Nintendo considering new ideas for next console

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nintendo considering new ideas for next console

Post by BigBox on Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:41 am

Don't you think this kind of news is a little early, and that might not get a new game until the next console.  If they don't release a Mario game, a new Nintendo console will be coming sooner than anyone except me on this website and most of the internet expected (nope, Nintendo still isn't the best game company of all time, Blizzard, or Naughty Dog is).  I also have no doubt that this kind of discussion isn't anything new to Nintendo after seeing the Launch of the PS4 (and continued success) and the BONe launch (even though MS hasn't made any money).

http://www.screwattack.com/news/nintendo-considering-new-ideas-next-console
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nintendo considering new ideas for next console

Post by Piratemankelly on Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:47 pm

lol@NaughtyDog being the best company. 

Also not gonna agree with Blizzard, but I will say that WoW is an impressive accomplishment with solid gameplay and fantastic lore. Bliz managed to do a better job in all aspects with an MMO than Naughty Dog did with their short single-player "masterpiece." Not gonna knock on Nathan Drake (forget the name; close enough), though, because I hear that series is actually pretty good.

Anyway, just because Nintendo is going to make a new console doesn't mean it'll be out anytime soon. Aside from that, it isn't surprising that Nintendo is thinking of ideas for a new console, because they probably have before the U launched, as have Sony and Microsoft before their consoles went on to market.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:30 pm

Nobody seems to be able to understand context when it comes to this comment. Every news outlet is instead pulling more Nintendoom with what Miyamoto said instead of using the actual comment.

Miyamoto ACTUALLY said that "yes, we're in the early phase of designing a console." That's not exactly a shock since the PS4 started development as soon as the PS3 launched, especially since Nintendo of America was looking for a hardware architect a few months ago. The place where it REALLY goes out of context is Mario. He said that the next console WILL have a Mario game that's likely different from previous ones, not that the NEXT Mario game will be on the new console. Considering EAD1 has been working on Galaxy 3 since before 3DW launched, people are assuming this means a new console comes out in 2016 effectively.

Looking at everything Nintendo has in the pipeline, 2017 is the absolute earliest we get the new console. Paper Mario 5 is 2016, Zelda is 2015 (with this kind of dev cycle, that means we get a cross-gen Zelda in 2017 if we're lucky, or 2018 one otherwise), Galaxy 3 in 2016, Metroid in 2016, Animal Crossing either next year or 2016. Most dev groups done with games in 2015 will then be responsible for the last wave of Wii U games, and the 2016 groups will be responsible for the first wave of 9th gen games. Nintendo has been in full stride for HD gaming since about this year, so this all lines up quite well with exactly how they've been planning their releases. There's a high chance that the Wii 3 is backwards compatible and a small one that this means the Wii U lasts another year or so before dying off once its successor hits. Depends on how quickly the Wii 3 sells; if it goes even remotely close to the Wii, expect a dead Wii U in 2018.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:41 pm

Well, I got people talking which is the point of this post, I won't make counter-argument.  But, I say Naughty Dog because every single game they've released since the first Crash Bandicoot as been Game of the Year worthy.  And, I say Blizzard because no one makes a game quite as polished as they do and every game they've made since the early days of Warcraft 1 has been nothing less than excellent.  As well as single-handedly creating the eSports scene with Starcraft.  That is all I will say.  P.S: For the record, I don't agree with either of your Nintendo defense arguments.  I'm expecting a new console by the end of 2016.  If Smash can't bring life and boost sales, nothing will.  The only thing that's happening right now with Nintendo is their hardware is becoming cheaper to manufacture.  Because, it's already old enough as it is.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:18 pm

You don't have to agree with the truth. It's not like Nintendo said in 2012 after the Wii U had a pretty good launch that the new console was in development or anything, or that every indication is that they have a full 2016 lineup that'd make announcing a Wii 3 a bigger mistake than releasing the Wii U a year early. Nah, if you don't believe it, I won't either.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:40 pm

First of all, they aren't "Nintendo defense arguments." They're logic. 

Why is it a mark against Nintendo that they said they are thinking about developing a new system? It isn't like they've gone gold with one, much less started it. Consoles take time to draft, design, program, and manufacture. 

I'm 100% certain that both Sony and Microsoft have been talking about what to do next before their consoles were available for purchase. Not because they are failing, by any means, but because waiting a bunch of years with no planning or forethought for the future is literally the most idiotic thing a business can do.

Secondly, you said you weren't going to present a counterargument, but you did.

Saying that every game Naughty Dog has ever made is GotY worthy is laughable. The Crash games weren't, Jak 2 is completely awful (haven't played either of the other Jaks for more than 2 minutes; I did really like Jak X, though), and TLOU's success is based on the fact that people want simplistic, cinematic stories with mediocre at best gameplay instead of storylines with well written characters, arcs, themes, etc with inventive or unique gameplay. 

Again, I have a lot of respect for Blizzard, but to say everything they do is the pinnacle of polished is insane. Naturally, you can't expect a MMO of that scale to be free of glitches, and it isn't like a freshly released Bethesda game or anything, but Wow is and was always full of them. But I don't really play Blizz games beyond that.

For the record, notice how when I talk about games, I make note to mention when I haven't played certain games, because I don't want to pull an opinion out of my ass. *wink*
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:21 am

:)
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:30 pm

lol @ND and Blizz being best gaming companies of all time. considering all the Big N have done and will continue to do. 

now into the meat of the subject cause that was obvious flame bait.

The wii was out what a year when Miyamoto sellotaped a 2 wiimote and nunchucks to a screen. trust me this is a long way off.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top