Zelda Wii U - 2015 Release No Longer a Priority (News update, Zelda Wii U Will NOT be at E3 2015)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zelda Wii U - 2015 Release No Longer a Priority (News update, Zelda Wii U Will NOT be at E3 2015)

Post by BigBox on Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:52 pm

This is big, and there's two reasons I would assume this is happening.  The future of NX first and foremost(because they can port the title over to the new hardware) and quality assurance.

BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zelda Wii U - 2015 Release No Longer a Priority (News update, Zelda Wii U Will NOT be at E3 2015)

Post by BigBox on Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:49 am

BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zelda Wii U - 2015 Release No Longer a Priority (News update, Zelda Wii U Will NOT be at E3 2015)

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:12 am

This has nothing to do with the NX, cause thats still years off. This is all to do with the fact they have bitten off way more than they can chew with this. Its a larger project than any other Game Nintendo has ever done them selves, on Par with some of their Xeno Games. They haven't been working on it that long and they want it to be just right as always. 

Besides, IIRC every Zelda gets delayed at least once.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:47 pm

This is a pretty ambitious game for Nintendo, I'm sure they can think of an excuse to stall development.  Game have been delayed years at a time, I don't see why this one would be any different.  And, Nintendo is a company whether it's a Wii U release or an NX release depends on how the Wii U performs.  If the Wii U continues to do what it's doing, I have no doubt they'll port over to the NX.  This is business logic, not fan logic.  There is no room for fan logic in business.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:04 pm

The only console Zelda to not be delayed was Majora's Mask. As much as I hoped they'd stick to their goal of releasing it in 2015, their delay means one of two things for Nintendo. Most likely, they hit some issues with open world design, and wanted to launch it when it's done as opposed to when it could come out decently. In this case, we're probably getting a big filler announcement at E3 to pad their fall lineup; my bet would be Metroid since Retro has been working on something since 2012 and full time since late 2013.

The other option is, they're launching the NX next year somehow. That'd mean A: 3DS is dead. B: Wii U is dead. C: Nintendo wants to abandon their entire fanbase in order to release the console a year before it'll be ready, to their fanbase that will be pissed at them, and a casual market that JUST invested in a PS4/XBO a year prior. AKA, sending the NX out to die instead of waiting a year like they are actually going to because market saturation is a thing. And that's all assuming that's even their actual next console!

If the Wii U wasn't making money, sure, maybe they'd cave a year early. Except, y'know, they didn't even do that in 2011 when the Wii was completely dead. And the fact that they need a new handheld first, but not too soon that N3DS owners won't buy in. Because again, saturation is a thing, and releasing the N3DS stopgap just before announcing that you're ceasing 3DS development isn't good business. Especially when the current gen will help beta test the new subscription service you're doing instead of launching everything cold turkey in one year and letting it be a total mess. And on top of ALL of this, most Nintendo teams are confirmed to be actively working on current gen games, which will be out this or next year. The few that are between projects (and likely gens) are 3DS teams.

The most clickbait solution isn't the most sound solution when talking business. Otherwise Nintendo would be third party, Sony would have sold PlayStation to Samsung, and Microsoft would've stopped making the Xbox entirely lol

NOW, on topic: I'm pissed that they delayed it. If it's not an early year release (i.e. A six month delay to help fill out 2016, not a fall 2016 release), I'll be even more pissed.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top