Five Nights At Freddy's

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Five Nights At Freddy's

Post by BladedgeX on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:02 pm

Hey you know that Horror game about the creepy animitronics that want your security guard booty? Yeah, that one...

Since I am too much of a pansy to give you any information about this game (as far as I know it's sorta like a puzzle game in which you have to monitor the animitronics and prevent them to kill yo ass. It's mostly jumpscares and the sequel just recently came out in the same year as the first game. wut?) I'm just curious about your guy's opinion about this game or games that take the Amnesia approach rather than going Horror Action.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five Nights At Freddy's

Post by DP on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:29 pm

This seemed fun but more as a roguelike almost than a horror game. The scariness seems to stop because beating the game is so tedious.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:44 pm

Ah I see what you mean. I definitely see it as frustrating when you try to do one thing and the AI just completely takes advantage of a mistake. Especially, when some hints are sort of vague or cryptic. But still, I'm not comfortable watching anything related to FNAF. Animitronics just give me the willies. Ech.

Still I can see it become a trend like Slender.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:05 pm

Personally i think its genius in many ways. Especially the second one. 

They start out undeniably terrifying, but simple. Easy to learn hard to master. Instead of relying on the jumpscares to frighten you, the Atmosphere makes you shit bricks. in the second one they remove all security you get from the doors and then add stress with the music box and balloon boy. 

Then when you get used to the scares, it becomes a nintendo hard game. seriously its just like a classic nintendo game, you follow a pattern, youy win, miss a step by 0.02 seconds. (I'm serious the timing to put on the mask in 2 when the old animatronics break in is that) and you die, and its your fault. 

Simple but brilliant
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:29 pm

So there's a new one....

Man it hasn't been a year, heck even 6 months. lol
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:23 pm

Wait, are you talking about a second or third one? Because I was okay with FNAF2. It was quick, but the game is so small that there wasn't much need for a long turnaround. More so since it improved literally everything from the first. The third shouldn't be out for six months though, otherwise we're getting Rovio-tier milking.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:29 pm

Nope a third one. Search it up cause I'm too much of a pansy to confirm it.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:00 pm

Oh shit. Greeeeat
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:22 am

I haven't even played the first one, and I'm already tired of these games that try to be scary.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:26 am

The only reason I care that a third one is being made is because I feel like Jirard is inevitably going to do a Completionist episode on it. The first two were good, don't get me wrong, and the thir one probably would be too, but I already didn't care for the fact that he followed up the first one (which I accepted due to being the "it" fad).

Now, of course I'm just assuming, but considering that these were 2 games released within a year's span of eachother and he did both of them, but he still hasn't done Infamous 2, any Assassin's Creed past the first one, or really any other of the hundreds of great choices he could have done instead, I wish he would do something else.

AC is a like a completionist's dream. Heck, the achievement for 100%ing AC3 is called "Completionist." So much to collect, to do, to 100% synch, and tons of history / lore to look at (or over). Like, yeah, they're annualized and arguably in declining quality (I still maintain 3 wasn't that bad, and Rogue is pretty good imo), but they usually have 2-5 typical types of collectibles with rewards or something for getting them, a few other big sidequests, a main story, and some modern-day garbage. Even then, though,  I doubt they'd be as time-consuming as, say, Skyrim or Smash, or heck, even HW. 

At the very least, I want him to play AC2. Because Ezio is what made the series. Although, to be fair, a lot of starting points for gameseries are far departures from what they evolve into.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top