Ape Escape

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ape Escape

Post by BladedgeX on Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:51 pm

Has anyone else enjoyed this little franchise as much as I have? It's one the games that I truly love and enjoy throughout the main installments despite it's silly story and silly voice acting. I just wish I can get more from this franchise other than Pumped and Prime and the PSP remake. Port Million Monkeys you goddamn wankers.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ape Escape

Post by DP on Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:31 pm

We played AE2 for DIDO. It was unique, and interesting, but it also lost my interest quickly, which is a rarity in games for me.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:22 am

Ape Escape 2 was mostly the less interesting of the three since the level design and soundtrack wasn't as good as 1 and 3's. Personally, I really love it for it's solid controls (Monkey Net is more precise) and the monkey's names and personality traits were better than 3's and even added more gadgets. And the massive amounts of unlockables was pretty cool and that soccer mini game was my favorite out of the whole series next to Mesal Gear Solid and Monkey Boxing. I guess I learned to love that installment since I lost my first copy of the game.

I mean, don't get me wrong, 3 was better in terms of presentation but, it sort of stripped down what made 2 enjoyable and added unneeded gimmicks. And with those gimmicks, it was easy as balls. I even found a sure way to catch monkeys without any type of effort in 3. And the auto-lock on net in the air, while looks cool, makes it too easy to catch monkey's in midair which makes my method possible. At least the vehicles were a bit better in this game than 2. That slow ass Pipotron in 2... Lol.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:45 am

I kinda wanna give the series another shot but I have to pick up PS1 games to do that, and I really don't wanna start another console collection yet lol, not while I'm finally starting to save up some money for college. I mean, I WANT to start collecting PS1, DC, Saturn, Genesis, etc., games, but I'd rather focus on finishing my PS3 one and get substantially further into my Wii/U one too. (If I said U alone, I'd already be half done with just 3DW and Sonic.)

Edit: and my N64 one. I still need to pick up a bunch of exclusives for that, like Smash, Yoshi Story, Paper Mario, and a few others.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:25 pm

That's quite understandable.

Btw, just checked your channel and I only see the first AE videos. Lol

When you say AE2 you meant the PS2 sequel right? RIGHT?
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:38 pm

No, I meant the second PS1 one lol. We only did two videos of it during Mark's first session before never touching it agai.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:55 pm

So basically the first Ape Escape. Yeah, I noticed a lack of the stun club then monkey net combo. Makes catching monkeys much easier. Well, most anyways.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top