The difference of opinion is a beautiful thing. Cat face
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: E3 Discussion

Post by Piratemankelly on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:21 pm

I still don't think AC3 was that bad. The main character sucked, but the setting, naval battles, and the interaction with the wilderness were all fantastic. Though the actual Modern-Day stuff was cool, the ending with Desmond sucked.

Anyway, I'm not so sure about Unity. I heard people mention something about Comet, but idk.

Also, I love that when I tune in, after some boring Hotline Miami stuff, the whole pre-Sony Conference stuff is all "dude, Smash Bros tomorrow."
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:20 pm

"PlayStation TV. Because we want you to forget the Vita."

Glad it's coming to the US. And still cheap! Sadly, they yet again ignored the Vita outside of "we promise we still think it's important!"
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:27 pm

"It's all about the games, right"
"And now, look at all the TV shows we have!"

No, but No Man's Sky looks amazing. I told DP it's like watching Samurai Jack in first person.

Also, MKX impressed me a lot. The new characters look awesome (I wanna see more of that Merman-looking guy, although Bane+Baby and Buggirl were cool), and mechanics look to be HUGELY, HUGELY improved. Lots of good stuff taken from Injustice.

Edit: OH MY GOD THAT GUY. HE. IS. AN. EGG. I HAD TO WALK A LAP AROUND MY HOUSE TO CATCH MY BREATH AND GET BACK MY COMPOSURE. I COULDN'T BREATH. OH MY GOD.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:33 pm

Ratchet 1 Reboot/Remaster.

Welp, getting a PS4 by 2015 now
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:54 pm

*Shrug* I wanted to see a variety of "new" Ip's from Sony, but, that didn't really happen. There was two I believe that were never seen before, otherwise I was just looking at Indie games (some look sweet, others uh, my friends could make).

Personally, Sony's E3 was much better last year.

To much time spent saying "it's all about the games" and not enough time showing off that large number of triple A exclusives, most of which I believe we have yet to see, if they even exist.

Mer...I'm sour, is it odd to be annoyed that nothing made me wanna spend money? Hrm.

That being said, I did smile at what I saw in a few instances such as lbp3, and dead island 2.

And if I have to say I have a favorite, it's Entwiined. (Plan to play that with my gf.) No Mans sky looks fairly interesting as well if not organically pleasing. As for the two games that were new Ip's that were shown, I have 0 idea what they are about lol Besides a lot of blood and killing.

Last edited by Chaosdreams on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:58 pm

Sony just killed it at E3.  I would hate to be Nintendo right now, there is no way they can follow up any of that.  EVER.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:58 pm

DP wrote:Ratchet 1 Reboot/Remaster.

Welp, getting a PS4 by 2015 now
QFT, wish we could've seen one or two still images though.

Not to mention that R&C movie footage (really intrigued by the fact Dr. Croid is apparently in the movie). This was pretty much the only part of the conference that interested me the slightest bit.

And they're technically not with the Nintendo Direct. XD But yeah, I don't expect it to hold up, of course. I expect to see more titles I'm actually interested in there though.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:04 am

Apparently the game does fully follow the movie plot, Count.  That makes a big question out of continuity.  But we can continue that in the Ratchet thread lol.

The Sony conference was decent. Definitely not what last year's was; it missed the oomph. Ending on Uncharted 4 (a prerendered trailer, at that) was weak, since we all knew it'd be at E3. The pacing was alright at best. Overall fun to watch though.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:12 am

Decent?  (Replace the word "ready" with "decent.")

BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:15 am

I agree DP, I smiled here and there, and I even found myself giving claps to a few of the games shown because they deserved it. However, I kept waiting, and waiting, for an IP to come out of nowhere that was completely brand new.

Yes technically it happened twice, but both are dark. I was hoping to see something new that was light.

Or you know...The Last Guardian. lol
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:15 am

I actually saw your thread about that on the Insomniac forum (I lurk there sometimes lol). Quite the intriguing theory. I was always open to the thought of a tie-in game to the movie, but who knows where the canon will really go. 

But yeah, back to E3. LBP3 was the only real big surprise there, honestly. The rest of the conference was good (minus about half an hour like the stuff about the PS4 Camera and Brian Michael Bendis talking about Powers), but nothing really groundbreaking. Just Saiyan.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:17 am

Whatever you guys are smoking I would like to know, because Sony killed it.  #JustWonE3

Nintendo can pretty much pack up and go home.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:24 am

I think you're probably just a bit biased there. You did have the "Sony Hype Train" gif.

It had some good stuff. The PS Now was cool. No Man's Sky, Blood Borne, Entwined, etc. MK X was cool, but really explained nothing and it probably isn't exclusive. The MGS V trailer played during MS's showing, too.

But most of those F2P games are already on Steam. A ton of games they showed are just remastered or HD ports of other games. They didn't show off the Last Guardian, which, admittedly, is more of a selfish complain considering Sony never said it was going to be there, but a lot of people wanted to see it.

The ending there was just weak. Really, really weak. The PS TV is alright, decent price, but the fact that they brought that out after firing shots to MS about this being all about the games is just hypocritical, if not funny. Also, that Infamous DLC is just... they tossed that in there. You can already play as Delsin using the Neon powers, why not get a DLC with something new?

Overall, much better than the other conferences for today, but eh. I didn't think there was too much "ground-breaking" stuff. I'm not saying Nintendo's going to cream it or anything, but I just don't think it's like they really set the bar to a height Nintendo can't surpass so long as they play their cards right.

Zelda U. Put IGN reviewers to tears of joy, Ninty. Come on. For Smash, reveal all the characters people want-- Ridley and Mewtwo are both sure to garner huge levels of hype. Bring back some older IPS. Maybe some more sequels, like a new Fire Emblem, a Kid Icarus, etc. New Metroid, please, and ignore Other M while you're at it. Tell us more about Pokemon OR/AS. What's Miyamoto's new IP? Give us some Bayonetta 2 information. Some good time looking at X would be fantastic. Show us more of the spinoffs like Hyrule Warriors, Pokken Fighters, etc. MARIO KART 8 DLC!

And for the love of Satan, show us you can get better 3rd party support. I know, I'm definitely not expecting all or even most of that to happen, but they're just some examples of things Ninty can do to have a better digital event than Sony's conference. I don't think they really need to try to beat Ubi, EA, or MS, though.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:25 am

We get it, Vice. You love Sony. That doesn't make them perfect. They clearly had some problems this year ("all about games!" *goes immediately to talking about TV*). That doesn't mean we didn't enjoy it. That also doesn't mean you have to downvote any post that disagrees remotely with your own opinion.

The show lacked "oomph." I predicted almost everything except for the specific indies, Dead Island 2, and a Ratchet game. There's still no definitive reason to buy a PS4 after this E3, as everything of note comes out next year except for Destiny (on PS3 as well), and GTA V (been out for a year by the time it comes out on PS4). LBP3 was the shocker of the night, because they came right out without any buildup. And that was one of the few times I was really surprised, when that oomph was there. It was a victory lap, and Sony didn't really send out too, too many big guns to hammer home their lead.

I did have a fun time when Dr. Eggman was talking about that new TV show though.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:26 am

Piratemankelly wrote:"Sony Hype Train" gif.

It had some good stuff. The PS Now was cool. No Man's Sky, Blood Borne, Entwined, etc. MK X was cool, The MGS V trailer  those F2P games 
Fixed
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:28 am

Anaconda_Vice wrote:Whatever you guys are smoking I would like to know, because Sony killed it.  #JustWonE3

Nintendo can pretty much pack up and go home.

*Takes a deep breath* I'm smoking oxygen, reality, and while Sony had a good conference, it is by no means back breaking, flipping a table, revolutionary, pulling my hair out, they won all my money worthy.

Nintendo has Super Smash Brothers, a game that has a lot of my attention, and I am eager to see the characters that have yet to be announced. Sony has my attention as well, however they did not deliver entirely in the areas that I as a gamer pay close attention to. I own a console, that I have barely used, and feel no inclination to purchasing games for because of the rise in price.

As the price rises, my desire narrows to specific key points, while not completely ruling out new experiences. What wowed me was luckily in the market of affordable. What would have made me jump up into the sky, did not appear, and what was shown for the most part, are games that hug their fanbase, but do little to nothing for those who have no interest.

Uncharted
Batman
Metal Gear Solid

Great game franchises no doubt, but they won't bring in anyone new at this point in their storyline cycles.

That being said, there was still intriguing game announcements, but with very dark and vague showings of those Ip's, I don't have the slightest clue what to expect from them, and thus I have no real desire.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:29 am

DP wrote:We get it, Vice.  You love Sony. 

indies, Dead Island 2, and a Ratchet game.  buy a PS4 after this E3 for Destiny , and GTA V comes out on PS4  LBP3 was the shocker of the night, because they came right out without any buildup. that oomph was there.  It was a victory lap, and Sony sent out many big guns to hammer home their lead.

Dr. Eggman was talking about that new TV show though.
Fixed
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:35 am

If you're going to wave a banner, try and "fix" our posts, and try to prove to us that Sony is an infallible winning machine (exactly the thought process that lost them the 7th gen for several years), I guess you've forgotten an important thing about gaming.

DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:38 am

I think you mean the Kingpin, DP.

Still, I'm just hoping for some good Smash reveals and for the new 3D Zelda to impress me tomorrow. I haven't been hyped for any game in months, so I hope that I walk away from E3 with at least two-three titles I want to check out that haven't been revealed yet.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:42 am

An important thing FROM the kingpin, yes. I think that's what you mean, at least lol. Otherwise I'm not sure.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:48 am

I was referencing your Eggman joke, not KB. XD

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to check out some new Sonic Boom footage. I do believe that we will see Miyamoto's new IP tomorrow though. You know, that new franchise he always says he's working on and is hyped up but never shows? Wonder what it'll be.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:53 am

Steel Diver. It'll be Steel Diver.

Nah, it'll probably be that recently trademarked one.

Sonic Boom 3DS has me a lot more interested than the U version. That just looks meh.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:54 am

There is nothing Nintendo can show rival what just happened.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:55 am

Besides Zelda. But who said that Nintendo likes to rival Sony or even Microsoft nowadays? That was the whole point of the dropping out of E3 in favor of Nintendo Directs lol.

Still praying for a new Star Fox. I know it won't happen though. Well, that's actually what I said about a new R&C game being announced now that I think about it...
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top