Batman: Arkham Knight discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Batman: Arkham Knight discussion

Post by god-of-paradise on Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:21 pm

So yeah, Rocksteady is back in the game with a next gen Batman Arkham game :D get pumped!My life is very cluttered right now and that is why I haven't been posting much here anymore, but I still do keep tabs on it to keep up. Sorry guys /:
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: Arkham Knight discussion

Post by Real_Radec13 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:43 pm

Guess I'm buying a PS4 now.

And I'm so happy there is no multiplayer.
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

PSN : Duck_mann86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:50 pm

So... Scarecrow's going to be the main villain, which was heavily hinted in Arkham City? Sweet, I've had enough Joker for a lifetime. I still need some Man-Bat though...
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:19 pm

Agreed Man-Bat is a must.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/03/04/arkham-knight-has-no-multiplayer-kevin-conroy-returns-as-batman

"The title Arkham Knight, oddly enough, does not refer to Bruce Wayne’s Batman, but another new nemesis Hill claims is a “formidable foe” that will “really challenge Batman to go head to head with him in lots of different ways.” Game Informer describes the villain as a “militarized” version of Batman, with the signature Arkham “A” plastered on his chest. He'll join the ranks of The Penguin, Two Face, and Harley Quinn, who's available as aplayable character via pre-order."

Well my guess its Azrael, but I hope not. Azrael will always be a hero in my heart.
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:04 am

we will also be able to drive the batmobile.. get f**king hyped. 

Origins was a side game so I understand it for not topping the amazingness that arkham city was but heres to hoping rocksteady can make this the most amazing superhero game to ever exist
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:44 am

A villain with an Arkham A on his chest?

That's Anarchy. That is totally Anarchy... probably. Or it's really an all-new character with no relation to any existing villain.
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:59 am

Nope, it's not Anarchy. The suit (from an image I saw) is a lot like Batman's with glowing eyes and utility belt pouches. So far, I honestly think it's either a new character or Jason Todd being a pseudo-Batman (again).
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:43 am

GENERAL INFO:  (From the GameInformer Issue)
- Next-gen only. 
- Single player only. No multiplayer. 
- Arkham Knight isn’t just the name of the game, it’s also the name of a brand new villain. Rocksteady is working with DC’s Geoff Johns to create the character from scratch. 
- Batman starts the game in the Arkham City suit, but gets a new costume early on. 
- Takes place in a central zone of Gotham City split into 3 islands. 5 times bigger than Arkham City. 
- The level of detail in Gotham City is some of the most impressive Game Informer has ever seen in a video game. 
- Takes place one year after Arkham City
- With The Joker dead, Gotham’s villains come together to try to take down Batman. 
- Scarecrow, Two-Face, Penguin, and Harley Quinn are all confirmed. 
- Kevin Conroy is back as Batman. Troy Baker is Two-Face, Nolan North is Penguin, Tara Strong is Harley Quinn, and Wally Wingert is Ridder. 
- Batman visits with Oracle in the game, she’s not just a voice in his earpiece anymore. 
- Cut scenes are all done in game, so it doesn’t feel like you’re playing a game and then watching a movie. 
- The characters are incredibly detailed. One has the polygon count of Arkham Aslyum, the whole environment. 
- Batman’s cape and character’s clothing reacts realistically to wind and movement. 
- All quick-fire gadgets can now be used during flight. 
- Batman can perform a quick ground strike to downed opponents. 
- Interrogations are back. 
- Batman can incorporate the environment into his combat combos like never before. 
- Fear takedowns allow Batman to take out multiple enemies in slow motion, as long as he isn’t spotted. 
- This is Rocksteady’s last Batman game. There will be a clear ending to their Arkham trilogy. It’s possible that WB Games Montreal may still make Batman games set in the Arkham Origins time period. 

BATMOBLIE INFO 
- Rocksteady set out to make the best car in any game ever. 
- It’s so detailed it would take up the space of an entire Xbox 360 game. 
- It’s the only drive-able vehicle. 
- Players can bring the Batmobile to their location with the press of a button. 
- It can do burnouts, jumps, boosts, and even rotate in circles at a full stop to get you pointed in the right direction. 
- It can smash through barricades, trees, and building corners. 
- Batman can eject out of the Batmobile and go directly into gliding through the city. 

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/staypuffed/news/?a=95521#xVHAx6lfwrmho7Mf.99

So its not Azrael, well thats a relief. The batmobile is takes the space as one Xbox 360 game? Damn next gen
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:46 pm

Am I the only around here not excited about this game because of how poorly the last one was developed?
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:05 pm

>AAA game
>Considered by some to be the best one yet
>Has Adam West costume
>"Poorly developed"
>mfw

I can't say I'm too excited for it though. Rocksteady really knows how to waste/splurge resources in my book (a single person spent THREE YEARS on his Asylum cape, and the Batmobile had to take a team at least a year now too), which turns me off, in addition to my general apathy about the series. The only reason, I shit you not, why I want to get into the games is because of the PS3 Adam West costume in Origins.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:09 pm

I'm glad the cape doesn't move around like a cardboard box, but I do agree.  That was too much wasted time, but I'm just waiting to see how many bugs are this game.  And, how pointless the adventure aspect of the game will be like in the last one.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:28 pm

If we're starting an Arkham hate bandwagon, I'm surprised that neither of you mentioned the subpar combat system. XD
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:41 pm

Assassin's Creed mentioned that pretty much every year since 2007.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:55 pm

Oh...my...GOSH!  This game looks like it's the perfect game...

...to borrow from a friend.  

Seriously I'll see if someone else I know buys it because i'm not spending money for it haha
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:50 pm

Not sure which Arkham game you consider the last one, Anaconda. 

Was it AO? Because a lot of people hated on that one, but it was made by WB Montreal. Arkham Knight is made by Rocksteady, so you shan't expect the same problems (although I myself don't think it's anywhere near as bad as most people say; it's not necessarily the best, but eh, I think the story was handled better to be honest).

It you're talking about AC, then I don't know what to tell you. It's not your game.

As for the Assassin's Creed gameplay comparison, they are similar, but Batman's is a lot more fast paced and offensive. It feels a lot more like the "free flow" it advertises than the comparatively blocky feeling AssCreed. Unfortunately, it also kinda' leaves little room for improvement.

That's one of the bigger complaints with AO-- that they tried to change up combat by making it faster paced, which just made it harder. It wasn't bad, you just needed to be more proficient at it.

So far, I'm impressed by some things. I like some of the new concepts they're introducing, as well as area size and the batmobile. Same old villains is kinda' disappointing, although I do like the aesthetic changes to them. Especially with Riddler.

I'm gonna' be super disappointed it Joker makes it back, but I don't think there's really a chance he won't be in the game. Glad Scarecrow is back, and the Arkham Knight sounds interesting. Hush HAS to appear after last game, since this is Rocksteady's last Arkham game. And Azrael's subplot's gotta' be huge in here. Hope he ends up being playable.

But bringing it to DP's point on the cape, well... it definitely sounds like they're doing it again. No, no, wait, it sounds MUCH more OCD than before.

"- The level of detail in Gotham City is some of the most impressive Game Informer has ever seen in a video game. 
- Cut scenes are all done in game, so it doesn’t feel like you’re playing a game and then watching a movie. 
- The characters are incredibly detailed. One has the polygon count of Arkham Aslyum, the whole environment. 
- Batman’s cape and character’s clothing reacts realistically to wind and movement. 
- Rocksteady set out to make the best car in any game ever. 
- It’s so detailed it would take up the space of an entire Xbox 360 game."

I want this game, but I'm not getting a PS4 for like, forever. Harley isn't incentive enough to care to buy it way early, either.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top