Hideo Kojima Thinks Metal Gear Solid V Won’t Be The End, but The Next Could Have a Different Theme

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hideo Kojima Thinks Metal Gear Solid V Won’t Be The End, but The Next Could Have a Different Theme

Post by BigBox on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:59 pm

I think that he finally gets that he's most likely never gonna be done making Metal Gear.  Unless he hires someone that is willing to take all the blind fanboy heat of replacing Kojima as the Game Director/Writer of Metal Gear.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/29/hideo-kojima-thinks-metal-gear-solid-v-wont-be-the-end-but-the-next-could-have-a-different-theme/
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hideo Kojima Thinks Metal Gear Solid V Won’t Be The End, but The Next Could Have a Different Theme

Post by 0CTAVE on Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:12 pm

I'm not complaining lol
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hideo Kojima Thinks Metal Gear Solid V Won’t Be The End, but The Next Could Have a Different Theme

Post by this_is_marko on Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:21 pm

I was afraid of this.  I'm a die-hard metal gear fan but I was really hoping that the Phantom Pain was going to be the last in the series even if hideo is making the others.  MGSV will bring the series full circle and, in my personal opinion, trying to veer off into another direction could kill it.  Going farther into the past than snake eater i feel would be unnecessary as we already know everything about the boss that's worth knowing and if we went farther into the future, what would even happen?  (I'll put this next part in a spoiler tab just in case people are interested in playing the games)

How would you go farther into the future?:
With Solid Snake dead and Raiden in his own spin-off series, who would you play as?  Another snake clone or a new protagonist entirely?  Also, the overarching villian from all the games (zero and patriots) are either dead or disbanded.  A whole new story arc would have to begin.  Not to mention Ocelot and Liquid are dead as well.  If a new story with a new protagonist and a new antagonist has to begin, why not just create a new series for us to explore instead?

Also for the record, even though I'm a huge metal gear fan, I'm not one of those "hideo-can-do-no-wrong" fans.  In fact, I can't stand him and his massive ego.

Like I said, all of this is my personal opinion so if you're all excited for more metal gear games, that's great
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:34 pm

I would like for him to remake the original two Metal Gear games for the MSX.  I know he said that he wasn't going to, but he also said that wasn't going to make Metal Gear anymore since MGS2.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:47 pm

I wouldn't mind that as those two are a huge part of the story yet are incredibly hard to find in general, let alone in english (I believe they are on disc 2 of MGS3: Subsistence but that's the only place you can find them).  I meant if he was to create a new entry in the series, i feel like he would start to kill it
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:50 pm

I know they're on the MGS2/3 HD Collection on the Vita, I think they're on the HD Collection for consoles too.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:24 pm

That's right.  I forgot about the legacy collection.  Yeah they are on there too.
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top