Time To Throw Down a New Forum Announcement

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Time To Throw Down a New Forum Announcement

Post by Count Mario on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:15 pm

DP, I'm so sorry for that title pun.

Anyways, this is an update regarding the new rules we're going to apply to the forum's Super Level system. In the past, mods and admins have tended to be more than generous in terms of letting people off with several warnings until finally unleashing a throw (a parallel to the move in All-Stars that drains your opponent's AP and ultimately their Super Level), in which we've luckily only had a few people requiring even that and have only had two bans in our history if I'm correct (and the latest one is only temporary). So taking all of this into account, we've revamped the system a bit to ensure a more secure system that we hopefully won't need to enforce all that often. For one, only one warning will be received prior to a throw. These warnings will be active for a period of time after being issued in a thread and will be active throughout the entire forum, so if you choose to ignorantly rebel across this warning in any thread afterwards, even if it's not the thread or even section you were given a warning, your Super Level will drop by one level. So if you fully have 3, it goes 2, 2 can go to 1, and 1 leads being banned. However, you can build back up your Super Level after a week of no controversially provocative activity. 

That is not all, though, because this warning is also effective against any instigators who continue to prolong mischief against the warned person due to them not being able to argue back without a throw being given. So if User A is warned after an argument with Users B and C, but Users B and C continue to provoke User A since User A isn't able to retaliate without receiving a Throw, Users B and C will both suffer throws without warnings respectively due to prolonging the situation after a mod/admin has given out a verdict. I won't say any names, but we are applying these changes in order to hopefully prevent any more dragged out disputes that throw threads off of both the topic and respectable interaction/debating that have occurred in the recent past.

Thank you all for reading and I hope that everyone will be able to get along so that we won't have to utilize or even advance these newfound principles, although I rather doubt that due to the low amount of recurring members as of now and how I recognize everyone here for the most part to be wise and able to grow from examples of vindictive discord. The staff will let you know about any future alterations we may implement akin to this whenever necessary and agreed upon.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time To Throw Down a New Forum Announcement

Post by dragonfire111 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:43 pm

i request my super level to be over 9000 i think it fits me well, don't you agree.
if that is not acceptable then Dio Brando is the next best level.
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:50 pm

Our bargain arrangement isn't going over NEINNEINNEINNEINNEIN, Dragon.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:54 pm

thats unfortunate i was hoping at least for HL3 but everyone knew that wasnt happening.
could i at least get Ω.
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:02 pm

Technically we've had five bans, I believe. Noc, the fake Mink account, Fawlkin Pawnch, somebody else, and most recently Vice. Hopefully it'll stay at five, but this new system doesn't pull a punch, so I won't feel bad having to utilize the throw system anymore. 

I'll edit the rules thread accordingly in the coming days, and will bump this post when such occurs so you may see the official wording.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:07 pm

DP wrote:Technically we've had five bans, I believe. Noc, the fake Mink account, Fawlkin Pawnch, somebody else, and most recently Vice. Hopefully it'll stay at five, but this new system doesn't pull a punch, so I won't feel bad having to utilize the throw system anymore. 

I'll edit the rules thread accordingly in the coming days, and will bump this post when such occurs so you may see the official wording.
it wasnt me was it? I KNOW MY RIGHTS youll hear from my lawyer

(sorry if i seem hyper i had a rough day today and im trying to distract myself)
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:41 am

Anyway, are there any questions about these rules? Or for that matter suggestions? We're more than open to constructive reasoning before we finalize the changes.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Doqtor Kirby on Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:54 am

I think I speak for some people when I go... what?

Hopefully the official wording will be more user-readable. tongue

e~ ot~ I have 47 posts. For some reason I feel like I should have more. Maybe I've made myself at home already.

Last edited by Kirby on Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:56 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : e: edit | ot: off topic)
Doqtor Kirby
You Gotta Believe!
You Gotta Believe!

View user profile http://dr.k.ax.lt/

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:57 am

It is, don't worry. The User A B C thing confused me and I suggested the damn rule!

No offense of course Count.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Doqtor Kirby on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:04 am

also ot~ I hope that bug was fixed regarding the Super Level (the one where you could pick your level at registration)
Doqtor Kirby
You Gotta Believe!
You Gotta Believe!

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:09 am

That wa something Slayer said he fixed after the first couple cases. I don't remember if that was a permanent solution though; I DO know that the stopgap he made worked so that it shouldn't happen more than once in a blue moon.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:20 am

I thought it was pretty straightforward lol. If User A gets warned during an argument with Users B and C, and Users B and C take advantage of A not being able to fight back, then they get punished. Pure and simple. Sorry if I confused anyone, I'm just Saiyan.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doqtor Kirby on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:26 am

Count Mario wrote:I thought it was pretty straightforward lol. If User A gets warned during an argument with Users B and C, and Users B and C take advantage of A not being able to fight back, then they get punished. Pure and simple. Sorry if I confused anyone, I'm just Saiyan.

I had to do that.
Doqtor Kirby
You Gotta Believe!
You Gotta Believe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:37 am

I used to post a pic of Raditz whenever I said "I'm just Saiyan", actually. XD
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:48 pm

DP wrote:That wa something Slayer said he fixed after the first couple cases. I don't remember if that was a permanent solution though; I DO know that the stopgap he made worked so that it shouldn't happen more than once in a blue moon.

Has the problem recently sprung up again? It shouldn't but I'd like to know to further look into that.
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top