E3 Discussion

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: E3 Discussion

Post by BigBox on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:13 pm

papertoonz wrote:i also wanna point out that japan will be getting smash one month before us
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:15 pm

Half of your list contains multiplatform games. Almost all of it contains 2015 games. You listed an artsy game; you've never once shown a penchant for liking artsy games. You're literally padding the lineup as if Abzu will be a huge selling point (if anything you should've used No Man's Sky as the artsy indie title).

There's bias on your breath like an alcoholic's on a Tuesday. Objectively, Sony had the best show. I'm not denying that. But objectively, that's not saying much. Last year we had ear-shattering applause. This year we got "next year!"

They dropped no bombs. Nobody did. To think otherwise shows bias. To continuously argue that the bias is fact is fanboyism.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:19 pm

I said, "the list goes on."  Other then that, there was a massive bomb in the form of Little Big Planet 3.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:20 pm

Anaconda_Vice wrote:I said, "the list goes on."  Other then that, there was a massive bomb in the form of Little Big Planet 3.

that wasn't a bomb that was a surprize
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:22 pm

papertoonz wrote:
Anaconda_Vice wrote:I said, "the list goes on."  Other then that, there was a massive bomb in the form of Little Big Planet 3.

that wasn't a bomb that was a surprize
It wouldn't be a surprise if it wasn't a bomb.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:23 pm

That was the closest we got to a bomb; it's the only thing that came without a leak. It got the biggest applause next to MGSV, but neither were near last year. And the demo was filled with mistakes.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:24 pm

DP wrote:That was the closest we got to a bomb; it's the only thing that came without a leak. It got the biggest applause next to MGSV, but neither were near last year. And the demo was filled with mistakes.

at least the demo was live
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:31 pm

DP wrote:That was the closest we got to a bomb; it's the only thing that came without a leak. It got the biggest applause next to MGSV, but neither were near last year. And the demo was filled with mistakes.
The demo is live, no one plays through a game perfectly especially when you're just having fun.  Not even the makers.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:35 pm

Doesn't make it feel less forced when the players are awkwardly chuckling while completely missing basic jumps.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:36 pm

DP wrote:Doesn't make it feel less forced when the players are awkwardly chuckling while completely missing basic jumps.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:38 pm

Aww, you got shut down and you're resorting to memes. How cute.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:42 pm

You're acting like you haven't done that before.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:38 pm

Hoo hoo I'm so excited for LBP3! A nice breath of fresh air to switch up the Co-op characters and they all seem pretty sweet in tehir own way. I wonder how the costumes would work on them since they have different body types. Newton reminds me of the Mad Hatter.

and The Last Tinker seems pretty cool too, even if it does borrow a few familiar concepts.

Massive hype for Uncharted 4 in what looks to be the last game in the series (at least for Drake).

Mortal Kombat X! 3 new combatants and... is that a kid on that giant's back? Hm... not sure how I feel about that and at the same time I'm curious as to how the fatalities would work on him.

Heartbroken that there still isn't a MediEvil 3 in sight. Goddamn it sony why can't you resurrect that franchise already? Also rumors circulating on Jak 4 being assigned to Naughty Dog if it's even in development.
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:45 pm

Eh.

To be honest, I wasn't really impressed much with Nintendo's. But to give them credit, you didn't have the hype ass crowd with you. Just imagine if they revealed that new Zelda in front of a legion of gamers shouting. Dumb as it is, stuff like that changes people's perceptions. Also, if they hadn't announced ORAS already and just left "omg Hoenn confurmed" as an E3 surprise, then that would've worked very well in their favor.

I think if Nintendo had done an actual conference, then I'd say they would at least tied Sony here. Both of them sure as shit beat EA, Ubisoft, and MS.

Imo
Sony>Ninty>>>>>MS>>Ubi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EA

The top two were still... well, not quite disappointing, I think, but definitely not what they could have been. There were no real big bombs, as you guys are saying. I mean, No Man's Land made me go "what da fuuuuuuuu" in amazement, but that's half because of the mindset.

I mean, I almost did the same thing for Zelda U and that was without having been tuning in for like an hour as it happened live. Granted, I might have a personal bias, but I thought about it in terms of the exploration, the boundaries this game is pushing for the console, the break away and simultaneous return to tradition, the graphical improvements, and the idea of the adventure. Basically, reminiscing on the series and seeing how far it's come. To be fair, though, I initially thought of No Man's Sky as Planetside, and pretty much compared it to that series.

Maybe I'd have thought Ninty did better if I watched the digital event as it streamed and didn't get spoiled by Facebook first. 

Overall, this E3 was meh.

Also, I feel like Ninty should've brought that Star Fox Miyamoto was playing into the mix.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:55 pm

It seems like Nintendo is trying to spread its stuff out over the course of the event instead of frontloading as has always been the norm. We'll see how that turns out for them. 

I know they sold me on Bayo2 now that they're giving us the first game free. I hope it's on-disc and not a download, though; otherwise I'll have to pick up a PS3 copy for collection's sake.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:12 pm

Yeah. I was thinking Ninty was saving a lot for later, namely Smash Bros of course. Don't get me wrong, I like the Mii fighters and Palutena, but they definitely left me wanting more. Even still, I guess technically that 4 new characters, not taking into account how each Mii setup has a ton of specials to choose from. 

It feels weird. I actually really love this idea and was supporting the Miis, and the fact that they're so customizable is awesome. But nonetheless, I find myself almost "complaining" about them since there's so much other stuff I wanted. But that's being selfish.

Even still, they shoulda' tossed in Star Fox. Heck, Hyrule Warriors was one of the games I wanted to see most, but Star Fox probably should've taken it's screentime. I suppose they did it the way they did since Hyrule Warriors is actually releasing in 2014, and Star Fox can't possibly be out sooner than 2015.

Also, Ninty's really, REALLY trying to get the Splatoon game known.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:33 pm

splatoon is really unique and it looks cool so i can see why
but the new star fox shouldve taken up mario makers spot
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:35 pm

Splatoon looked really, really bad.  That was the lowest point of the direct.

Last edited by Anaconda_Vice on Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:47 pm

Mario Maker is probably the game that'll last the longest out of the suggestions above; keeping it in was smart.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:31 am

To be honest, when I first saw the character I wasn't too sure if it was Link.  Not that I think about it though, blue is Sheik's color.  I guess we'll have to wait for more information to be shown off.  However, I believe we can discuss some speculation from this as to who it might be.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/11/e3-2014-the-legend-of-zelda-trailer-may-not-feature-link
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:38 am

I still feel like Pac Man should've been revealed either during the digital stream or the tournament. Why they chose to save pretty much the biggest character announcement for this gamer barring Mega Man's inclusion for an event that was behind closed doors personally baffles me. Heck, I personally still don't even see why Nintendo continues to insist on private round tables when they're being reported by live Tweets and site updates, but no matter. 

Just a couple of nitpicks in general, I actually think Splatoon is a pretty fun game. I might even get it, actually. And it is VERY rare for me to get impressed by a new IP enough to try it out on the spot, even (and especially) when it comes to Nintendo. Hyrule Warriors looks even better with how Midna appears to play, Mario Maker personally doesn't interest me much but I would definitely use it if it was free or at a very low price, Bayonetta 2 coming with a port of 1 with special features is pretty awesome, and Yoshi's Wooly World is quite possibly the manliest thing I've ever seen in my life (strangely enough, I'm ten times more hyped for that than LittleBigPlanet 3 lol). 

But yes, Star Fox deserved MUCH more attention. In my opinion, I feel like whoring out the last section of the show to Palutena of all characters was what should've been at least partially dedicated to a Star Fox teaser. If it was Pac Man, I'd understand, but of course not. Because Sakurai. If anything, she should've been revealed at the private round table if any of the planning surrounding Star Fox Wii U's publication made any sort of logical sense, but I digress.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:54 am

Well showing Palutena behind closed doors would say a lot about Sakurai and his reaction to leaks; what it exactly says, I'm not sure, but there'd be some big questions from the fanbase. I, until it happened, thought the Q&A WAS streamed, so that was bad on their part. 

And Star Fox could've been in the Direct, but do we really want what amounts to pre-alpha footage taking up space? The other two games don't even matter, they've already been put in Star Fox's shadow, so the three of them aren't necessarily good fits for the Direct.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:17 pm

I'm convinced that today's Q&A involves Majora's Mask. Zelda Williams' apparent surprise wasn't last night, but she did appear at the Smash tournament with a literal Majora's Mask. Moreover, OoT3D was announced at a similar Q&A session iat E3 2010, and said session also showed off a few other games. 

So either the unannounced game is a 3DS sequel in Termina, or its MM3D with a few other surprise games in there.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:15 pm

Mega sableye yo

papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:29 pm

I was hoping the Link thing I posted would get discussion.  It seems like a really good one too. :(
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top