Best Buy Deal This Week

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Best Buy Deal This Week

Post by DP on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:47 pm

I just missed my chance to get a DS3 controller to replace my still-mysteriously-dead two by a few hours. They WERE half off. :c

But this week is actually really good too. Bogo on a bunch of 3DS games (Kirby, Pokemon, Zelda, Yoshi, and the Mario spinoffs), about half off on a Wii U Pro Controller, a great deal on WiiMotes, etc.

I got the Mario WiiMote and a Nunchuk for $50 total (with a $10 gift card coming free). If I had a 3DS I would've jumped on it but I'm still holding out until MM3D's bundle. I still almost did jump just to sell them on ebay lol.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Buy Deal This Week

Post by Piratemankelly on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:54 pm

Good luck getting the 3DS games.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:47 pm

Just get a 2DS, the 3D feature is a massive waste of money.  And, I still highly doubt they're making Majora's Mask for the 3DS/2DS.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:46 pm

Golly gee, that would help me save money except for the fact that it doesn't.

1. I bought my 3DS launch day. Completely happy with the purchase, as I've gotten more than enough of my money's worth out of it. Having a 2D or 3D doesn't make the games cheaper anyway.

2. Who are you to say there won't be an MM remake? First of all, it wouldn't be 2DS exclusive, and secondly, after making OoT and WW remastered as well as Star Fox 64, Majora's Mask doesn't seem unlikely at all.

3. What the hell are you even talking about? That has literally nothing to do with the topic.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:02 pm

It was mentioned in the op, bam.  Also, I never said anything about 2DS exclusivity.  Because, I know they're the same system.  But, the only difference is that the 2DS isn't a waste of money like the 3DS.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:05 pm

Fair enough. I retract comment #3 and admit to brief idiocy.

That said, point #2 still stands.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:01 pm

actually Majoras Mask remake details have been popping up at Target (? i think, don't know American store brands well, less they are over here obviously) in multiple locations.

now the leaks on Neogaf, but its multiple sorces http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=859351

i ain't putting supreme faith in it but its plausible we'll see it at SDCC (Where nintendo have promised surprises) or an upcoming direct (LBW was known about for a very short period of time before release, a remake will get even less.Heck it won't even have the slight rebranding problems ORAS have so it needs less time than those, and they have been known about for a very short time considering when release is.) plus they have the engine and it will sell so why not.

but i digress. my main point is...why do american stores get all the great deals where as i'm lucky to even find a gaming store anymore. seriously theres one place in my local area that sells games with a large (For ireland) shopping complex nearby.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:06 pm

I don't trust anything I see on neogaf.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:11 pm

If it was some other source, I'd agree, but Neogaf has given birth to some pretty hefty links in the past. It's really a mixed bag, but it's always worth considering.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:14 pm

The Target barcode came up as Mario & Luigi; that was deemed fake about a week ago. But yeah, MM3D will happen. It's bar none the most requested unannounced 3DS game, and video game remake in general. Even before Gen 3 got confirmed it would've been a close one. I can guarantee Grezzo (that's how it's spelled right?) is working on it as we speak, because there is nothing as safe to fund as a 100+ petitioned remake for what is pretty widely considered game of the decade 2000-2010. Not unanimously GotD, but it did get a BIG push.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:47 am

Another Best Buy deal, might have ended but I'll mention it just in case. 

TLoU PS3 was half off yesterday ($20). Using the gift card I got with my Mario WiiMote (kudos to Nintendo for actually fixing the WiiMotes over time btw, that controller is great), I picked it up for $15 new, out of pocket. Five of that was shipping and taxes.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top