8th Generation General Discussion

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 8th Generation General Discussion

Post by DP on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:34 pm

Shouldn't any trade-up program be price-fixing then, by that logic? The deal only goes to loyal Xbox consumers on one end and loyal Xbox customers/dissatisfied PS3 owners on the other. If they were both continually dropping prices for everybody bit by bit to simulate competition, you might have a case here.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:08 pm

I understand where you're coming from, but it's not Microsoft saying that they're gonna price drop it all around.  It's Microsoft and Best Buy exclusively dropping the prices at their respective offline/online distribution centers.  As far as I know, that's what it is.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:04 pm

The general price is down everywhere for the holiday. Microsoft lowered the threshold to $350 at least until January. It's only an extra hundred off for the deal, which Best Buy seems to be mimicking in an unrelated manner to get rid of backstock. 

Remember that gaming economics are nothing like regular economics. The deals console makers have with retailers are different per retailer and come with mandatory settings on price most of the time. It's way over my head honestly, mostly due to lack of research.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:06 pm

So Amiibos are not region locked. That sounds obvious, but considering that region-locking is the one antiquated feature they have left, that's both a surprise and a good sign. It also lines up with Iwata saying they were heavily considering changing their stance on region lock.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:04 pm

Super Smash for the Wii U only sells 481,756 units in North America and Rest of the World.  I'm not sure what their profit margins were from this, but I'm sure they were hoping for better numbers on this.  On the other hand, Pokemon sells amazingly at 2.5 million units in NA, JP and the Rest of the World.  So, not everything is a gloomy loss for Nintendo.  However, splitting those release windows further apart probably would have been better for Smash.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:58 am

Smash ONLY released in North America. Those numbers alone comprise half of the total MK8 US sales (physical + digital) to date in just physical copies, and also outdid MK8's first day by a long shot if we go by the Vgchartz numbers you used (which we shouldn't, since this year they've gotten absolutely nothing right at all and are off by miles consistently).

It also outsold either of the Pokemon games in the US (not both combined obviously). Considering there's a huge undershipment in Europe because of demand leading up to yesterday's launch, the existence of Black Friday in Europe all of a sudden (nothing last year, everything this year), and the fact that Amiibos are already flying off the shelves for no good reason, I doubt Nintendo is worried about how well it's selling lol. But nice downplay.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:44 am

"Rest of the World" doesn't include EU and JP, the game was launched in more than the U.S and sold 0.03m in the category labeled "Rest of the World."  And, of course I'm using VGChartz, it'st he most accurate place I know of.  Other then that, you seem like you just got mad over nothing and I'm not downplaying anything.  Numbers don't lie.  One last thing to note, Smash on the 3DS outsold Pokemon, Smash on the Wii U only sold about as half as much what Pokemon sold.  I'll leave it there, there's no need for further explanation and I'm definitely not the one getting mad for no reason.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71411/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/81906/pokemon-omega-rubypokemon-alpha-sapphire/
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:31 am

I live in the eu, smash u only came out here 2 days ago and is sold out. So is ORAS

Vgchartz have been awful this year and with the increase in digital, wouldn't reflect the full story anyway
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:17 am

Using VGC because it's the most accurate place you can find is equivalent to using Fox News for your daily political info; just because you can't find better doesn't mean you should use garbage. Let's recall that they had to just "add" three million PS4 sales after Sony announced 10 million sell through. By placing three million extra PS4s in rest of world. Making for a 45% software attach rate there compared to everywhere else's 30%. And it took them two months to do that.

I won't touch the Smash 3DS vs Smash U vs Pokemon comment since the install base is equal for one comparison and about 5 times smaller in the other. Again, selectively pulling numbers (ones that are almost definitely wrong, at that) doesn't do any good here. The only thing to do is wait for official numbers for an actual global first week launch, which depending on Japan should end up matching MK8 at the very least.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:36 pm

I know people haven't posted on here so long now, and this place is dead but for anyone that still checks it.  What was that about The Devil's Third being one of the best games of 2015?  I was being generous and said it might get a 7 at best, but it seems like this game is lucky to be getting a 5 at best.  It should be renamed to, Devil's Pay-To-Win. :)

I know I'm a bit of a dick, but don't argue with someone that's been consistently right about gaming time in and time out for the sake of it.  You'll lose. Cat face
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:12 pm

BigBox wrote:I know people haven't posted on here so long now, and this place is dead but for anyone that still checks it.  What was that about The Devil's Third being one of the best games of 2015?  I was being generous and said it might get a 7 at best, but it seems like this game is lucky to be getting a 5 at best.  It should be renamed to, Devil's Pay-To-Win. :)

I know I'm a bit of a dick, but don't argue with someone that's been consistently right about gaming time in and time out for the sake of it.  You'll lose. Cat face
i don't even know what that game is. People talked about that?
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:20 pm

I don't recall anybody actually caring about Devil's Third here. Maybe Dragon? That's about it though. If you did say bad things about it, and knowing your hatred of all things not Sony I'm sure you did, then congrats, you were right about a 5 year old Wii game.

As for you being consistently right, that's laughable. Let's not even dive into that can of worms.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:43 pm

So far everything I said has been right, I said that all of Nintendo's Wii U exclusives would only sell well to existing owners.  I was right there too, because not even Super Smash brought the Wii U's abysmal sales back from the dead.  And, right ow Nintendo is ditching out as fast as they can and porting Zelda to the NX.  The X-Box still hasn't shown any real competition for the PS4 yet, so yes.  Everything I've said so far has come true while you deal in, "maybe's" I deal in what I know is going to happen based on past history.  Sony is the standard of all gaming right now and have been the standard of quality since the PlayStation One.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:50 pm

Whatever you say, bud. Everybody else is gonna sit here in reality, where Splatoon outsold Bloodborne and has been a massive hit with non-owners, where Mario Kart single handedly bolstered weekly sales for nearly a year, and where people can legitimately like more than one console brand. Feel free to sit in your distorted world where games that don't have the Sony stamp of approval automatically don't sell well and can't possibly be good.

Now out of respect for you and the other browsers of the forum I'm gonna leave it at that. You can obviously say your piece in a response, so long as you don't try to take any pot shots based on the fact that I'm not gonna do you the favor of responding.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:52 am

DP wrote:Whatever you say, bud. Everybody else is gonna sit here in reality, where Splatoon outsold Bloodborne and has been a massive hit with non-owners, where Mario Kart single handedly bolstered weekly sales for nearly a year, and where people can legitimately like more than one console brand. Feel free to sit in your distorted world where games that don't have the Sony stamp of approval automatically don't sell well and can't possibly be good.

Now out of respect for you and the other browsers of the forum I'm gonna leave it at that. You can obviously say your piece in a response, so long as you don't try to take any pot shots based on the fact that I'm not gonna do you the favor of responding.

1. Bloodbourne outsold Splatoon

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/82937/bloodborne/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/82965/splatoon/

2.  Bloodborne has a 9.2 Metascore, Splatoon has a 8.1 metascore.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/bloodborne

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/splatoon

Now that air is cleared, not by much, but Bloodborne outsold Splatoon and is better than Splatoon.  As for actual console sells, I think to have an arugment for this... the one most important thing about this argument is that your console you decide to stand by can't be getting beat by over double the sells.  And, have more than 20% market share as to where the other has 51% market share.  What you mean to say is, "I'll sit here living in the internet where everyone loves Nintendo for some reason while BigBox sits in reality."  Because, at $20% market share, that's 80% of the market that Nintendo doesn't own.  And, to be considered better than your competitor I also think you need a better record than 1-3 since that competitor came into the scene.  And, when we consider that Microsoft hasn't won a single console generation (0-3) that means only one thing for the console market.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:01 pm

Vgc hasn't had chart updates for two months, nice try though. Nintendo confirmed 1.6 million sales already for Splatoon, on an install base less than half Bloodborne's, in half the time. 

I wasn't arguing anything about "better," but you were too far from Sony's teat for too long so I guess you had to get some milk  Better is entirely subjective, and that's not anything I'm arguing here. I don't have a PS4 yet and I personally don't care about the Souls games so I can't make a statement to that, and I know you've played neither for more than maybe half an hour so neither can you bud. Hell, I've not played Splatoon since the first weekend because I was too good at the multiplayer and because there wasn't enough to keep my attention for an extended amount of time. But I have the experience to say that, rather than rely on Metascore of all things.

Now, let's finish this off. I own 299 games. I am waiting for my 300th game to be a PlayStation one. I own more games on PS3 than I do Nintendo games period. PlayStation accounts for over half of my games owned. I own a fucking PSTV. Can you say you own a PSTV? No, because I'm literally the only person who cares enough about the Vita and its mostly pitiful lineup in America to buy one. I own a Move. Can you say that? Did you buy into every one of Sony's failures because you're a fan of the brand? You wanna talk reality, reality is I'm more of a PS fan than you are AND more of a Nintendo fan than you are, because I don't care WHAT I'm playing because fanboy allegiances don't matter to me, because I'm an adult. Now man up, suck it up, and stop trying to paint any sort of picture here about anybody besides yourself. Nobody cares that you like PlayStation and solely PlayStation, we really don't. This is a PlayStation All-Stars forum after all. It's when you try to shove your opinions down others' throats as if it's fact and downplay anything that's not the holy PlayStation that you cause problems. And if you cause them one more time you're out of here buddy, I've got no patience from people who don't learn their lesson
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:31 pm

One thing, nice links and statistics.  You've confirmed nothing other then that Sony doesn't shy away from failure like Nintendo, or Microsoft.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:22 am

You can easily Google the 1.6 million quote I referenced, and I can prove my 299 games quite easily if you want me to. I can look to my right and see all of them right here. Other than that, I don't need statistics to validate my statements because they're entirely focused on your tendencies to blindly back anything for PS and blindly bash anything against it. I know you like to pick your battles and focus on increasingly specific parts of an argument, but all it's gonna do is make your argument seem unfounded here.

If you have nothing else to say, and you can't say it in an objective manner, then this is the end of this side discussion. Period.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:48 am

You're right, I like to focus less on the opinionated and more on concrete statistics of which PlayStation has dominated and has a winning record of 3-1.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:17 am

It's almost as if your entire existence is validated by Sony winning an arbitrary sales war that literally only you care about. The PS2 being the best selling console of all time is a non-factor as to why it's my favorite console because I'm not a child. My enjoyment of the N64 and Wii U and my hatred of the GC also have nothing to do with sales, because again, I'm not a child. I won't like Uncharted 4 any more or less if it sells well or bombs, because, spoilers, that doesn't matter. If you want to be validated by sales, that's fine, but don't act like it matters remotely to anybody here besides you. The only time I play the sales card is to point out how stupid or incorrect your arguments are, such as the above with Splatoon outselling Bloodborne because in your eyes the Wii U must be 100% a failure because the hardware sales have been pretty paltry, and nothing about it can possibly be worthwhile because lord Sony says so. 

Like, seriously? You're in your mid-20s, stop being such a brat about something you're supposed to play for fun. I used to trash the Wii U's potential pre-launch because Nintendo royally fucked up in several ways during 2011-2012, and I defended the Vita assuming it'd perform well. You were here on the forum back when your name was Noc, so you should remember that. Then I gave it a shot at a friend's house and remembered that my opinion of a console's hardware doesn't mean software can't be fun. I bought a Wii U two months later for $200. Maybe you should do the same and try it, because you could really use some fun in your life if you can't shut your hole for five seconds about PlayStation's dominance. 

Now, for the last time, I'm going to strongly encourage you shut your mouth and move on. My patience for your fanboy tendencies and/or clear trolling is as thin as it's ever gonna be. Kudos on the trolling if it is that, because it's legitimately tough to tell if you're that stubborn or if you do this for laughs. 
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:29 pm

i never really cared about devils third if anything it was mild intrest mainly stirred up by box/ana/noc's baseless hatred of it when next to nothing was shown (trolling the troll if you will)
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:01 am

I really couldn't remember honestly lol. I knew literally zero about the game before like a month ago because I had so little interest in it. I actually got it mixed up with Project Treasure for a little while even. But I'd vaguely remembered somebody here talking about it. 

Either way it's garbage. Nothing changes that fact lol. Could literally be the single worst game Nintendo has ever published.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top