Kojima Would Like an Open World Current-Gen Remake of Metal Gear Solid, But No One Wants to Make it

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kojima Would Like an Open World Current-Gen Remake of Metal Gear Solid, But No One Wants to Make it

Post by BigBox on Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:58 pm

I find it a bit interesting that no one wants to make this, an open world Shadow Moses would be epic.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/02/02/kojima-would-like-a-current-gen-open-world-remake-of-metal-gear-solid-but-no-one-wants-to-make-it/
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kojima Would Like an Open World Current-Gen Remake of Metal Gear Solid, But No One Wants to Make it

Post by Count Mario on Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:33 pm

Perhaps a game like this could actually make MGS1 at least barely playable for me. I don't mean to flame or anything, but playing MGS1 in modern context last year literally turned me off from ever picking up the rest of the Legacy Collection up once I got to Psycho Mantis. I'm sure it was revolutionary back in the day, but it has definitely not met with aging that well.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kojima Would Like an Open World Current-Gen Remake of Metal Gear Solid, But No One Wants to Make it

Post by BigBox on Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:50 pm

MGS isn't the only game that has aged poorly.  This list includes games like Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, most classic RPG's, Syphon Filter, most games made to play without dual analog sticks in 3D settings, etc.  Although, I'm not sure how you would be able to re-tool that boss fight.  If it happens, I think Kojima would think of something 4th-wall-breaking.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:55 pm

Of course. I only meant to give my comment such detail since MGS happens to be so adamantly worshipped, and I've received backlash from fans in the past for mentioning any sort of nitpicks or criticism towards the franchise lol. I am glad to see that you understand though, and I am sure that Kojima could find a way. Given the standards of remakes, I wouldn't even be surprised if that boss battle (or the majority of them in the game for that matter) were reinvented completely. Not that it would be met with the highest praise from fans craving nostalgia, and it would be understandable, but still.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:54 pm

Didn't really need to make a list of games that haven't aged well. At that, I don't think Final Fantasy or any Zelda other than the first 2 belong on that list.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:19 am

OoT didn't exactly age well either, to be fair. There are a bunch of problems (most of which were addressed in OoT3D, outside of the unnecessarily large and empty map, and other unchangeable stuff of that nature).

Vice has a fair point, though; most 90s games aged like trash. Early FFs were literally broken, Zelda I needed an encyclopedia packed into the game to make sense, collectathons existed, etc. Whether that means MGS1 Redux would be good or not is unknown, but if they could find a way to get it to sell, why not? The selling part is the issue, as the remaster audience is way oversaturated right no, as Vice has been hasty to point out in any other instance. Plus, Kojima will be spread thin with Silent Hills and whatever side goals he has, and he wouldn't trust anybody but Platinum with the franchise.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:47 am

That is true, the market is oversaturated with remaster games and they get very tired quick.  However, I don't think that this is gonna stop any time soon until these consoles have over 2 years of life to build up their libraries with new games.  And, we all know that Sony and Microsoft have hitters planned this year.  For the potential of a MGS1 remake to be fully realized, I would give it about a right, or two and see what the remake/remaster market looks like.  I should be right about the numbers of those dropping though and maybe we'll see some truly special remakes made from the ground up for this current-generation of consoles.  One can only hope though, I would like to see new content flourish over remaking old content.  Which Kojima is quoted in this same interview as saying, "if I did something like that I wouldn't be able to make new games, so I wouldn't make it."  Which I agree with, and then he goes on to explain pretty much that he won't make a remake to be like the original, but rather make it as if it were a new game on the new engine for the current-generation.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top