NX IS NINTENDO'S NEW NEXT-GENERATION HARDWARE CONCEPT

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NX IS NINTENDO'S NEW NEXT-GENERATION HARDWARE CONCEPT

Post by BigBox on Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:02 pm

Nintendo seems to be getting with the times, let's hope that doesn't involve laggy online gameplay and ridiculous gimmicks no one wants.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/17/nx-is-nintendos-new-next-generation-hardware-system?watch
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NX IS NINTENDO'S NEW NEXT-GENERATION HARDWARE CONCEPT

Post by DP on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:34 am

I'm expecting a late 2016 announcement to prep for a 2017 launch. Probably at a Direct, more likely just an investor meeting though. They won't do it at E3 since they don't do live conferences anyway (why waste the time?), and because that's what fucked the Wii U. An early reveal won't do them any good if the console doesn't hit before 2017. And considering most of the teams are working on confirmed Wii U games without release dates, they will not do a 2016 launch in all but one case, let's get that out of the way now.

That one case is if the X stands for "Cross" in the codename, and they do a partial rollout. The 3DS will need a successor soon, with the New as a stopgap to save sales. Most of the handheld teams are done with games this year, meaning they may prep a late 2016 handheld launch cheap (maybe $150). Then they launch the console part in 2017 at $200 (or $300 if you buy both parts). Presumably the handheld has 720p imaging, and the console outputs to 1080p native (by 2016 I'd HOPE 4K, but Nintendo). All of that is highly speculative, but it'd be an interesting way to go since they're definitely gonna have the console and handheld intertwined (no matter how bullshit the actual Fusion specs were, we all knew the concept was obvious).

Let's also touch on DeNA. They're doing mobile games and prepping a true subscription service for the new launch. I'm guessing they'll use the Wii U/3DS as a beta test until the NX hits, giving them ample time to prep what I hope could be their HBO GO type Virtual Console service. They probably won't charge for basic online since they've outright said no to that before, so the sub service will be for games only. They're broadening everything to get income everywhere, it seems, so that they can do what only they're gonna do next gen without losing money. (Let's face it, there isn't gonna be another Xbox in all likelihood, and the PS5 isn't too likely either with how both are leaning towards software services.)

And I don't know how much Wii U you've played but the Wii U's online is pretty seamless. I've only had a few issues with it, and normally that's in the lobbies - once you hit a match it's spotless 80% of the time. I can't attest to the 3DS yet seeing as I've had it a month and haven't used it online, but the New 3DS apparently fixed most online issues as well.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top