Personal Disney/Pixar Movie Opinions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Personal Disney/Pixar Movie Opinions

Post by Count Mario on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:01 pm

Seems like a bit of a strange topic, but allow me to give a few cents of my own.

I think Monsters University is better than Inc (which is still a great film) for several reasons.

Toy Story 2 is actually my favorite Toy Story film, with 3 being the least (after rewatching the whole trilogy and watching Nostalgia Critic's reviews, I finally agree with you, lpool. Still love all three though).

I think the Princess and the Frog is underrated.

I think Frozen is REALLY OVERRATED, mainly due to its rushed as hell plot developments and the fact that personally, it's the one Disney movie where I don't really like any of the songs (yes, that includes Let It Go). They just try too hard to sound like Marriah Carey songs.

Cars 2 sucks. Oh wait, that's a popular opinion.

Up is really underrated in terms of most of its content. People only really talk about the first ten minutes, which are very powerful, but the movie holds that quality and even more for the rest of the film. In fact, it's one of my favorite Pixar films.

I think WALL-E and Finding Nemo are severely overrated. Not bad movies, of course not, but I feel like people give them too much credit.

I liked every single Disney Princess movie outside of Cinderella, mainly because of how horribly it's aged with its cliches.

I enjoyed the Lion King sequels, Little Mermaid II, Kronk's New Groove, every Stitch sequel besides Leroy & Stitch, The Rescuers Down Under, and Aladdin and the King of Thieves. Don't get me wrong, none of them beat the original films, but not EVERY Disney sequel was bad.

I doubt that this thread will really get much of a response, but I'm in a Disney mood, so shock it.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Disney/Pixar Movie Opinions

Post by DP on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:33 pm

Frozen was REALLY mediocre but omg Disney princess it's so güd logic is so prevalent when people discuss that movie. (For the record, I only saw it because my girlfriend wanted to.)

I find most Pixar movies overrated, honestly, Toy Story included.

Disney is going Apple on Pixar and I can guarantee the quality will drop soon. They're doing a sequel to Planes already, and the business model of "release one new movie and a sequel every year or two" is going to really harm Pixar in coming years.

Star Wars could end up VERY terribly in a few years because of the very same business model, though I can guarantee VII-IX will turn out fine because of the immense amount if Original Trilogy writers/producers/etc. taking an active role. (Star Wars is Disney, so deal with my inclusion of it.)
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:46 pm

Yeah Frozen was meh but it's the first Disney/Pixar movie that shows little girls that  "HEY, THE FIRST GUY YOU FIND ISN'T ACTUALLY THE ONE!" 

Lmao!
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:18 am

Yeah, I give it credit for that, but the execution of how that happened was just... so half-assed. I mean... that twist with little to no hinting at all and out of nowhere was just so.... nyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. That's really the best wording I could use to describe how I feel about it. But I'll definitely respect how it focused on love through family and friends instead of lust.

Frozen Ending Spoilers:
Still, I wish that Ana and Kristoff didn't get together. They were way better off as friends and shared little to no romantic chemistry at all.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:08 am

Which is Disney's way of saying "high divorce rates are fine! Marry the first guy you see!"
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:15 am

DP wrote:Which is Disney's way of saying "high divorce rates are fine! Marry the first RICH AND HANDSOME guy you see!"

Fixed it.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:17 am

I thought Frozen was alright. I only liked the opening song "Frozen Heart" (Once they cut into the ice). Manliest I've heard in a Disney movie right next to Mulan's "Make a Man Outta You".
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:30 am

I haven't really watched many.

I remember Wall-E kinda' tackled some environmental stuff and some cynical views of humanity's laziness that I don't really see having been terribly amusing to children.

The most I cared for Finding Nemo was the diversity of sealife, to be honest. Not that I thought it was really "bad," though. I liked the sea turtles and the French shrimp dude. 

The Incredibles was pretty good. I thought their take on humanity bitching about superheroes injuring them while saving hundreds of lives and whatnot was pretty funny and accurate. Action scenes were surprisingly decent.

I don't believe I've ever watched a Disney Princess movie. I watched the end of Beauty and the Beast while doing a project for English class. A girl in my creative writing course pointed out how the entire story was that Belle rejected Gaston because he was an asshole, then met Beast, who was also an asshole, but gave him a chance which turned him into a good person, and pretty much how if she had just given Gaston the light of day he could've changed to. Now, whether that's right or not, I don't know.

I freaking love Mulan's "I'll Make a Man Out of You." It's just one of those songs, you know? That said, never saw the movie.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:57 am

Eh, I disagree with that. Yes, Beast is a douchebag, but it wasn't like she grew to adore him right away out of Stockholm Syndrome or something. She actually got to know about his backstory, the Beast tried to make an effort to sort of start a perverse, yet understandable relationship due to this being the only cure for his form (and she mainly went along with it because she had no choice) that would just keep screwing up and all of that jazz. And throughout the story, they grow attached to one another and such. And it's not even like she had abusive wife syndrome where if he got angry, she would stay. No, she actually tries to get away, but again, lots of circumstances. The Beast was always a jerk, but at least in his current form, you could understand why he was like that.

Gaston on the other hand... He's a playboy douche because he wants to be a playboy douche and views women as objects along with being an ignorant asshole who just cares about his good looks and even went as far as committing Belle's father to a mental institution just to try and get Belle to marry him. There was absolutely no redeemable factors to this guy at all. Beast was a douche that would yell at Belle and keep her in the castle against her will but he was at least still human, ironically. After all, she agreed to let her father go if she stayed, saved her from a pack of wolves when she tried to escape which had him fatally wounded, and was even willing to let her go back to her village when the relationship was in a big rut. So I really think that girl in your class was talking out of her ass.

You know what, watch this video and try to tell me this might be the type of guy who has any realistically likable qualities within him:

I'm not saying that Beast is the perfect guy to fall for in any sort of fashion, but saying the relationship could've turned out just as good with Gaston is like proclaiming Jasmine could've seen the human side of Jafar if she gave into his power. It's just nonsense.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:05 am

Count Mario wrote:Yeah, I give it credit for that, but the execution of how that happened was just... so half-assed. I mean... that twist with little to no hinting at all and out of nowhere was just so.... nyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. That's really the best wording I could use to describe how I feel about it. But I'll definitely respect how it focused on love through family and friends instead of lust.

Frozen Ending Spoilers:
Still, I wish that Ana and Kristoff didn't get together. They were way better off as friends and shared little to no romantic chemistry at all.

For some reason, I saw it coming lol
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:28 am

I actually did too, but with how the movie turned out and its morals, it just comes off in really bad taste within my opinion.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top