VGX discussion

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: VGX discussion

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:43 pm

it underrated now. the only thing i hear about it anymore IS the reveal. otherwise nobody gives a damm (Although whats her face...Midna? shes kinda come into her own.)
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:56 pm

Lpool, if my definition of the Pokemon fanbase isn't accurate, explain Gen IV. That definition matches it completely with respect to DP, and BW1 more or less. SS, critically, was a success, but even early on there was a lot of shit talking. ST...well, I've heard decent thints at best from most. Now, yes, a decent amount of LBW's praise came from LttP fanatics, but I'd argue that the majority of Pokemon's praise came from people who saw pretty pretty 3D grafiks and came everywhere.

The fact that LBW isn't just getting mentioned in the same sentence as LttP, but that it's getting put ABOVE what is unanimously the best 2D Zelda, makes my case above all else. Either would've been fine as a winner but since Pokemon Z will be out in a year or two and will do EVERYTHING right as opposed to setting the field for the next game to (as all of the first two games of a Gen do), why rob the only 3DS exclusive Zelda game we'll ever see of a deserving victory?
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:59 pm

"Rooster Teeth, Smosh, and Pewdiepie are top channels on, YouTube. Gamers must love these channels on YouTube!" LMAO XD worst guest line-up on a VGA ever.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:03 pm

Actually, I'd say that a bunch of hyped was sparked from Megalutions, in which even though there was negative criticism, there was definitely a big phase of hype for just that one aesthetic. Just putting that out there.

And DP, you should know as well as anybody that reviewers and the like will never respect or fully appreciate third versions and sequels as much as the original incarnations, regardless of what improvements it'll make and technically being the superior version. Whatever chance X and Y had will seem like a godsend compared to what Z is expected to sadly live up to due to only being viewed as new special edition or obviously, a new version, but not as a whole new game of its own.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:18 pm

actually yes from the start, DP were just meh. very meh. pacing was the main issue and still is, those games are slow as balls. BW1 was well liked because its ya know, actually good. you didn't like it fine but alot of people did. same with actually the rest of Gen 4. the only 2 bad main series games are DP and BW2 and they were shit talked from the start by the vast majority. SS was dissed, but no more than any popular game. it was drowned out by the LALALA Can't hear you game is amazing (Says whilst mindlessly shaking wiimote) and only recently are people accepting its no good (and that UC3 was better , and UC3 wasn't great.) Most of the pokemons early praise came from being, well an antithesis to Gen 4. the game flows really well and theres always something to do and explore in the main game (which is why the massive area between Gym 1 and 2 flows as well as it does). After game is a problem but, it is also a problem in LBW if you wanna directly compare em (You shouldn't) 

i dunno what lists you have been reading but the highest praises i've seen are "Almost as good as LttP. Almost." its great sure but it has alot of problems, primarily the way it handles items which is a real love it/hate it thing. plus reused map is not cool and people recognize this. its hardly fair to say X/Y are only setting the stage for Z thus LBW is better when its just slapped a new story one LttP. so going forward
LBW is good. really good. as a retro experience, the likes of which you have played before, like the feeling you get playing Megaman 9/10 but better. X/Y actually made advances for its franchise, thus imo meets more GotY requirements. and your graphics argument against X/Y really can be applied to LBW easier. 

the two are great games but GotY? that deserves to go to something special and revolutionizing (Ish, X/Y isn't that revolutionary outside the metagame) that will be played for years, not a nostalgia circle jerk (A good one but thats what it is.) 

it seems like i'm bashing LBW but i'm not. admittedly they are the only candidates in the category, in a year of Tearaway, Killzone Mercenary and Fire Emblem Awakening and more which is impressive but one is clearly superior, at least for hitting these check boxes that GoTY should check.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:30 pm

they need to do more stuff with devs next time talking to telltale and tim was good, having smash and pewdiepie was bad mega64 was funny with that ouya joke but if geoff whats to make this a real thing lots of thing have to be done like the co host, bring bossman in or some one else from gametrailers joel wasn't in any way good.
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:36 pm

I don't know what people expected from, Pewdie. I mean we all know that the guy isn't funny. Even then, he should have never been a guest.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top