The Purge: Anarchy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Purge: Anarchy

Post by BigBox on Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:28 pm

As we all know, the first one did fall short of expectations as we had anticipated.  However, the direction they're taking with this one seems better than the first movie.  I would like to see more of this movie.

BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Purge: Anarchy

Post by Real_Radec13 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:44 pm

This is what I predicted when the purge came out last year. My friends wanted to see a movie more like this and now its happening. Definitely excited.
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

PSN : Duck_mann86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:51 pm

Same here.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:31 pm

I'll wait to see what people think because I called that movie being watered down from an excellent idea to a generic family-trapped-in-house movie literally the first time I saw the preview. Modern Hollywood isn't intelligent enough for an insightful allegory on our society's rapidly deterioratinvm morality, so instead, guys in masks!

This is a rare time where I'll say a book would be infinitely better than a movie. You can't easily capture the feel of a prosperous nation transforming temporarily into ahopeless society when being ravaged by an event such as the Purge, mostly because in a movie that leads to a massive budget. The lives of excess and such have only really been captured well recently by Elysium (great movie, though it's use of the theme of societal corruption was GREATLY overstated in the reviews for it, sort of like this movie was in the previews), and BioShock Infinite.

...I'm a writer, I live for this stuff lol. Thankfully the second one doesn't seem as stupid (and the plot will almost HAVE to show the extent of the looting!).
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:20 am

I'm a writer too, we have so much in common.  Anyway, I guess it depends because I would argue that writers don't take advantage of writing for a movie a lot of the time.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top