Toy Story 4 in 2017 Confirmed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Toy Story 4 in 2017 Confirmed

Post by Count Mario on Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:32 am

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/06/toy-story-4-coming-in-2017

I'm a bit worried that Pixar's gonna start milking the franchise. Not that they haven't already been doing that with Cars (which was mainly Disney themselves who pushed for things like Planes), but they at least have enough integrity to know how to maintain quality and only give into sequels when they're sure they've got a good premise/overview. Toy Story 3 capped off everything perfectly, and a love story does not get my hopes up. But I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Toy Story 4 in 2017 Confirmed

Post by DP on Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:38 am

Don't blame Pixar for this. We know who's responsible. Pixar has said time and again they'd rather make new movies and never go back to old ones. But, like the owners of Marvel, Pixar's owners don't care about anything but cash. And not making Toy Story 4 would be a waste of cash, even though Pixar tied up the series well enough. 

Now that I think about it, Star Wars has a new owner too, and they're doing the same thing. Huh. Go figure three different companies' owners are milking the companies beyond belief. Wait...
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:48 am

Actually, I'd say Marvel is just as into milking their movies as Disney is, or even more lol. But you make a fair point.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:58 am

I don't know if we can fairly extrapolate that. There was only one Marvel CU movie before Disney took over, so we don't know how long the CU would've lasted. Plus they sold off three of their biggest franchises to Sony and Fox somehow so they clearly weren't interested in milking until recently lol. Plus their owners are the company responsible for withholding films from print for decades solely to sell them for hundreds when they release them from the vault. And the company that is trying to make their own subsidiary obsolete so they can milk without people having conscious viewpoints against the milk. Why else would they have Frozen, that new balloon thing, and Wreck-It-Ralph under Disney Animation Studios? There's no comparison lol
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:24 am

One CU movie that already came with a teaser for forming the Avengers movies, so certainly at least a couple films were planned from that point on. Besides, regardless of how far they wanted to go, they're certainly in full favor of taking advantage of the situation of reputation and earnings considering numerous factors like taking advantage of having a show franchise as mediocre as SHIELD, expanding with five unnecessarily (but appreciated) planned Netflix series backing off of their movie success when SHIELD is already doing just fine, plugging in movie characters, looks, and even plot into their comics as if they care about the movies more than the comics (heck, it's even rumored they're going to off the Fantastic Four in the comics just because Fox is doing the reboot instead of giving back the rights. And before anything like female Thor gets on your mind, trust me, they ALWAYS revert status-quo changes when the next movie off the same franchise is about to release). And I'm not even going to get into pushing for extra pricing with their comics by forcing in bundled digital codes literally for an extra buck to the overall price, constant issue 1 relaunches, and the fact that there's currently an event about to happen in 2015 that might reboot their continuity DC New 52 style despite them having the best comic sales besides DC's Batman comic. It's not really like Pixar where they at least had dignity at first, Marvel's just taking advantage of the situation and reaping in as much as they can (especially when one article I saw from an executive even exclaimed that they wanted Iron Man to become the next James Bond in terms of relevance and franchise length). 

Did Marvel know they could get away with this much before Disney decided to back them? Most likely not, and I'm sorry if you to the impression that you thought I was talking about back when Marvel was in talks for Iron Man 1 because I meant in the current state of being bought by Disney. I'm just saying, especially when you look past the movies and look at all of the tv and comic adaptations/merchandising (seriously, comic adaptations of a movie adaptation of a comic adaptation), Marvel knew what they were doing by pre-Avengers release lol. Of course, I also have to extend credit to the obvious dick contest they're having with DC that has inspired them to make a bunch of their promotional and creative decisions (which is ironic considering they don't really have to at this point with how far ahead they are lol).
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top