8th Generation General Discussion

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by BigBox on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:23 pm

I'm not even gonna go into this, and I ignored the $18 climb, because the the 1.2 billion drop nullified it in less than 24 hours.  It would be in Nintendo's best interest to replace the system and move development of their big hitting titles to new hardware and make it all launch games.


Edit: It would be in your best interest to wait for, Octave.  You know.  Someone that I can actually talk to.
avatar
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Posts : 2983
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : Irvine, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:33 pm

yes it nullified it, mean there has been absolutely no change for Nintendo in stocks since before Christmas. their stock went up, now its down to where it was on average before. no loss. they only took a hit in sales predictions, and god knows what the sales will actually be with MK and Smash out this year, 

and who do you think Slayer will side with. You or DP. he's only making a game with one of you and its not you. and i've been a good friend of his since he was the "heel" of officials before this place existed.
avatar
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh
Posts : 7891
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 20
Location : Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by BigBox on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:37 pm

The drop nullified the climb, not each other.

Quite honestly, doesn't matter who he sides with. He's the only person that doesn't attack me because I posted an opinion.
avatar
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Posts : 2983
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : Irvine, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:44 pm

They were pretty much the same as Nintendo is now sitting on its average. i think it nullified a succession of drops just including the big christmas hike and the steady rises from the booming 3DS sales, Pokemon, Zelda, and Mario. 

we attack you because your opinions are often biased in the extremes or extremely short sighted or even downright wrong, and often you parade them around as facts or the best course of action (this is how people interpret them, i don't care if you mean it or not). Your entitled to your opinion that the world was flat, doesn't make it so and people will ridicule you for believing it. that is life (Actually that was an analogy but whatever)
avatar
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh
Posts : 7891
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 20
Location : Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by BigBox on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:49 pm

Mario 3D World barely sold two million units, which is still successful. However, if that was suppose to be a console seller that gets the Wii U moving. I got bad news for you, because the number of sold units don't even exceed the number sold Wii U's. Simply meaning, that this 'console seller' had no effect on the Wii U's sales and that could be bad new for future 'console sellers.'

No, this world is round and spins and it'll keep moving with, or without Nintendo and I have been right on a good number of occasions.
avatar
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Posts : 2983
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : Irvine, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by 0CTAVE on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:53 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:It's too early to call any console a flop.
Simple as that.
It goes for the Wii U, PS4 and Xbox ONE.

I've heard different parties consider each of these consoles "flops". Just like beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so is failure and when it's this early into a new generation you just have to wait it out.
lpool1996moh wrote:and who do you think Slayer will side with. You or DP. he's only making a game with one of you and its not you. and i've been a good friend of his since he was the "heel" of officials before this place existed.

I don't pick sides here man, just cause I'm making a game with DP and have known you for awhile doesn't mean I'll always agree with what you two are saying, that goes for everyone on the board. If someone's wrong or I believe they're wrong I'll respectfully call it out. I try to remain as unbiased as possible which brings me to this.

Anaconda_Vice wrote:Quite honestly, doesn't matter who he sides with.  He's the only person that doesn't attack me because I posted an opinion.

This is true to an extent, Anaconda does get attacked but he doesn't help himself either. I understand the reasons why he gets attacked but we're all mature enough to ignore said comments right? I'm not trying to use myself as an example, I actually hate doing that but I don't always agree with what he says. Actually 98% of the time I don't and we all don't, however I believe I've handled the situation pretty ok and another user who I've seen handles the situation well is Count Mario . I enjoy Anaconda's presence here and I do get a little sad when he closes his mind however I don't come in already expecting a negative post, I look forward to what he has to say, to what you all have to say. I've already talked to Anaconda about his opinions and discussions around the board remember lpool? You congratulated me and everything.

The point I'm trying to make here is I don't take sides, I'm neither on your side, DP's side or Anaconda's side but I agree on certain points between the 3 of you and I've mentioned that before. 

With all that said, I'm a little bothered at the fact that you would think I'd take sides with anyone. I believe I've been nothing but fair here for everyone.


I'm not trying to offend anyone here.
avatar
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228
Posts : 3725
Join date : 2012-08-26
Age : 24
Location : Hialeah,Florida

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by DP on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:56 pm

I've told you before to word things better, because that would solve almost every issue here. Your absolute Sony fanboyism has gotten so extreme at this point that me, a diehard Sony fan, flocked from my stance as "the Wii U is in deep trouble" to defending it. Your arguing against Nintendo has REVIVED my respect for them, that's how extreme this has gotten over the past months. And everybody here knows you're now behind this fake leak because you want Nintendo to bomb like Sega did so you can sit proudly knowing that because Sony does well comparably to a hypothetical failure, you somehow succeeded in life.

There's a little something called restraint, something that has held me back from using the word "fanboy" on this forum. But when you're going to the extremes of ignoring any other rationale besides your own, pointing out a piece of data that I informed you of in another argument without even caring to rationalize the whole picture, and flat-out avoiding any counter that you know you can't beat, that is what you are at this point, and until you can calm your hostile anti-Nintendo attitude on a Nintendo crossover forum, that is what you'll remain.

And it doesn't matter who Slayer agrees with; I don't care who that may be, because he's entitled to an opinion. Everyone is. It's how you express it that defines the discussion.
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:59 pm

2 Million is good be exclusive standards especially this early in the generation. as you said it wasn't a console seller, but its reviews did help the stock alot. 

...i think that paragraph was lost on you. not to mention that no. no you haven't. i'm not getting into this right now but i can;t recall you being right pretty much ever. when you have its when there are multiple people agreeing with you on something that is pretty obvious.

and i know Slayer, it was a more "If he was pigeon holed into a side" kinda thing. if i was wrong i'd want to be called out. and yeah i remember your still the best at this, your admin for a reason. You and Count are the best situation diffusers around (If people listened to Count more) and probably the best posters overall in terms of quality.

and DP (rightfully) flipped his shit. so i'm gonna watch this unfold. i predict a locked thread within the week.
avatar
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh
Posts : 7891
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 20
Location : Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by BigBox on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:01 pm

To be fair, the Wii U being in trouble has been popular opinion for a while. It's nothing we haven't heard before. I'm also gonna throw something else out, but should DP and Count lose level with me? Basically, I'm saying they should be on level 1 with me because all three of us have had our share of ruining the forum a bit.
avatar
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Posts : 2983
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : Irvine, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by DP on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:07 pm

You're actually a few days out of getting bumped up to 2.

Per forum rules, you aren't punished for posting strong opinions or arguing. This is all fair game here, bar the last few comments for getting off topic. You were administrated because you continued to press an issue after I said several times to cut it out. I've yet to request a ceasefire here. Lpool could be thrown, and I've threatened him with this in the same conversations I have to you. But he stopped when asked. Had you done the same we'd never have had you below a 2.
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by BigBox on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:11 pm

My point is that a newcomers could be afraid to post an opinion because they're afraid that attack dogs will come barking.  That counts as negative posting on the forum if you ask me.
avatar
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Posts : 2983
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : Irvine, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by 0CTAVE on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:18 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:and DP (rightfully) flipped his shit. so i'm gonna watch this unfold. i predict a locked thread within the week.
Locked thread over a small disagreement that's just big because there's history. Not on my watch. I'll simply remove the unnecessary post and unlock the thread if that happens.

Anaconda_Vice wrote:To be fair, the Wii U being in trouble has been popular opinion for a while.  It's nothing we haven't heard before.  I'm also gonna throw something else out, but should DP and Count lose level with me?  Basically, I'm saying they should be on level 1 with me because all three of us have had our share of ruining the forum a bit.

Honestly it's something I've considered but seeing as how another admin is involved I believe he should make the decision. I'm playing devil's advocate right now, here's your Karma choice DP. 

You've actually got a couple options too DP however, Anaconda your bars were lost with reason and even I had to get your attention. You have complete freedom to roam the board as you please but the All-Stars post are honestly unacceptable because it was trolling. The post might have been your opinion but did not contribute to the topic at all and the claims had no backing. 

Also as much as you might feel that I'm the only one you can talk to, you know that's not true.
There's a couple members who I've seen stand up for you, one of them being 333. I read everything on these boards and yes sometimes I don't act on it because I want to see what the others will do and say. I step in when it's necessary and honestly I wouldn't want to see you get banned over something so small that you can honestly fix. There's nothing wrong with you stating your opinions but again how you present them is your problem. I've always presented my opinions in an open and respectful way as well as other members such as Marko, BladedgeX, Count Mario and a couple others.

Hell I didn't ban Axel after what he pulled. I know you can work on that man and if I'm proven wrong then oh well I was wrong and you're gone. I'd like to prove everyone else wrong though (no offense) because you enjoy being here, if not you wouldn't even come back and post as often as you do! =)


Edit: DP made the "Hero" Karmic choice and for the right reasons too lmao! xD


Edit 2: We've got multiple people in The Authority for that. We don't all bark and sometimes we'll defend and bark back!
avatar
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228
Posts : 3725
Join date : 2012-08-26
Age : 24
Location : Hialeah,Florida

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by BigBox on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:25 pm

Personally, I think my initial posts are respectful as can be, but I'm not gonna reply to the attacking dogs anymore, I'm gonna take the high route and post this image in return instead.



I choose this image because it looks dignified.
avatar
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Posts : 2983
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : Irvine, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by DP on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:27 pm

Newcomers had no issue posting when the Noc issue was at its absolute worst. I neglect to see how it would be one now, especially since we're not exactly getting an influx of new users now lol. The issue is derived purely from your tone and insistence on posting your opinion in almost every thread, even if that opinion doesn't forward the discussion remotely. It's almost exclusively something I have to take note of and act on when talking about PSAS or Nintendo (the two focuses of this forum, oddly enough), and not even all of Nintendo. As I've said, it's not what you say, it's how you say it.

I will happily restore you to full level 3 right now if I get your word that you will make an active effort to use the forum as a place for open discussion as opposed to closed-minded debating. I'm not even asking for full promise of change right now, just that you'll try. Because believe it or not, I like you. You just bring forth too many closed opinions on certain subjects, which is counter to the point of a forum.
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by BigBox on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:33 pm

I would say that you aren't getting members, because they don't even want to sign up and if my post doesn't move the conversation forward. Ignore it, it's not hard anyone can do it, however just because it doesn't push your discussion forward doesn't mean it's a waste of space. Multiple discussions can easily be made within the same thread.
avatar
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Posts : 2983
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : Irvine, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by 0CTAVE on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:37 pm

Anaconda_Vice wrote:I would say that you aren't getting members, because they don't even want to sign up and if my post doesn't move the conversation forward.  Ignore it, it's not hard anyone can do it, however just because it doesn't push your discussion forward doesn't mean it's a waste of space.  Multiple discussions can easily be made within the same thread.

This is true and is actually one of the rules.

- Don't like a topic or user,ignore it or him/her!

It's honestly not that hard and there's a feature on the forum that allows you to hide certain/specific members post. The Friends or Foes feature under the "Profile" tab.

However I'll take part of the blame for never finishing that tutorial.
avatar
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228
Posts : 3725
Join date : 2012-08-26
Age : 24
Location : Hialeah,Florida

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by DP on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:41 pm

Alright, I gave you your shot. You don't wanna have a good relationship with the forumgoers, it's on you. The problem wasn't that it's tough to ignore you, it's that you force the issue into the discussion whether people ignore you or not (which, coincidentally, is against the rules, though I don't have the exact quote on hand like Slayer did lol). I've seen users like dragon ignore your posts entirely and respond to whoever else had commented, only for you to quote them and restate the exact same opinion you'd already stated.
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:45 pm

I'm all for restoring him to 3...after he proves he knows what respect and debates are. If we restore him because he'll try... I can't get behind that. I wanna see him at level 3 again but he has to earn it and honestly his posting has been downright worse since the drop. case in point the above. Classic Noc Anaconda, selectively responding to parts of posts, completely missing the point and just...bad posting. If you don't like someone disagreeing with you, the internet is not for you. I like disagreements, I don't like disagreements stemming from ignorance which a lot of the time is my issue with your posts. They are ignorant of facts a lot of the time, selective in it's sourcing. and when I do ignore you, which for the past while I have, someone else gets the brunt (hi Dp and Dragon) Then again your the Dp admin, you know best, I honestly have no say.
avatar
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh
Posts : 7891
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 20
Location : Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by BigBox on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:52 pm

lpool1996moh wrote: Then again your the Dp admin, you know best
I know that you just said that I selectively post and that you don't like it, but in this case I'm gonna do it because this is a big one.  Just because he's the admin doesn't mean he's always right.
avatar
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Posts : 2983
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : Irvine, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by DP on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:02 pm

I never said I was. I admit when I'm wrong. I was completely wrong about the Vita picking up, about the Xbox One being royally screwed, about PSAS's roster post-leak, about my hype for Sonic: Lost World, about the Wii U being mediocre, about the Wii U picking up this year, about Mario 3DW being mediocre, and I could go on for days. I was wrong several times about my Axis projected reveal dates, and that failure bugs me to this day. But I've also been spot fucking on too (see my prediction on XY; while some parts are opinion, I called the map size and roster twelve times over).

But I'm part of the staff because of the dedication I have to this forum's well being, and the increasing amount of trust Slayer has provided me over this past year and change since it started. I don't act irrationally, and I would never betray the trust that Slayer holds in my status on a day to day basis. I fucking love this job. So you're right in saying I'm not always right; I've welcomed you to privately appeal your throwings.
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:16 pm

Anaconda_Vice wrote:
lpool1996moh wrote: Then again your the Dp admin, you know best
I know that you just said that I selectively post and that you don't like it, but in this case I'm gonna do it because this is a big one.  Just because he's the admin doesn't mean he's always right.
You know context is a great thing, you should read a book on it.

What I meant ( and the content of the post made that clear) is that when it comes to the forums well being, DP knows best, (Slayer too). He is not right about everything,I call him out on that enough and viceversa but he is always right about the forums well being. To put it in context, if I was mod you woulda served a 1 week ban for the stunt that Got you to level1, then stayed at lvk 1, like Noc. Maybe I'm just harsh but when it comes to moderation, our opinions mean jack shit, as they should.
avatar
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh
Posts : 7891
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 20
Location : Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by BladedgeX on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:19 pm

This is actually the most activity I've seen in this forum all day.
avatar
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails
Posts : 1444
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 22
Location : NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by BigBox on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:28 pm

It's the most activity I've seen ever.
avatar
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Posts : 2983
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : Irvine, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by dragonfire111 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:49 am

ive just chosen a new tactic if theres no evidence then there is no point in arguing/debating
geez im reminded of when i debated against creationists in my debate class XD
everyone just stare at my sig and calm down
avatar
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111
Posts : 3443
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 24
Location : Everywhere yet Nowhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by DP on Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:02 pm

Sony's teasing a Vita TV European launch: http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/24/sony-slimmest-playstation-invite-london/

It's good to know that despite the device totally bombing in Japan, Sony is still gonna give the West a shot with this thing. I honestly didn't think they were gonna acknowledge it again after it failed to move 100K units.
avatar
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum