EVO 2014 gamelist

Post by papertoonz on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:36 am

* UMVC3
* USF4
* Injustice
* KOF13
* Killer Instinct
* BBCP
* Melee (Pending Nintendo approval, some sort of drama)

* EVO will be X-Mania US (Super Turbo)

god damn nintendo
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: EVO 2014 gamelist

Post by BigBox on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:54 am

Kill Instinct...  Sad Sackboy
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:56 am

I quite enjoyed watching UMVC3 and Injustice last year.  More so than rooting for anyone in particular to win, i just root for Chris G to lose haha
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:44 am

I'm surprised the FGC acknowledges Injustice anymore.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:25 am

Injustass better not be main stage. Surprised Ultra is there over Super it won't be out that long. Killer Instinct will be hype, hope they fix Spinals Teleport so he's allowed (although inb4 Saberwulf mirrors or Sadira Mirrors in the final.)
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:39 pm

DP wrote:I'm surprised the FGC acknowledges Injustice anymore.
I'm not, it's a good fighting game even though I don't like it that much.  I'm actually surprised they acknowledge any Smash game.  Anyway, I can't wait for Mortal Kombat 10.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:40 pm

Anaconda_Vice wrote:
I'm not, it's a good fighting game even though I don't like it that much.  I can't wait for Mortal Kombat 10.
DID YOU WATCH EVO LAST YEAR? That kind of shit kills games. you can pull off good stuff but the game comes down to Superman Eye lasers or bust.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:46 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:
Anaconda_Vice wrote:
I'm not, it's a good fighting game even though I don't like it that much.  I can't wait for Mortal Kombat 10.
DID YOU WATCH EVO LAST YEAR? That kind of shit kills games. you can pull off good stuff but the game comes down to Superman Eye lasers or bust.
It is possible to ban characters that are too OP you know.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:56 pm

Not at EVO. only characters that are Game Breaking. For example Rolento had an attack in early SFxT that would crash the game if it hit another Fireball. Spinal crashes KI if you teleport when your opponents in a corner. They would be banned if the issues existed. Zod was banned from injustice last year, as they hadn't checked if he had that tech. If OP characters were banned, there would be no Virgil, Doom or Zero in UMVC3 or Fox in Melee. but they are allowed.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:38 pm

In the interest of fair contest, sacrifices have to be made.  Also, I would add Falco to the Melee ban list because he dose everything Fox does, but has a better gun and reflector.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:11 pm

Oh yeah in an ideal scenario but that's not how EVO works. And yeah Falcos good too but Fox is Better, we honestly don't know if Falco could be banned as everyone plays "Fox only, No items, Final Destination." That's competitive melee with a few bugs thrown in to allow guys like Ice Climbers to function.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:20 pm

Last I checked the Tier list Falco was number one, I guess it changed.  In any case I still think Falco is a better character because his gun is better approach method and his reflector can punish people who like to roll a lot.  Falco is also as fast as Fox.  The only reason I can think of someone rating Fox higher is because his gun has a faster fire rate, but it's not a viable option for approach.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:16 am

Melee Falco is not the same as Brawl Falco. Melee Falco is a complete Clone of Fox with only a few slight differences. So he doesn't throw his reflector and Fox had the same fire rate and stun as he in Melee. 

I shit you not they are like, right next to each other on the tier list.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:20 pm

Oh, I keep forgetting that.  I guess I really don't like Melee that much because Falco's moveset is so much better in Brawl.

I know they are.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:07 pm

It really is.

You can say Fox got the short end of the stick in Brawl.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:15 pm

You could say that lol, I hope Falco is in the new Smash.  I have a feeling he will be though since a lot of people like that character and he is one of the most used in the game.  Although, if they don't put him in the next Smash they would give his gun and reflector to Fox.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:27 pm

Kind of a boring show, but honestly I can't really expect much difference since there haven't been an abundance of fighters.

UMVC3 is probably the flashiest game. It's entire system is based off of being broken. Hopefully someone brings up a relatively creative team, but I doubt it. Eh, it's still decently entertaining.

USF4? Hmm. The players won't have had much time to get used to the changes. Even still, it's based on the gameplay of the previous games, so it's not like the gameplay is going to be too low-level (or rather, low-level for a professional player). Still interested for that last new character, although I'll be pretty disappointed if it does end up being one of the Dolls.

Injustice. Probably my favorite to play, but the game just ended up feeling like such a letdown. I'm not even talking about the roster choices. I don't know, it had a great story with plenty of content, and the core gameplay was pretty solid, but balance is pretty skewed. It's fun to play, but it just doesn't look... quite as entertaining to watch, unless the match is really good. But, this is EVO, so I think it probably should be.

KOF is one of the manliest fighters out there. I think this'll be pretty hype.

KI was shaping up to be a great game. It's balanced very well due to its small roster size and the machanics are solid. Hopefully the team working on it now is able to keep the quality despite Amazon buying DH (I heard the KI team is still with Microsoft though-- too lazy to do research, but if that's the case it should be fine). 

Since Spinal came out not too long ago, I don't think we'll be seeing him too much. Then again, people are pulling off some crazy stuff in same livestreams.

I really have no thoughts on BBCP.

Melee... eh. I love Smash, but even Speedwagon doesn't want it at EVO.

Speaking of Speedwagon, JJBA ASB for EVO 2015!
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:33 pm

That would be true since the team that was working on Killer Instinct doesn't own that license.  RAREWARE owns Killer Instinct still and since Micro$oft owns RARE.  They can have any team work on RARE's I.P's.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:09 pm

Microsoft own the license now, not Rare. They bought Rare and all their licenses. 

Spinals weird. His potential is amazing, he has godly specials he can really fuck you over, however his normals SUCK HARD. 

I just want that Spinal theme in the EVO final. I wonder if Fulgore will be out and allowed...
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:44 pm

He never said KI wasn't a Microsoft property; we all know that's been true for years. However, if the studio is no longer in charge, it's bad news for Microsoft unless they can get a good team together to make a sequel or fix up/possibly add to this one. And knowing Microsoft's history with Rare IP, they're REALLY bad at getting competent studios to do shit with them.

I'm not even sure how it jumped to the subject of "KI isn't a Microsoft franchise now" though to warrant that aspect of the discussion. Back on topic: Safe bet is that USF4, UMvC3, and KI take the crown for best matches, just because Melee is so fucking old that we've seen everything there is to see. This year will be pretty lackluster overall, but next year is shaping up to be good.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:12 pm

Yeah, what he said. I meant the actual team from Double Helix not transferring over with the rest of the company, not the ownership of KI. If the KI team left the rest of Double Helix, then KI's future should be just fine.

I don't know if UMVC3 will really even be hype. It'll probably be the same teams with the same setups without terribly much difference. I don't disrespect the strategy since they're playing with money and thus want to win, but it'll be especially boring if Chris G is playing / winning.

Also, not too sure about SF. Like I said, these guys probably won't be quite up-to-par with the new system like they were with the previous. So while the gameplay will likely still be very high level, it won't be quite as good as it would be with a previous version. Even still, it could surprise me.

I didn't think KI would be fun to watch initially, but Maximilian proved me wrong. I think it'll definitely be a good show.

Really hope somebody's going to make Injustice fun to watch. 

Definitely agree with Melee being boring. 

Last year, KoF had probably the most hype moments, imo. I'm expecting that again this year.

But the thing about hype almost perplexes me, at least in terms of comebacks (which is often the cas in fighters). A guy beats the other guy to like 2% without taking much / any damage. The comeback is that the guy basically does the same exact thing to him, except finishes the job. This is especially, uhh, for lack of a better phrase "not noteworthy" if the game consists of a near touch-of-death combos.

No doubt fun to watch, but it isn't like a real-life comeback, as in like boxing, where the underdog is all beaten and bloody. Even in a lot of sports, it's kinda' the same but the people are at least pretty fatigued.

But with a fighter, the low character's health doesn't really change their gameplay (I mean, unless there's a comeback mechanic *cough* X-Factor *Cough*). Using the controller hasn't really taxed the player's body. So even if a comeback is hype as shit, in essence it's just a better repeat of what happened the first half of the match.

Of course, that's kinda' generalizing. Nobody can beat the Daigo Parry, because that was a do-or-die moment. Or when a champion is unseated-- especially if he got wrecked. It's really just the pressure being put on the other player that makes these comebacks hype more than the concept itself.

And all that said, hopefully we see someone pull off a massive comeback.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top