Ratchet PS4 delayed to 2016; Sony loses 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ratchet PS4 delayed to 2016; Sony loses 2016

Post by DP on Wed May 13, 2015 8:11 pm

So literally the only PS4 exclusive game worth having in the winter line-up has been pushed out of 2015. With that, Sony further relies only on third parties to keep momentum going through the year. With literally nothing to compete with Halo 5, Sony effectively decided hype alone was enough to keep the PS4 competitive until next year.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratchet PS4 delayed to 2016; Sony loses 2016

Post by BigBox on Wed May 13, 2015 10:07 pm

With the recent talk of the Halo franchise, I don't see it as a serious threat.  People don't seem to trust 343 to make a good one, and I can see why.  Halo 4?  I'd rather play Bubbsy.  Halo MC?  I'd rather play Bubbsy 3D.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed May 13, 2015 10:35 pm

Quality doesn't equal sales - look at The Order. 

Halo hasn't had shit since Bungie left, but that hasn't stopped it from selling. MCC is still selling well despite not working.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Thu May 14, 2015 1:08 am

This just puts more salt in the wound. :/
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu May 14, 2015 1:13 am

I can only think the delay is to avoid Avengers 2 sucking this movie dry in the box office, and as a result adding six months' polish to the game. This also means Sly definitely doesn't hit until 2017 as I predicted. 

On the brighter side, Paul Giamatti is playing Drek, which is the best cast outside of KMR. And Stallone and John Goodman are also in the movie.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Thu May 14, 2015 1:16 am

DP wrote:Quality doesn't equal sales - look at The Order. 

Halo hasn't had shit since Bungie left, but that hasn't stopped it from selling. MCC is still selling well despite not working.
Actually, most people would say that The Order was a very high quality game that lacked quantity.  Quantity doesn't equal quality, but it sucks to fee like there should have been more.  And, that's the feeling the people who bought The Order felt as if they got a high quality game with not a whole lot of content to back it up.  Here's to hoping the sequel does more and brings more in terms of overall content to the table.

MCC hasn't shown up on a top 10 anywhere for weekly sells for a while as far as I know of, and the game cost MS a lot of fan trust with 343 making Halo.  I'll give Halo 5 a 1,000,000+ unit sell number on release with over 300,000 X-Box units sold.  And, over 2,000,000 H5 units life time.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu May 14, 2015 1:25 am

Main series Halo has consistently sold about 2M first week in the US alone so you're REALLY lowballing there. As for The Order, calling it quality without quantity would imply there's quality. The only actual quality it has is graphics, with stiff, repetitive gameplay against poorly designed AI down hallways, rinse and repeat between the cutscenes for the five hours it lasts. Quality without quantity is more like Splatoon - an apparently fun game that has nothing else going for it except that it's fun and has a bunch of free DLC down the road. 

But that's neither here nor there. The point is Sony now has to bank 100% on third parties to compete with THE exclusive shooter franchise. It'll probably balance out in the US if CoD marketing goes PS along with the Battlefront and MGSV marketing. Worldwide obviously Sony's gonna win because Microsoft operates in two countries and there are a bunch of cross-gen JRPGs coming out. But at this point Microsoft has a chance to catch up, something Sony should never have allowed to happen.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Thu May 14, 2015 2:37 am

" The only actual quality it has is graphics, with stiff, repetitive gameplay against poorly designed AI down hallways, rinse and repeat between the cutscenes for the five hours it lasts. Quality without quantity is more like Splatoon - an apparently fun game that has nothing else going for it except that it's fun and has a bunch of free DLC down the road. "

As for the X-Box, that's just the way I see it.  They lost a ton of fan support with the initial announcement of the console, Halo 4 was overrated at best, and MCC was broken.  While they both sold well on release, I think consumer faith has dropped a lot since then.  I see it getting those high sells after the quality of the game can be confirmed.  Other than that, the only think I can consider laughable is your mention of Splatoon being good.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu May 14, 2015 11:26 am

It's an opinion supported by literally everybody who's NOT a fanboy. 40% of people who played it could even finish it, THAT'S how dreadful it was. People couldn't sit through three more hours of it. And I never even said Splatoon is good. I said it was fun. Fun with no content is not good necessarily, and I heavily implied that much in my post had you read it fully, so be careful with putting words in my mouth. 

Everything else you said is your usual "Playstation is the best, everything else is trash" crap so I'll leave it there, because your opinion on the Halo series won't in the slightest change how well it sells.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Thu May 14, 2015 5:05 pm

Quite the opposite, the people that give that opinion likely haven't even owned the game and are fanboys of other companies.  Even critics alike said the game was of high quality, but needed more content.

That's usually how it is, beat out 2/3 generations and dominating this one as well.  Those numbers don't lie, and the PS2 in it's entirety speaks for itself.  While Nintendo is still good, their main vocal point is history instead of tinkering with new I.P's.  It's easy to sell the same game for 20 years, it's hard to sell a new one no has heard, which is why Sony is better.

I call it how it is, not how I think it is and there is to be plenty of disappointed Halo fans over the years that might hesitate to buy the next one.  On top of the ones that jumped ship to Sony after the initial announcement of the BOne.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu May 14, 2015 6:11 pm

Your opinion is pretty much solely your own. Don't try to portray the entire media as fanboy for disliking a bad Sony game. 

That said, the subject at hand is that Sony has two PS4 exclusive games coming out this year, No Man's Sky and Wild. No Man's Sky is still cross-PC, Wild is interesting but we have so little info that it'll probably be delayed. Cockiness like assuming, in as many words, that they're "not worried" is what damned them going into the PS3, and their business practices are showing more and more why I waited as long as I did.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu May 14, 2015 6:56 pm

Doesn't Sony lose 2015 and technically not 2016 (which would be too early to predict with E3 right around the corner next month, not that my expectations are that high to begin with though)?

Anyways, besides the obvious thought-process of wanting any game to have as much development time as they need to be good, I'm irked that I still don't have much of a good reason to get a PS4 and will probably hold off until Christmas at the earliest. Plus, I just want a freaking teaser trailer already, we only have a couple of stills so far lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu May 14, 2015 9:06 pm

Yeah, probably a typo on my part. At this point MS has a real chance to win both this and next year in the US if they use the opportunity to gain momentum for 2016.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top