One Piece manga discussion

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: One Piece manga discussion

Post by Piratemankelly on Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:17 pm

I could see some cool functions using Haki. Focusing Observer in your eye to see farer distances (perfect for Usopp), maybe? I'm thinking of a lot for Arnament Haki, but most on't really make sense for what it is and what better fit martial arts like Rokushiki or Kumadori's / Lucci's Seimei Kaken (I think that's what it's called? I forget). Stuff like hardening blood vessels to stop bleeding or lungs to prevent damage from inhaling harmful substances like smoke or acidic mist, but... yeah.

I have kind of a wish that Zoro takes the lead in Wano Country, and instead of Luffy, Zoro takes on the big bad. You know, huge step for the best swordsman in the world to defeat the Shogun of Samurai Country, assuming he's the big bad.

I want Zoro to have trouble with Pica. I want Pica to pull out something and make it at least somewhat difficult, since excluding getting drunk in a sneak attack, nearly drowning after one-shotting the big bad, and another time fighting an Admiral, he hasn't had any difficulty. But he set up Pica as having a kind of ineffectual ability an asthma or something. He needs to use Haki on his stones to make Zoro have to dodge and block instead of just cutting everything.

I mean, Zoro will have trouble later. Mihawk, Shiryuu, the seconds from Kaidou's an Big Mom's crews, maybe a scuffle with Killer, I'm guessing Fujitora himself, Wano Country, and I want a rematch with Kuma to put him out of his misery (except, unlike when Ivankov fought him, he actually fights back)... I just don't want to have to wait until endgame to see it.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:09 am

I would love a One Piece arc where Luffy doesn't beat up the main bad. I mean, yeah, he's the protagonist and it's understandable why he gets all of the big villain fights, but just a slight diversion from that, even one time, would be greatly appreciated and such an immersive change of pace. I completely agree with you on not wanting to have to wait until the endgame to see Zoro get serious for once. 

And hopefully he won't open his left eye for some power-up or something, like some sort of Mihakigan. XD That'd just be stupid. I'd like it better if he was closing his eye as some sort of buffer for his abilities, like weighted clothing. That, or it's just he lost an eye, but yeah lol.

Also, just to bring this up, do you really expect to see the Straw Hats fighting the Red Hair Pirates for One Piece? Or even Zoro fighting Mihawk after all of the hype? It's just that, especially after Mihawk having so much screentime of being a rather cool guy that there's not really much emotion, no, investment in seeing a protagonist fighting someone he is friends with in a way that they are still on good terms. Which is mainly why I'm calling Shanks dying by Blackbeard or something, but yeah, I don't see the Straw Hats fighting them, as well as Luffy vs. Shanks or anything like that. Nor do I see him beating up all of the Yonko, only at least two or three.

Now, I would love to see Mihawk go full out and stuff, but at this point, is it even really that interesting to see Zoro fight against someone that legitimately trained him so that he could grow stronger to defeat him from a respect perspective? I mean, I'd love to see them fight and I'm sure Oda's writing can make it immersing, but Mihawk has sort of lost his intimidating factor at this point, or at least mostly. If, say, not that I'm saying this should happen, Shiryuu killed Mihawk and Zoro fights him to claim the title of World's Greatest Swordsman, wouldn't that be a bit more interesting in terms of his dream not coming out like he expected to the point of seeking redemption and fighting against someone who is being hyped up as someone who you really want Zoro to defeat in terms of morals and such. Rather than just basically being like that guy trying to beat up one of your friend's at a drunken frat party that's the toughest guy on the football team just to prove your strength despite being bros, which is stupid. It's still fun and entertaining, but it's still mainly pointless and not that "invest-worthy" outside of the moment. I mean, Shanks and Mihawk don't even care about or aim One Piece, or really even anything substantial rather than just looking cool for that matter, compared to how invested the Straw Hats are regarding their dreams, so it's not even the type of friendly rivalry/battle that really tests their true drive and dedication to what they believe and how much they're putting on the line. I don't know, I just felt like getting someone's thoughts on this.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:55 am

I've thought of that, but I just think it'd be a huge waste of potential. Mihawk has been the sole inspiration for Zoro the entire series. If that were to be brought to revenge on Shiryuu... it'd just be terrible, imo.

We might never see the Mihawk battle. It might happen as a cliffhanger during the series wrap up. Or, after becoming Pirate King and defeating Blackbeard, they could square up the navy at Marineford for War of the Best part 2.

Imagine it. All of the Strawhats' greatest allies. Crocodile, Mr. 1, Buggy, Mr. 3, Alvida, Jimbe, Ivankov and the Newkama, Inazuma, Mr. 2, Hancock and the Kuja, Law, Kinemon, Kanjuro, Rayleigh, Hatchan... basically anyone could potentially show up. For a huge battle as another War of the Best where Luffy can exact revenge for Ace. Zoro can also have his climactic battle with Mihawk, although, if it's vs. the marines, it'd probably be against the Admirals, unless Law or some other character were to fight Fuji. 

It works out well with Luffy v Akainu, Zoro v Fuji, and Sanji v Kizaru. Could also have Law or Jimbe v Green Bull, but... I don't know. There's just so many possibilities.

Oh, I also watched 3D2Y
3D2Y Opinions:

Also, slightly off topic, but I just watched the 3D2Y special. It was... eh. The animation reminded me a lot of Kill la Kill. Hancock was prominent and against Sebastian, looked a little weak, but probably just because she knew Luffy was going to protect her so she didn't even bother recovering or blocking herself. Then she beats the other henchmen.

That said, though, she was adorable the entire episode, and I mean that in the least waifu-loving weeaboo way possible. Normally she's just stuck up and gets "cute" around Luffy, but in this she's kind of always "cute." It's a little more endearing.

Personally, since Buggy and Mihawk were there, I would've liked them to be better. Buggy technically fought a little, but there was some missed opportunities with splitting into cubes against his enemy (who basically has Fairy Tails' Gildart's powers mixed with the dust compression the Tsuchikage has in Naruto) and maybe sneaking a Muggy Ball to his face, but Hancock ninja'd the fight so only Buggy and Mr. 3 saw it. Eh. Also, where was Alvida? They forget she's in that crew?

I was also hoping if not that, Mihawk would ninja that fight instead of Hancock. Like, Mihawk slashing through Buggy and one shotting the enemy or something, with Buggy tricking his followers by saying that teamwork was all part of his plan.

Mihawk was a little of a letdown. I mean, true to his style, he didn't care enough to do much. He just made sure Luffy didn't die from the explosion at the end by completely cockblocking the dying villain and cutting his island busting cannonball in half. Still pretty cool, but... eh.

Perona was pretty cool to see, too. Missed opportunity with Zoro, though. I think it would've been cool if Luffy and Zoro actually met up with Zoro coming with Mihawk as he's summoned like Perona did. But I suppose that would've kinda' defeated the point of the timeskip where they don't see eachother, so... that's okay.

Still, I wanna see an episode like this with Zoro as the focus. But we'll probably get flashbacks of Zoro and how he lost his eye later in the manga, which will also probably make the fight with Mihawk, if we see it, much better and more emotional. Also probably Kuina stuff.

Anyway, back offtopic, I kinda' dug the story premise with the brothers an the betrayal and all that. Cipher Pol's inclusion was cool. World's powers was pretty cool, too, but most of his fighting was Arnament Haki, including fullbody haki like Vergo. But at the end, the frail brother, who was worried about their friends and stuff, straight up suggested ditching them and leaving them to die. All of them died, from what I can tell. His followers had decent powers, too. It was nice to see another Wotan.

Which brings me to sizing. When they show Hancock's sisters, they look like giants on a faraway island. World and Sebastian, the Wotan, also have very inconsistent sizes.

The fights were a little more brutal, with people clearing dying. Akainu's not-really-fight (meteor volcano bombardment) had terrible accuracy, which you'd think he'd be more on the ball with considering an island buster was pointing at him. Then it doesn't even show his reaction to Mihawk cutting the ball, which, I have to say, was a little awkward. I mean, his running animation along the barrel of the cannon.

Which makes me think: why was he on the cannon? His ship was floating not too far off from the island kind of away from the marines. How'd he get to the island in that odd positioning? I guess he just jumped like a mile (which we've seen him do at Marineford, so nbd) and ran over to the cannon. His ship also got a bit bigger to carry Perona.

The design changes were subtle. Luffy's was most obvious, with the hoodie an whatnot. Mihawk looked a little older and his sideburns were better kept. Hancock wore a leather necklace or a choker or something. Perona looked the same, but I guess by this point she learned the power to levitate her own physical body, which she couldn't do in Thriller Bark but could by Shabaody. Also liked that she toyed around with Sebastian after Luffy took him out, and Hancock thought Luffy was "cheating" with her.

Rayleigh. Why didn't he accompany them? I guess he assumed Hancock could handle World, which she might have been able to but we never see. But then Rayleigh says Luffy will die if he goes. I guess he figured that his training is already dangerous so w/e, and if Luffy happens to win, he'd get stronger in the process. Which he did.

I also thought it was a little odd how casually the force sent was. Akainu didn't really say anything and didn't do anything beyond meteor volcano, which as I said wasn't really focused and didn't have any effort in. No Kizaru, no Fujitora, no VAs, no one. Just him. Only 3 Shichibukai came, too. Mihawk, because he was bored but stayed for Luffy, Buggy, who didn't know who they were dealing with but stayed to try to get credit from whoever beats him, and Hancock, who came for her sisters because World directly tried to use her to get to Marineford. Now, after Marineford, there was only, what, 5 Shichibukai? Doflamingo, Hancock, Mihawk, Kuma, and the newly recruited Buggy? Then, considering this took place after 18 months, Law was probably added too. Not sure if mystery 7 was added by this point. 

I guess 3/6 ain't bad, since that's half, but only two of them actually showed up to deal with the threat, and one of those two only did because he didn't know how strong he was. Mihawk probably came to kill boredom and try to get a good fight. Buggy wanted fame, Hancock to save sisters.

Kuma was busy protecting the Sunny. Doflamingo and Law were probably doing something or whatever, I don't know. Lucky number 7 was probably off killing Z's crew or something. Wow, those Shichibukai aren't really reliable.

I think it's kind of funny that Sengoku said Mihawk had a terrible track record, but has shown up every time the Shichibukai have been called, cannon or filler.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:53 am

Eh, I see what you mean and agree, but also disagree a bit, if that makes sense. Just because something has been built up so much and taken a curveball, but the solution is still there, doesn't make it a waste. He wants to be the world's greatest swordsman, it's not so much as that he is trying to take own Mihawk just because he's Mihawk. That might be why I'm not too bothered by the idea in my mind. It wouldn't be as much of revenge as much as surpassing Mihawk as not just being the world's greatest swordsman, but proving to be his own man and not have to rely on defeating one person to define him. Especially if that theory of Shiryuu getting the Diamond DF from Jozu with Blackbeard's help comes through due to possible subtle hinting in the Daz Bones fight, but that's a whole other situation in general. But eh, I'll agree to disagree. It can happen in that war Whitebeard talked about, like you said. Although, personally, I would prefer it if every SH's dream was either fulfilled or temporarily satisfied (cause of Nami and maybe Brook) so the final war focuses on just that, taking down the government. Taking that and putting in the Mihawk fight, as epic as it would be, would make it more anticlimactic than it would be if it had to compete with all of that stuff. If that even makes any sort of sense. XD Zoro can beat Mihawk before Raftel with Shiryuu. But meh, my pettiness and nitpicks are getting the best of me right now, I'll honestly be fine with any of these possibilities, it's just preference.

To be honest though… I'm sort of uninterested in the idea of Luffy beating Akainu. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them fight at least once after the timeskip. But I feel like is anyone should take down Akainu, it should be a Marine. Preferably Coby, Aokiji, or Smoker in order to reform the "justice" of the Marines. Luffy just beating him up is sort of like what you used against how I said Zoro should fight Shiryuu instead of Mihawk. Bland revenge. Luffy beating Akainu doesn't really add anything besides avenging Ace, and even then, I think that sort of defeats the point of how Ace died because he didn't run away from being called out instead of living with his friends and loved ones, not that I'm saying he was selfish. Just my perspective on things, I'm sure Oda will cook up something genius. For some reason though, I'm doubting the Shichibukai will still be active as a group by the end of the series purely because of one thing. Akainu as Fleet Admiral, and possibly even replacing Kong as Commander in Chief later on. The fact that Akainu is willing to work with pardoned pirates is absurd, even with all of the three power balance mumbo jumbo the Gorosei keep pushing out.

We DEFINITELY need Sanji vs Kizaru though. Really hoping Green Bull is a Zoan user (which is likely due to the name) due to the fact that each admiral covers a DF type compared to how the last generation covered elemental Logia contrasting. We're probably going to get at least Jinbe and one more new Straw Hat until he end of the series though, so who knows what'll happen with Green Bull, or even the seventh Shichibukai.

Also, you want to know who I want to come back? Gin. If we could get that Laboon reference, we can see Gin in the New World. I really don't care for Don Krieg as a character though (I'd love it if Kuro came back).
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:51 am

Green Bull is just a code name. The other Admirals also had animal themes. Akainu is Red Dog, Aokiji is Blue Pheasant, Kizaru is Yellow Monkey, and Fujitora is Wisteria (Purple) Tiger. I just said his in English because I don't remember it in Japanese.

I see what you mean about doing it just for revenge or whatever being a little bland, but Akainu killing Ace was the biggest gamechanger in the entire series. It's not simply avenging his brother, it'd be fulfilling a destiny of sorts. Marineford set him up as a ridiculously strong berserker on a warpath to killing Luffy. Luffy NEEDS to beat him.

When they declared war on the World Gov, that gave the definite that they were going to take down the marines and probably start from scratch. Now, I wouldn't mind if at the end of the series Smoker or Kuzan become the new Fleet / Pan Fleet Admirals (not Coby, though, because he's WAAAAAAAAY behind). But Kuzan is really the only one worth fighting Akainu again, and they might as well just have Luffy do it.

Aside from that, Akainu also killed like everyone at Ohara, so revenge for Robin, too. I could see a huge plot twist where they find Ohara floating in the New World, despite being from the West Blue, and Robin breaks down into tears after seeing a still frozen Saul on a barren wasteland. Then having some sort of Nami-at-Arlong-Park moment where Luffy comforts her and says he's gonna kick Akainu's ass. I mean, yeah, asspull speculation, and holes in it because Kuzan did it, but you get my point.

Mihawk isn't just Zoro's goal for his name. Really, the fight at Baratie and the 2 year training to further the connection would be completely wasted if Shiryuu, someone that really has no connection to Zoro or Mihawk other than being the BB parallel of them, killed Mihawk and caused Zoro to take revenge on him.

About Gin, I see A TON of people say they want him to return. I would be pretty happy with that, too, but it has to be done well. Which it would, because Oda. What capacity do you want to see him return, though? Bellamy is back because Doflamingo, which always had an established connection. Gin has Krieg, who is only big in the weakest of the four seas. He's too loyal to have broken off unless the crew randomly died or something, so I can't really see him being the last Shichibukai. Besides, as much as I like Gin, I can't see him ever having the ability to kill Z's entire squadron and cut his arm off single handedly.

I think his return is a bit of a One Piece pipedrea, like Kuro and Enel. Some characters like Magellan and the CP9 could still have a good reason for showing up again in the story, but these guys, as beloved as they are, really don't.

But now that I think about it, it'd be hilarious if Fujitora used his gravity to pull a meteor out of space and accidentally dragged Enel's ship instead.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:52 pm

I forgot that about the admiral code names lol. Still hoping for Zoan though. It's just too cool to possibly have admirals of each DF type and not do that.

Yeah, but at the same time, it doesn't really accomplish much besides, well, beating him. Maybe it's just me, but I like it more when situations with high emotion and pain in them aren't solved by just senseless punching and solved in an actual wise way. Like how Shanks didn't beat up those bandits in the bar for spitting sake in his face, or how Luffy did the same thing with Bellamy, or even how Jimbe compromises with Luffy against Hody in order to inspire the people of Fishman Island. I mean, yeah, we're going to see them fight and I'll love it, but just beating him doesn't really solve anything. It needs a bit more spice in that to truly produce an emotional effect then bland vengeance for a fallen comrade. Or at least beaten in a way that doesn't resort to generic combat. That's just me. You're right that Luffy probably has to fight him, but it needs more spice than just that, the Pirate King beating the Fleet Admiral. I feel like the way to really beat Akainu is a way that doesn't damage him as much physically, as much as his code and definition of Absolute Justice that redefines the Marines in the future (because we aren't going to see all forms of law enforcement disappear even if the WG is toppled and pirates suddenly get treated like heroes, that's just silly). The war needs to actually mean outside of just beating the bit out of the WG. You get me? Sorry, I should've elaborated on this earlier. And yeah, Coby is way behind, I just pulled his name out to sort of describe the type of people I was bringing up lol. I'll tell you who would be interesting to take on Akainu. Sabo. Or rather, Luffy and Sabo, with everything they represent and such. That would be epic, but we're probably going to get another solo Luffy fight like usual lol, not that it's a bad thing. 

Point is, regardless of what happens, just beating him up in battle with stakes as high as this is something I expect from DBZ, or dare I say it, Naruto writing. Not as much One Piece (no offense to you), as hypocritical as that sounds since Luffy ALWAYS does that, it's just how I feel with how much justice, morals, dreams, and corruption have been brought up as themes in this franchise. I mean, Luffy didn't JUST beat Enel because he was frying his crew, it was because of what the Golden Bell met and proving Sky Island's existence to Cricket and the monkeys, and although he didn't intend it, symbolically unified the Shandians and Skypieans to end the conflict of getting what "belongs" to them by finally learning to freaking share. When Luffy beat up Moria, that wasn't just beating him up because he was a douchebag, it was because Luffy beating him proved that relying on your allies and friends as just tools to advance your goals while you barely do anything is anything but the true and proper way to victory with Luffy being the exact opposite of that. Luffy beating Arlong was pretty much just that, but also proved how stronger genetics doesn't equal unrivaled ignorant superiority. I could go on and on. One Piece is more than just about beating up people, it's about dreams and beliefs clashing between individuals and defining the situations around them. Hell, Oda even mentioned the reasons why he doesn't write Luffy killing people is because their dreams and beliefs being crushed is even more severe than death. Luffy beating up Akainu avenges Ace and getting some unexpected redemption for Ohara if that could really count that much (although I bet that could fit in symbolically with the Absolute Justice being represented to the utmost extreme of excusing killing people and destroying entire islands for selfish purposes), but what does it really show in the grand scheme of things? Hell, I'd even argue that if it happens as bland as just a one on one fist fight, it proves Akainu's point about how corrupt pirates are and the general theme of the War of the Best being that expanding wars beyond the goals meant in the first place to just meaning a cycle of pure death and vengeance made through hate giving birth to hate is a no-no. Coby and Shanks' roles in the war bashed that point into our heads to a T. I'm just Saiyan, it needs more than that. Maybe I am just looking too much into it as a perfectionist, but I'm just really expecting a LOT from Oda for One Piece's finale. I can budge on the Mihawk thing, but not Akainu.

And I see what you're saying about Mihawk, but if you ask me, it just serves to make the dynamic more tragic and interesting. Especially if Shiliew "cheated" in some way like, and this is just for example, having the Diamond DF. Therefore, when Zoro beats Shiliew, he doesn't just prove he's stronger than both Mihawk and Shiliew, he did something that even Mihawk couldn't do that defines him. Like slicing the bit out of freaking diamond. Sorry, I just feel like fighting Mihawk is just too… Predictable. No, that's not the right word to describe it. Hm… I know. Too easy. Yeah, too easy, that's sort of how I'm feeling, sadly. But I'm sure that whatever. But one of the SH's dreams has to not go the way they expected, you know. We can't have all of them getting exactly what they wanted in the exact way they thought. You're right that it's much more than just the name at this point, but I still feel like it's too easy and obvious, especially with how buddy-buddy the two have gotten that there's not much investment when considering the possibility Mihawk would win compared to if Shiliew would win (of course, neither of them will, I'm just Saiyan). But eh, I'm probably spoiled with this bit, I'm sure Zoro vs. Mihawk can be just fine. But you have to admit that not every Straw Hat's dream should be achieved in a way that it's expected. There has to be one or two dreams that end up going a very different curveball way than expected just to not be predictable and prove more morals than we realize and such.

I don't really see why Magellan has to return though. He doesn't serve much of a purpose if Impel Down is still in the Grand Line after only Marine HQ located. I mean, if we saw him leaving to hunt down the escapees, sure, but no, Hannyabal took his spot as warden and he's just making compromises with being vice warden. So I have to disagree with that, and don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see him again.

Wait, you think Enel isn't going to appear again? I mean, I can see what you mean about Gin and Kuro, or even guys like Wapol and Gedatsu, but c'mon. Oda can't freaking ignore that Skypieans and Shandians are aliens out of the blue. That's just, no, I'm sorry. XD We need in One Piece in space, bro. lol Just kidding (still wouldn't mind that for an arc though…), but I do feel like it really should be elaborated upon in the future. AND YES, FUJITORA DOING THAT WOULD BE PERFECT LOL. About Gin though, I'm not even sure. I just want him to be acknowledged in SOME way, and hopefully Don Krieg is out of the way and Gin took over or something, although that would sort of defeat the point of his character motive. XD
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:16 pm

I feel like there's enough conflict beyond simple revenge for the Akainu vs Luffy fight. Besides, what you're saying as a con for that fight you're using as a pro for Zoro vs Shiryuu.

Also, I really, REALLY doubt Shiryuu will ever get the Diamond DF. It wasn't even that Mihawk couldn't cut Jozu, by the way. He made a halfassed slash from like a mile away that Jozu blocked. He could probably cut diamond if he makes direct physical contact. I mean, hey, Mr. 1 managed to block an air slash too.

As for Enel, well, he's kind of on the moon right now. Gedatz likely won't come into the story because he's in Arabasta, but the other Priests don't really have a particular reason, but probably suffer the same fate as other less important characters (notably the East Blue villains, Wapol's crew, and the Cipher Pol agents that are fought on the Sea Train).

But Enel himself doesn't have much reason to reappear in the story. We've seen the Shandians and the Skipeans on cover art after the Timeskip, but they likely won't come into play again unless there's some random event. I could see that island that Urouge went to being bombarded by Enel for no apparent reason.

As for Magellan, I mostly meant in the capacity of going and collecting Level 6 Prisoners. Maybe meet up with him in the New World and have a scuffle. Heck, I'd love to see him and Luffy work together to take out a group of threatening Pirates, with maybe a side to Magellan where he sympathizes with Luffy and realizes he, despite being the cause of a massive breakout and huge stain on his honor, isn't actually evil. Just food for thought, but once again, just wild random idea.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:21 am

lol True. I am a bit of a hypocrite. What happens, happens. I didn't mean to bring the diamond thing up as a legit thing, it's just theory I liked lol. But I did use it too much. Still, I do want to see Luffy vs. Akainu mean more than just beating him up because he's a lava jerk. They can't just topple the WG, they have to also do it in a fashion to show why their view on justice and their reign was wrong. At least, to me. …And I just think the Diamond Fruit theory is cool because of what Daz Bones said to Zoro. XD

Indeed. But I just think it'd be cool for a villain to return with story potential there, and Enel sort of has that. I mean, it's really hard to tell how cover stories connect later on. Since Shandia has such a connection with the Poneglyphs, Enel could come back to advance on that plot thread. I'm not sure right now lol.

Yeah, they did make a big deal over the Level 6 prisoners, but he never actually left Impel Down though. Plus, the Gorosei covered it up. Unless something changes, I don't think we'll really see him again, sadly. But I love those possibilities you brought up. I would really like to see him come back, I just don't see how right now due to still being stuck in Impel Down. Although, since he's vice warden now, MAYBE he could slip away…
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:12 pm

It's assumed that over the Timeskip, he left Impel Down to go hunting them.

About Luffy taking down the WG, well, Oda made a great reason to go to war with them in the first place at Enies Lobby. With Akainu at the helm, they could go to even more ridiculous extremes and start killing anyone and everyone related to Pirates an whatnot. They might even bring back the Endpoints idea from Film Z.

I could totally see Smoker, Kuzan, Koby, Helmeppo, and even maybe Garp joining up with them as Akainu strangles the freedom of the seas for the sake of justice.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:30 pm

I thought one of the One Piece timeskip covers showcasing the characters two years later still showed Magellan at Impel Down. I'd love to see him live up to what he said about hunting him down, but… He's still there. Not saying Oda still can't do it, I'm just bringing  that into perspective until something changes/gets mentioned about him.

Oh, the war is justified, totally. And I definitely hope to see Akainu going to new extremes due to his belief in Absolute Justice, and hopefully makes the Marines more prominent in the story than they were for, well, most of the Grand Line besides Water 7/Enies Lobby and the whole Summit War Saga. And I have the same view. I doubt Sengoku would join in all the fun, but I would like to see him again. If only because I feel like a character like him deserves more screentime after how much he honestly got shafted in terms of seeing him do anything besides setting up the Buster Call in the Ohara flashback, bickering with Garp, and Marineford, but that's just me being nitpicky. 

As for the endpoints, possibly. You would think that you would put the lava guy into doing a plot like that lol. But with all of the canon issues with that and it being a movie, eh, I'd put keep that in the drawer for now, but it would be interesting to see.

With all that said, I am interested in what role the Supernovas are going to play in the New World. Kidd's alliance could, and this is quite a maybe especially because of Jinbe's situation, overthrow Big Mom and Kidd becomes a Yonko (I doubt we won't see a Yonkou position change in the New World), which comes head to head Luffy and Law (and maybe Drake, wherever his true intentions lie) after Kaido gets dealt with. But then again, these are Yonko, we have no idea when the Straw Hats are going to be ready to realistically take them on, even with an alliance. And Kidd's group could fail, but I doubt we're seeing him being built up as a rival to Luffy that somewhat parallels him just so we could see his bass get whooped to him by Big Mom. Of course, that isn't even bringing in Bonney's potential, along with the rest of the Supernovas we haven't seen post-timeskip yet.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:04 pm

I doubt Kidd'll be made Yonkou before the end of the story. Maybe in wrap-up.

As for Magellan, he probably left and came back. I mean, it's been two years. All the new robotic stuff on him isn't just from BB, I don't think. If he said he was gonna' do it, he probably got a good bit of it done.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:57 pm

of all the villians i want to return i want to see cp9 again the most because of just how well matched the fights were for the monster trio.

i am hoping we get to see more of all the supernovas they had a lot of cool DF powers that weren't fully explored.
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:58 pm

But then… It doesn't really matter since he's still in Impel Down now. XD

And eh, you might be right. But they keep hyping up Kidd for a reason though, that's the only reason I suggested it. It's only a matter of time before he suddenly gets shoved everywhere into the story like Law did with Punk Hazard.

Also, Dragon, I really want to see Capone Bege again. His power was so freaking cool.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:12 pm

X-Drake is ma favrite. Can't wait to see him when they confront Kaidou. I wanna see him fight Zoro.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:17 pm

Speaking of Kaidou, I can't help but wonder what Zoan DF he most likely has. I've seen theories ranging from a chimera, to an actual dragon (contrasting with Momo being a pink dragon artificially), or even a Typhon from Greek mythology. Then again, it'd be even more interesting if he started out as an animal and ate a Hito Hito no Mi model. Can't wait ti'll Kaidou shows up, I'm hoping for Chopper to get some character development with so much going on about Kaidou's artificial Zoan DF army. I'm betting that it has to obviously be some sort of Ancient Zoan DF.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:08 am

I'm assuming that at the very least, he has a Mythical Zoan Fruit, regardless of it he started out as a beast or a human. 

For some reason, when I see his hair, mixed with his title of "Strongest Creature," I think lion. But he's too big to just have eaten a Lion Zoan Fruit. Maybe he was a Lion that ate a Human Human fruit, like Model: Giant or something? Or I could see him being a man with a manticore fruit. I really can't say.

Typhon is an interesting idea, though.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:07 pm

great chapter it showed off doffys past which was a bit different than i expected
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:56 pm

Eh. I actually thought this chapter was kind of... meh.

Yeah, we got a little action with Law nearly killing Trebol and Doffy wrecking the two Supernovas, but Doffy's past wasn't terribly interesting, and the chapter was pretty short. It felt like a chapter of something that wasn't One Piece.

What I mean by that is, you know how when you read other Shonen Jump series like Naruto or Bleach, every page is filled with big action panels and that's your entire chapter? That's what we got this week.

Usually with One Piece, we get a look at a few different places and characters, get at least one or two big meaningful paragraphs of information, some good plot development, good dialogue, something, intermixed with the action. Instead, we got straight action with some admittedly unsurprising backstory. I want to know what happened with Corazon, which will probably be next chapter.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:15 am

im excited we are finally learning more about D
spoils:
also i never expected a back story even more sad than robins but laws past sure takes the cake its like the whole world hates him
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:12 pm

I actually thought Doflamingo's backstory was interesting and effective. It really helped make him feel like the first One Piece antagonist who didn't turn into a complete caricature of being evil and having little redeemable value whatsoever (not counting Magellan since he wasn't really evil at all), fatally wounding random arc-exclusive characters to badically say "LOOK AT ME, I'M SO EVIL", or even feeling human. Arlong and Moria could have gone there if we saw hints of the history of the Fishmen during Arlong Park or if we saw a flashback of Moria with his crew before Kaido wrecked him, but they still came off as feeling a bit flat. Don't get me wrong, most of the antagonists we have had do have plenty of memorable moments and epic personalities, and Doffy is still repugnant scum beyond belief. However, Doffy is really the first to actually have well rounded character interaction by apparently caring about his crew, feeling he was robbed of his birthright, having to kill two close relatives who betrayed his expectations and reliance, has a cool demeanor, powerful abilities, etc. Plus, he has been built up for about a decade, which helps lol. Or in short, actually feels multidimensional and human. So props to Oda for that. All I want explained now is how he rounded up his crew, because I still find it a bit hypocritical that he views himself as a God among trash yet still treats his followers of average criminals like family. Don't get me wrong, I get the whole amgle of an adopted family being better than a biological one with dramatic irony, but I want to know why he specifically let in guys as noble Senor Pink or as detestable as Diamante in, and why they even follow him now that I think about it when it comes to at least Senor Pink. I'm just hoping Oda doesn't go the cheap route of Doffy only viewing them as means to an end and being worthless in his eyes.

As you may have guessed by now, I have FINALLY caught up with current continuity. And I must say... Dressrosa is overhyped in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, it has several high points and successes, but there is also plenty of stuff this arc that really bothered me to be honest. I won't get into that stuff because it would take too long and I am on my cell, but that's just my two cents.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:03 pm

HOLY SHIT get hype
newest chapter spoilers:
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:19 pm

Luffy gon be all like, pew pewpew BAM BOOM KAPLOOOOOOSSSHHHH FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH.

Yeh...

Lately, I've been reading Basketball Mangas. Started and finished Kuroko No Basket, I thought it was pretty good and now I'm reading Slam Dunk and it's pretty hilarious so far. Anyone recommend any other Basketball mangas?

I also finished reading Aku No Hana. Man dat shit depressing.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top