HAPPY BIRTHDAY PSAS!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PSAS!

Post by DP on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:52 am

Two years ago to the day, the game that made this forum came out.  Despite all the shit it got from the internet for both being too much like Smash AND too different from Smash, a half-assed effort from Sony at marketing, a low budget, a rookie studio, the death-touch of Sony Santa Monica, AND an early support cancellation (because obviously GoW: Ascension microtransactions are more important than a game that actually made a profit!) PSAS has trucked along, and the remains the BIGGEST section of the official PS forums to this day!  It's maintained its relevance despite Sony's attempt to damn it, and it's grown into one of the biggest cult games in recent memory.  Hell, Omar springboarded when SuperBot folded into a job at Riot helping update LoL!  Not bad for what many people called a heartless clone that sucked because it didn't play enough like Smash but was still a clone, huh?

Now I'd have LIKED to have hosted an anniversary tournament, but my college for some reason doesn't understand that the packets the PS3 sends aren't malicious, despite me telling them several times AND taking photos of my PS3 connected to the internet fine at home.  I've mostly given up on online gaming on a Sony console until next year as a result.  Maybe you guys could get something going without me?

As for Axis news, I'm working on learning to sprite effectively, because that's still the bottleneck in our development cycle, especially with our one full-time spriter doing great things with his band; shout-out to Slayer and his band, btw - it's a venture more than worth slowing the progress of our humble fangame, especially since those guys are legitimately great!  (What CAN'T he do?  Art, music, he's got everything lol.)  Back to Axis, I don't have too much free time, what with college and everything, so even that's crawling at a snail's pace, sadly.  If anybody knows somebody, by all means, get them in touch with us!  I've got no plans to give up on this, even if I end up having to work on it alone.  (Which, if that happens, expect the Alpha to launch by Smash 5 lol.)

Either way, happy birthday to the best damn Smash game out there!  Enjoy it, because tomorrow, it moves into second place.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY PSAS!

Post by 0CTAVE on Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:28 am

Happy birthday everyone and thanks for the shout out lol! :P
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:49 am

Seems like I was the only one to bring some cake...

Let's hope that we can keep up this forum's activity for another year! It's kind of ironic how the forum dedicated to a "clone" of Super Smash Bros ended up hyping up SSB's latest installment more than any other section for the past year or so, but I say that just goes out to show how adaptive and cool this place is compared to the naysayers forcefully picking one side over the other. Besides that, happy anniversary, guys!
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:44 pm

Cheers for another good year behbeh.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:47 pm

YAY WE HAVEN'T PLAYED PASTA IN AGES!

Still glad we all remembered and weren't swallowed up by Smash and OrAs hype....

that was just me
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:00 pm

As soon as I can get my network issue sorted out, I'll be willing to set up a tourney. 

And then as soon as the next quarter starts it all resets and I have to do this shit again...

You'd really think one of the nation's top CS colleges would know how the fuck to make a network.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:26 pm

I hired entertainment for the celebration.  hurr

BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray