all know it; don't argue anything else or you'll look just as foolish as the morons that said the PS3 demo in 2006 was in-game. And don't give Square any credit for waiting, because they only waited because they needed to try and make some sort of profit off of the XIII series. The game would've been fine on PS3, but now we get it in 1080/30! Woo! If you seriously believe they'll have native 1080/60, when literally one game has native 1080/60 on PS4 (and it's a first party port), I'm sorry but you're delusional. All we'll get is more bells and whistles to take advantage of 1080 instead of working on a stable 60fps. It's just how this gen is.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:56 pm

At no point should anyone believe the PS3 demos were in game, the system as less than a GB of RAM.  Also, remember when everyone though Uncharted 4 was pre-rendered and then were dumb founded when they realized it was in-engine?  Yeah.  Don't be one of those guys.

BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:03 pm

Y'all can talk about the PS4 and Nintendo's lackluster E3 all you want, but that Mario RPG crossover made my day. In fact, you could say that it was my... jam.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Alright, I have nothing more to contribute lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:26 pm

But dat KH3 doh.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:29 pm

I have more interest in World of Final Fantasy than that game, but then again I don't like the KH series at all.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:14 pm

Naughty Dog doesn't do prerendered though. Anybody whoa round it was prerendered was an Xbox downplayer. Square almost exclusively prerenders. They prerendered the KH3 reveal last year for Christ's sake.

And Count, the Paper Mario & Luigi crossover was really nice, but I wish it was on Wii U.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:23 pm

Let's not forget the graphics of Final Fantasy XV now.  Anything before the PS4 would have been too soon.

BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:34 pm

The graphics of XV, a game whose only graphical difference from PS3 to PS4 was an increase in particle effects and a bump up on native 1080p, something the human eye can't even truly recognize. Yep.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:41 pm

A still image of 1080p is 2 megapixels, the human eye can see up to rough 576 megapixels and considering that the human eye's frames per-second is limitless.  The human can, and will notice the resolution.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:14 pm

A still image doesn't depict the difference between 1080p and 720p and the eye can only rarely actually tell the difference. Yet again, though, you ignore the fact that an old school JRPG doesn't need 60fps or native 1080p to be atmospheric. Shit, unless they outright turn FFVII into FFXV gameplay (which I wouldn't doubt), frame rate won't matter in the slightest, and thus I'd doubt they'd focus on going for 60fps. 

But this is turning an E3 thread into a graphics thread, not a gaming one, so let's leave it there.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top