Crash Bandicoot Discussion

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion

Post by DP on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:59 am

The Order LOOKS brilliant, but every, and I mean EVERY, person that has touched the show floor demos has said it's pretty much all graphics. The developers themselves have been quoted as saying "we needed gameplay at SOME point." It's literally Ryse.

As for the rest of what you said, you can have opinions and express them without trying to provoke people. And I'd recommend that if you can't say them without trying to provoke people, you zip it. I'm not taking anything of the sort lightly anymore.

That reminds me, I never posted the official wording of the new rule. I'll have to do that when I get the Smash PACL set up.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:14 am

I don't know why people are saying that it doesn't have enough gameplay, so far I've seen nothing but gameplay.  And, more actual gameplay than any of the Zelda games on the N64.  Double standards of gameplay much?
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:22 am

From what you've seen? You've seen something more than everybody else somehow? Nobody has seen much gameplay, its just pretty

also comparing ~20 year old games to an up and coming one and still being dead wrong. Clap Clap.

i don't even need to prove my point. if you think you've seen more gameplay from an unreleased game compared to one of the most played  games from 20 or so years ago (Which is almost entirely gameplay) you have screws loose.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:06 pm

There's times in those N64 games where you're running for nothing, and you guys seem to do it just fine when talking about some of the best games ever made.  But, in anyway if The Order 1886 doesn't have gameplay, then I wonder what any of this is?  For a game that has no gameplay, there seems to be an awful lot of pre-release gameplay videos.

BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:45 pm

Heavy Rain and Ryse also have gameplay. I make this comparison because that's the exact comparison that's being made. Everybody but IGN is strongly questioning everything, because the "gameplay" is a few seconds of below-average shooting followed by a cutscene/content break. And IGN only hopped on board with the most recent demo which turned off everyone else. Sony isn't afraid to show all these demos because they know they've won and they know that sheep will flock to it. Look at Mario Kart Wii: shit game for the series, people still flocked because casuals. Same with Ryse too: Very average game held up entirely by grafiks and bought because grafiks. It's the exact same thing.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:42 am

That gameplay looked to me like cutscenes and some shooting, which is... well, I can't really say it's not gameplay, I guess. It looks like really generic gameplay, but it's gameplay alright.

It looks like as much gameplay as TLOU, but not quite as much as Bioshock Infinite. 

How you can say OoT has as little gameplay as that is beyond me, because excluding the intro's Deku Tree monologue and some cutscenes here and there, the entire game is gameplay. Action / adventure with swordfighting, traveling / exploring, and platforming, a fairly large amount of puzzle solving, some minor RPG elements, a good bit of fair memorization (as in, not pulled out of nowhere), and a variety of minigames you can do to earn extra things. 

The game is open world and interactable. It's an adventure that is admittedly not always guided solely by the player's choice, but it's definitely not as on-rails as The Order appears to be. You'd have been better off saying Skyward Sword if you wanted to bring up Zelda for any "lack of gameplay," but even then SS had tons of gameplay driven in a very linear and straightforward manner. Heck, the amount of gameplay is actually something that DP and I dislike about the game-- it tries too hard to keep adding more that what they do very well is overshadowed by an abundance of other shit you have to do.

As for PSAS, it was Sony's chance to seriously compete with Smash Bros. It was a solid game-- it had a large and diverse roster, great items, it looked good, there was tons of stuff to do, decent online, and it was both competitively viable as well as easily accessible.

It wasn't necessarily my cup of tea, but it was a good game nonetheless. Now, if Sony hadn't let Superbot's creation die by not funding them to make DLC or to advertise more, then maybe we could get a solid sequel with a more appealing roster and fixes to any problems we have with the game.

But instead we don't. They push forward, just like Microsoft does, with games that have a lot of flash but very little substance. People like you-- and don't get me wrong, I don't use to word "fanboy" lightly--fanboy all over it because it looks so pretty and whatnot, and then try to argue in favor of cinematic games with meh plots and even meh-er gameplay by citing games I'm fairly confident you've never actually played. 

Games have different degrees of gameplay. The Order has gameplay. It's not completely a movie. Neither is TLOU. But the gameplay in it is pretty widely done with little to no unique mechanics. For instance, there are tons of turn-based RPGs. But usually, to make good ones, there are things specific to that game to make its combat system different. Even FF13, one of the worst games I've ever played, had the Paradigm system, as opposed to say, Pokemon's back-and-forthness and whathaveyou. Earthbound is so weird I can't even touch its mechanics.

But The Order appears to have some shooting elements. It seems to play the same to most every game of its kind with maybe one or two interesting, but not wholely separating, additions.

For the record, I was actually really hyped about The Order when it was first announced. My hype instantly went away as soon as I saw gameplay.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:56 am

^all of the above
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh