Gaming Confessions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gaming Confessions

Post by DP on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:52 am

Here you can discuss your well-kept secrets about gaming, things that you couldn't normally say in the regular realm of gaming discussion. I'll start, as an example:

1. I hate the GameCube. The controller is mediocre, the bumpers are awful, it had like four games, it looked like a lunchbox, the discs sucked, Melee's overrated, etc. The best thing to happen to GameCube was Mario Kart: Double Dash.

2. I hate Steam. No other service convinces people to buy games they've already bought and currently own, just because it's on sale. Plus, Valve puts a shit-ton of restrictions on developers and publishers that essentially screw them out of profit.

3. In my opinion, the greatest controller of all time is Dualshock 4. The later model 360 controllers and GamePad are not too far behind though.

4. I still think there was no reason for a Resistance rep in PSAS, and I'm glad they skipped out on one.

5. I to this day regret selling my Mario Party 1 cart when I was like seven. I was so close to 100%ing it, and I sold it at a flea market for like two bucks because I was a retard before I turned 9.

6. I like Sonic 06.

7. I expect The Last of Us to be completely underwhelming when I get to playing it. And I've still avoided all spoilers.

8. It really bugs me that Sony changed the PS3 logo from Spider-Man font back in like 2009 because it messes with the uniformity of my PS3 collection.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming Confessions

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:39 am

DP wrote:6. I like Sonic 06. 

Moving on:

1. I barely play any video games nowadays to the point where I find myself reading much more about them than actually interacting with the real thing.

2. I own BioShock Infinite and Injustice: Gods Among Us, and haven't played them even once.

3. I don't think Cloud realistically deserves an inclusion in All-Stars. If anything, it should go to Sephiroth or Kefka.

4. I despise MGS1 as if it were a bleeding hemorrhoid on my ass.

5. I don't the Joker's that great a villain. (sort of using the Arkham games to cover an arguable argument based on comics, but whatever)

6. Despite their proven capabilities and success (and this is even more ironic due to how hyped I am for Tropical Freeze), but I think Retro Studios is immensely overrated with just a catalog of having worked on three FPS Metroid games and 1-2 DK platformers. At least when compared to a bunch of other companies Nintendo has under its belt. Sort of like Naughty Dog, except they can actually make platformers that stand the test of time.

7. I wish Shigeru Miyamoto retired already.

8. I feel like the main Super Mario series 3D platformers should be retitled to including "Bros." again. I mean, why not? We've already gotten past the days of Luigi getting excluded from platformers (which only occurred in 64 (not counting its DS remake) and Sunshine), and his popularity has already proved to be staggeringly evident. Why keep him in the shadow of his brother any longer by having Mario hog the whole title? This situation is almost like if Insomniac excluded Clank's name from every future installment in the R&C series post-Deadlocked.

9. I feel like people give too much of a damn about Zelda's timeline and should just focus on each installment being their own thing for the sake of less migraines and more enjoyment. Speculation can be fun and I advocate it, but I really feel like e as a fanbase have let this go out of hand, especially since Nintendo evidently never gave a damn about it until Skyward Sword.

10. I have no problems with QTEs in video games as long as it only focuses on the press of a single button or is the general focus of a game a la Heavy Rain. When its evidently shoehorned into cheap death situations with multiple sudden and complex button presses such as in Sonic Unleashed, that's when I might risk suffering an aneurysm from this feature.

11. Wind Waker's my favorite Zelda title.

12. I don't like Super Mario 64 all that much. At all, actually.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:22 am

Count Mario wrote:
11. Wind Waker's my favorite Zelda title.

1. I like Fuse

2. I don't like PBG

3. My body wasn't ready for a video game once

4. The third confession isn't a real confession and neither is this one

5. The first game I beat was Tony Hawk's Undergound

6. I used to suck at video games

7. Socom was one reason I had a group of real friends to play with (PC gaming is the second)

8. Socom is the one of reasons I had a group of real friends (PC gaming is the second)

9. I've been looking up news about Socom every week since Zipper Interactive went under

10. I beat my Asian friend leveling to level cap in World of Warcraft
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:56 am

1. I love Elsword. I waste most of my time and money in it.

2. My Vita Collection is bigger than my 3DS collection.

3. I really liked Sonic Unleashed.

4. I did not finish GTAV's storyline nor do I plan to finish it.

5. I always look under Peach's Skirt in Smash Bros.

6. Wind Waker is also my favorite despite only playing the beginning and a few other Zelda games for only a portion.

7. I'm alright with XIII. Not really a hater but, I do like it for what it is. Except XIII. XIII-2 is pretty cool. IX will still by my all time fav.

8. Speaking of FF, I wasn't really all that into VII. But I do love me some Tifa though.

9. I also once went on Gaia Online. Still do but not all that much anymore.

10. I despise Fat Princess' inclusion in All-Stars.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:03 am

Damnit, Blade, you broke the video overreaction comment tradition. pissed But I agree with 10. And five.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:09 pm

1. i thought the last of us was extremely boring and gave me way too much ammo

2. i abhorrently despise EA and origin (hahaha bet you knew that already huh)

3. i have played Civ V for an entire day once

4. i enjoy the sims franchise despite my hatrid for EA (ill probably buy sims 4 then crack it XD)

5. i hate using microphones in games (dont exactly know why i just dont though)

6. i enjoyed the gameplay of all stars but hated alot of the roster (zues and issac broke me)

7. i only own 2 games for my vita and i barely ever play it

8. i have an enourmous N64 collection of games that i still play every once and a while

9. i have 5 high end pcs at various places in my house simply for when i decide to have a lan party (no i didnt buy them all myself)

10. i dont give one shit about trophys/achievements
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:10 pm

1. I enjoy making friends online (forums/games), however despite how strong a bond may be I will over time find myself drift away with nothing but the memories left.

2. I collect games more than I play them, and I always thought that wouldn't happen, that I would enjoy what I purchase.

3. PSABR had so much potential, and to this day I frown at what it became. The lack of any jrpg character is what made me lose faith.

4. Sometimes I wish I was born in Japan to play the games they have.

5. Cod4 is and will always be the only good Cod that is online (Black Ops has its moments.)

6. Games like Minecraft make me wonder why I am wasting my time.

7. League is repetitive and stupid, but has become so popular I wonder if I am out of touch with what is "cool."

8. FFX marked the flame of gaming in my heart, FF13 put that out in relation to the series. That's why I wait, and wait, and wait, for FF15, in hopes of feeling that passion for the series again.

9. I think the J&D series are phenomenal, and that's not nostalgia speaking.

10. Lists cannot sum the amount that I hold dear within my secret little heart.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:47 pm

Oh, and I have another one.I usually die or get stuck more times than I'd like to admit in games/levels that I say are easy.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:27 am

I got much farther into FFXIII than I'd like to admit.

I know nothing about FFX besides a few end details and Blitzball.

inFamous is one of the best series I never feel like playing. When I play it I love it but it takes effort to get started.

I can't stand LittleBigPlanet. It feels way too clunky for my tastes.

Despite having a deep seated hatred for the abortion that is Jak II, I for some reason an odd appreciation for it. Then I play it again and I realize how garbage it is, and go back to respecting Jak 3.

3D World might just beat Mario 64 as my favorite Super Mario title. Given, I've only played those two (I'll get to Galaxy once I get a WiiMote), but 3DW besting nostalgia says a lot.

I really don't like Sonic 1. Fuck Marble Hill Zone (on mobile)

Also, Count, I'd argue your number 8, purely on brand recognition. The Super Mario Bros. franchise at this point denotes 2D games, and announcing a Super Mario game with the word "Bros." would lead to confusion. The last thing the Wii U (so, is it like an add-on? Or is it a console?) needs is more brand confusion. Plus, was Luigi actually playable in any main Super Mario game besides 3D World and 64 DS? I don't recall if he was in Galaxy 2 and I'm pretty sure he wasn't in Galaxy 1. It'd be better if they just kept the brands separate lest we have another Nintendo naming clusterfuck lol.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:36 am

DP wrote:I got much farther into FFXIII than I'd like to admit.

I know nothing about FFX besides a few end details and Blitzball.

inFamous is one of the best series I never feel like playing. When I play it I love it but it takes effort to get started.

I can't stand LittleBigPlanet. It feels way too clunky for my tastes.

Despite having a deep seated hatred for the abortion that is Jak II, I for some reason an odd appreciation for it. Then I play it again and I realize how garbage it is, and go back to respecting Jak 3.

3D World might just beat Mario 64 as my favorite Super Mario title. Given, I've only played those two (I'll get to Galaxy once I get a WiiMote), but 3DW besting nostalgia says a lot.

I really don't like Sonic 1. Fuck Marble Hill Zone (on mobile)

Also, Count, I'd argue your number 8, purely on brand recognition. The Super Mario Bros. franchise at this point denotes 2D games, and announcing a Super Mario game with the word "Bros." would lead to confusion. The last thing the Wii U (so, is it like an add-on? Or is it a console?) needs is more brand confusion. Plus, was Luigi actually playable in any main Super Mario game besides 3D World and 64 DS? I don't recall if he was in Galaxy 2 and I'm pretty sure he wasn't in Galaxy 1. It'd be better if they just kept the brands separate lest we have another Nintendo naming clusterfuck lol.

I... Hate... Marble Hill Zone...
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:36 am

Actually, he was in Galaxy. He was appeared as part of the main cast and was playable after you beat the main story (which is sort of BS if you ask me, to have to be willing to play through the entire game again just to enjoy Luigi) and during SMG2, he's playable during certain intervals and eventually becomes playable at anytime (I think by beating the story, again). Now, I'm willing to accept the Galaxy games still being called Mario due to the focus on the protagonist and such, but it's obvious that Luigi has become a thriving character in the series as of late. The only literal reason why he hasn't had a bigger role is because Nintendo has this perverse perspective on keeping him as being unlockable (in fact, it's BS like that in Nintendo's past that was the main reason why I doubted Rosalina would be playable in 3D World when the rumors started) when he should obviously be playable from the beginning a la the 2D titles and 3D World. If Nintendo actually screws their heads back on and follows with the development we've gotten with our last title, then yes, I would like "Bros" back in the title again and just end this little charade of keeping Luigi under the wraps.

And I'd be willing to argue that the 2D series would still be distinguishable by the "New" in the title, assuming that there's still more potential to be milked from that sub-series. Also, if we're playing the branding misconception blame game here, I'd argue that 3D World could give a misunderstanding about its major multiplayer focus after so many solo-focused 3D Mario games with just Mario being playable (and often Luigi at a certain playable point).
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:57 am

But that is also assuming we won't get an old SMB game at some point (we all know Nintendo is saving a sprite-based SMB4 for when they want a quick trillion dollars). At this point though, I almost expect the 3D subseries to stay as its own thing as well. The issue is still one of semantics though; really, you should blame Super Mario World as that was the first one to assume players understood that "Super Mario" could involve Luigi and avoided some horrible name like "Super Mario Bros World." Since almost every fan understands that Mario is symbolic of both brothers when used in a title, I see no reason why Super Mario Bros. Galaxy 3 would be called that, for example. Where do we draw the line on degrading name quality in the superfranchise? Do we go to Mario Bros. Kart, Mario Bros. Party, etc.? Why not rename it to Luigi Bros. Mansion? I can't think of a practical name for any future Mario game involving Bros BESIDES where it currently resides.

But now we're getting off-topic lol. We can continue that discussion in a new thread or PM, whichever you wish.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:24 am

1. i think that platinum games are an over rated developer and the only good game they have ever made is wonderful 101

2. i like spirit tracks

3. i don't like 2D mario at all

4. 3D world is my least favorite 3D mario due to the fact it's tied up in 2D mario game design

5. the year of luigi sucked and why is it still going

6. i rented WAY to many movie tie in games as a kid and beat most of them

thats all i can think of right now
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:47 am

At this point it's not even a "Year of," anymore. We've witnessed the beginning of the Luigi Dynasty lol
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:07 am

Count Mario wrote:Damnit, Blade, you broke the video overreaction comment tradition. pissed But I agree with 10. And five.
Oh, I didn't really reacted dramatically to any of Anacaonda's Confessions. Maybe liking Fuse or not liking PBG but I couldn't fine any appropriate vids. But gifs? Yes.

BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top