One Piece manga discussion

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

One Piece manga discussion

Post by dragonfire111 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:29 pm

i thought one piece is big enough to justify its own thread and i kindof wanted to talk about it with all the twists Odas been pulling lately
whats your favorite arc so far, what do you think of the series in general, favorite character? as long as its about One Piece we can talk about it in this thread :D
Mega spoiler for Dressrosa arc:
so who do you guys think is gonna get the Mera Mera no Mi. Theres no way Oda would bring back aces fruit only to give it to an arc villian one of luffys crew has to get it but who? i personally think itll go to one of zolos swords, hes mentioned a fire sword multiple times
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: One Piece manga discussion

Post by DP on Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:07 pm

Oh, is Jake gonna love this lol
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:39 pm

Oh my god.

Yesterday, I read 730 and literally had no response other than "holy shit" for 5 minutes.

I've been loving the past few chapters with all the flashbacks, but... argh! So freaking good now. I really want to just express that some more, because I think this arc is shaping up to be even better than Enies Lobby and Marineford depending on how it plays out.

About your spoiler:
I had never thought of that. I don't think so, though, because Zoro's strengths come from all his hard work. If he had a sword with a DF, then it'd kinda' ruin it. 

When the arc started I was thinking it'd actually go to some kind of enemy and Zoro and Kinemon would have to fight him or something, but at this point definitely not.

Since Diamante is taking the whole colosseum finals, maybe Jesus will beat him and take it to BB? He might as well have just taken it at Marineford, but it'd help to keep that plot point active.

Other thoughts:
I love that the Monster Trio are getting their asses kicked the past few chapters. I got that Fishman Island was to establish strength, but then when everyone in Punk Hazard functioned as a power stick too I got irate. It's refreshing to see Zoro, Law, Sanji, and Kinemon get wrecked.

That said, epic battles are ahead. There are too many enemies everywhere-- Lao G is taking a party to defend the Factory, so I think at the very least Franky is gonna' get a good 1v1. Then there's Bellamy's situation with Delinger (hope he wins), and Doffy's whole crew later. Then there's the soldiers business, the Marines, CP0, Big Mam's crew, whatever backstory Law has, the whole Kingdom's stuff, the Dwarves, Chinjao and Riku, Thunderous Soldier (I freaking love Soldier), Rebecca, Bartolomeo, Cavendish, Violet, and a ton of other subplots that need to happen by the end of the arc. 

I just love how split up everyone is. This has got to be the busiest arc in One Piece with all the stuff that's happening.

Sanji and the gang have got Tamago and Pekoms along with an entire warship (ridiculously epic twist btw) right now and we know he's going to get one of Doffy's top 3 later, and the Marines are taking Doffy's side for now but that doesn't necessarily mean they will the whole arc. I mean, with him stomping everyone so hard this has got to be a long struggle like Arabasta for Luffy to beat him eventually at Zou or at Dressrosa's palace, it'll be a huge team effort, or Fujitora is just gonna go ham.

Also, I suspected it since before the timeskip with the old Admirals, but since Luffy is going to have to fight Sakazuki eventually, I think this cements Zoro vs Fujitora. I think Sanji would actually be a perfect match for Kizaru, but we'll have to see Green Bull in action first.

Fight opinions:

Who do you think is gonna fight who? Like I said, there's a ton of fighters on both sides right now. I think since Franky is leading the Dwarves and Lao G is commanding that party, that's happening. 

I can't see anyone on that ship beating Pekoms and his defense besides Sanji, but I really want to see him fight Tamago. Maybe Brooke would have a good battle there? Or Caesar? Out of Doffy's top guys, I'd want Sanji to fight Trebol because of how much of a creep he is (maybe give him a little patented Sanji makeover), but that Pica guy looks like the Martial Artist trope.

Zoro beating that VA would be nice, but I don't know. I'd like Kinemon to handle that one, maybe.
Luffy gets Doflamingo most likely. I hope Robin, Nami, and Usopp also get full fights this arc. Last one Robin got was in Skipea and nobody cared about Yama.

I'd like to see Nami vs Baby 5 because of that beatdown at Punk Hazard, or maybe another 2v2 with her and Buffalo against Nami and Usopp.

I really like that Gladius guy. He'd be a great fight for Brooke. Machvise would fit Franky well, in terms of build, but Robin tends to beat up oddly shaped people for whatever reason. That weird plum girl would be pretty awkward fighting head to head by anyone except Momonosuke, honestly, but they managed Mrs. Goldenweek just fine with the offscreen raping by a giant duck.

Alright, that's enough of that for now.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:50 pm

yeah recently weve been getting tons of awesome chapters
again spoilerz:
yeah zolo isnt really the type to use a devil fruit i was just thinking how he has talked about fire swords at least twice i also doubt jesus would take the fruit back to blackbeard if he won it hed probably eat it himself (if i recall correctly blackbeards pirates dont get along very well) if luffy disqualifies himself the most likely winners are rebecca(is it just me or do nami and rebecca look way too similar possible twist???), cavendish, jesus, or bartolomeo(also great twist with bartolomeo being a luffy fanboy did not expect that) so i guess its all up in the air with that knowing Oda

about the fights:
the only fights im sure about is zolo vs admiral Issho and luffy vs donflamingo (but cmon thats obvious) i think this will be one of the arcs where there are tons of awesome fights for most of the crew (like alabastia and water 7) so im sure we will see a good fight for most crewmates
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:00 pm

Oh my god. Chapter 731. Oh my god. Oda, stop it, I can't handle it. My body is simply not ready.

Don't open the spoiler below. Please, read the chapter.  

It's... it's...
Spoiler:
SABO!

Oh, and 
Spoiler:
Koala. 

Cool she learned Fishman Karate. Honestly never thought she'd make another appearance.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:59 pm

that chapter was amazing
spoilz:
though to be honest i suspected sabo was alive i just didnt know when hed show up
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:15 pm

I did too, I just didn't think this soon or doing it in such a fashion. 

When you think about it, doing it for 
Spoiler:
Ace's fruit
and all that is really... powerful.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:00 pm

yeah it is really touching welp now i have the answer to my question earlier huh XD
also ive been rereading the series and just finished thriller bark and i cant stop thinking about these things
spoilers (kindof old though):
what the fuck were those things do you think theyll ever be explained?
could they be what the sea kings that helped with noah were referring to when they spoke
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:04 pm

I completely forgot about those things.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:52 am

holy shit chapter 734 was awesome
spoiler:
Doflamingo is turning out to be my favorite villian with how calculative he is
hes also probably the first one who is takng the straw hats seriously
also cavendash or hakuba just proved hes definetly a match for Zoro
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:53 am

Good chapter. I like that Doffy considered Kinemon part of the crew.

I'm kinda' hoping we get to see Franky fighting for a bit or the situation with Sanji before we get into more Colosseum (not that I don't want to see "Lucy" and Bartolomeo in action).

Can't wait to see how all these arc allies come into things later. We haven't actually seen Chinjao turned into a toy yet, but even if he has I want to see him play a role here, as well as Bellamy.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:12 pm

737 spoilers:
wow sabos a badass and it also looks like the main fights are about to get started overall great chapter we finally see how sugars power works but i wonder if it has other uses as well
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:18 pm

*Eyes shut as I type this*

I watch the anime, spent two summers ago going from episode 1 to episode 500 something because I finally gave it a shot, glad I did (naturally the addiction.) But I don't read the manga because of how much i enjoy the anime (the humor.)

But I might just decide to read and catch up so I can participate in this discussion.

Carry on!
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:56 pm

i highly reccomend it the artstyle makes it look goofy and dumb at first glance but once you get into it you realize how unique and intricate the designs are
the story is also extremely deep and complex l for example though the world looks bright and cheery there are some extremely dark and touching parts in the manga
theres also the fact that odas a genuis when it comes to foreshadowing and writing interesting and lovable characters

im glad i gave the series a chance because its become one of my favorite works of fiction
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:31 pm

So, I was thinking yesterday, and randomly the thought came about Yorki still being alive.

Earlier in the Timeskip, Crokus and Laboon were featured with some old guy (face not shown) at Reverse Mountain as part of a cover.

Well, with Sabo's reappearance, I dunno'... just a thought.

I mean, Brooke is what, 88 years old? Could be Yorki.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:11 am

that would be an intresting twist but if it was yorki wouldnt the others who went with him be there too (if i remember correctly it was some incurable disease that multiple crewmembers caught) so if they cured the disease wouldnt there be more of them with crokus
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:15 pm

Well, they did go through the Calm Belt. So there's a good chance many died from sea monsters, and Yorki, being the Captain, was by One Piece logic probably the strongest guy around.

Besides, there's no guarantee that if, hypothetically he had reached a cure, that everyone else would've also survived the disease with him. He just managed to outlast.

But even then, it's been like 50 years. Even if the rest had also survived, there's a lot of room there for them to have died, been captured, gotten lost, etc.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:56 pm

hmmm thats true it will make brooks reunion with laboon much more intresting if its true thats for sure
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:18 pm

chapter 744 holy shit that was good
Spoiler:
sabos gets the mera mera no mi and is already decently skilled with it. sabos face is finally revealed, and all the toys now love usopp hahaha
and donflamingo is finally getting serious wow i wonder what bird cage is though a weapon or one of flamingos DF abilities
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:26 pm

Yeah, twas a good chapter. 

But One Piece is on break this week.  :/
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:16 pm

just read chapter 745 and its official donflamingo is the best OP villian so far now in my book
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:51 am

Well, I've been itching to get back into One Piece for a long while, but I figured that the only fair way to do so would be watching the anime from the start. Again. lol I'm on episode four right now and embracing all types of nostalgia now,and I hope that I can catch up with the rest of you soon. One-two years is too long to spend away from any franchise as good as this.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:56 am

If you really want to catch up quick, I'd suggest reading it instead. You can go at a much faster pace. I also have a few little things I dislike about the anime (mostly just adding onto filler battles to make them look more one-sided, or they're just flat out incorrect portrayals), but it's good for a lot of things.

If I were you, I'd probably read up to the current chapter, and just go back and watch certain battles or other parts that struck you in the anime. Otherwise, you're going to need to sift through A LOT of stuff. Speaking of which, if you stick with anime only, you might want to look up the filler arcs so you can potentially skip those.

SPOILERS
Anyway, yeah, dragon, that chapter was sick. I'm surprised nobody I talked to managed to figured out the Marionette, because it just seems so obvious now.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:43 am

yeah Count at least skip the fillers most of them arent that great (besides some of the movies)

to the victor go the spoils:
yeah i knew he wasnt dead, but i didnt think about a string marionette it surprised me a little bit.
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:08 pm

Of course I'll skip the fillers lol, I did that the last time. And I prefer watching over reading just to take advantage of having the sound/animation the anime has with how far its come along. Besides, I'm sick of reading when I do it with comic books all of the time lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top