Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mortal Kombat X announced

Post by Piratemankelly on Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:36 pm

Well, the fight was nice, I guess.

But overall, pretty boring reveal trailer. Sub Zero vs Scorpion (what a twist), Scorpion wins (how original), and then some blood and gore. Eh.

But at least the blood wasn't spilling in gallons. It's better being more "realistic" looking. That's in quotes because even if the amount of blood spilling is more normal, the circumstances are still outlandish.

Anyway, it looks nice. But of course, it probably won't look like that at home. If any of that was gameplay, cool but if not they really captured the essence of the chunkiness of Mortal Kombat in pre-rendered format.

Still, and I think the only thing we're getting out of this besides the fact that the game is announced is that interactable stages are included a la Injustice. The way Sub Zero swung on that tree branch, I mean. Making the stick into a sword probably isn't in actual gameplay, nor the fatality interacting with the tree.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:00 pm

BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:23 pm

Nice trailer, however because of it, they won't see a purchase from me unless the actual game looks like that. I've grown tired of being lied to with game trailers and then the final product being vastly different, to which the game developers state "but graphics isn't everything, and we wanted to ensure a true experience to what we had in mind" <- ya, right.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:09 am

I mean, it makes sense to want to make it as pretty as possible regardless of how it looks later. It's not like many games that boast to be beautiful end up looking like a SNES game, although I'm sure it somehow happened once or twice.

I wouldn't expect it to look that good, but judging based on Netherrealm's prowess, I don't doubt it will look pretty darn good. Well, except for the fact that it seems to be traditionally chunky, and they still probably can't model a woman's face to save their lives.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top