lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wonder Woman cast in Batman Vs Superman

Post by DP on Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:10 pm

I could see it. Not sure of her acting skills (nor was I of Cavill's), but people are overreacting about "she's too thin." It's almost like this movie is just hated because it's cool to hate it now. Apparently nobody knows what a Hollywood trainer can do in a few months (see: Chris fucking Hemsworth, all of 300).
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:08 pm

She can probably act the part, but this movie is really starting to show its colors about rushing the DCCU. They can get away with this, but the movie's now practically "World's Finest and the Amazing Wonder Woman". Yeah, it's a possibility that she might have a small cameo, but with an announcement this early, having to spread the universe quickly, and the fact that this actually isn't the first Batman/Superman movie to share the spotlight with Wondy, I really doubt that. That's not to say that this is really anything bad, it'll of course be awesome if the writing and acting is good and properly paced (lol), but I'm just stating the obvious since WB isn't even willing to "risk" a live-action Wonder Woman show.

And this is just a side note on her character in general, but it really ticks me off how DC keeps labeling Wonder Woman as part of the big "DC Trio" with Supes and Bats when history dictates that her spot should obviously go to Green Lantern. Wondy's a fine character and her newest comic is great, but it's obvious that Hal Jordan or even Flash is better treated in terms of representing the DCU than her.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:21 pm

its in terms of popularity. Hal is actually pretty hated (Not Aquaman level but still.) Flash (Take your pick) is ok in popularity but not WWs level. she is one of the most influential characters in the industry at her inception, thats we shes as highly rated as she is (The New 52 though, hasn't helped at all) 

speaking of too many characters, shared spotlight and all that Jazz, a certain Scarlet Speedster is rumored to be on the Horizon (Same guys who leaked this stuff) . give he's getting a TV show thats alot of love.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:27 pm

See, I understand her significance. But with how she's been treated for, well, the past decade at least, Hal (despite the hate) and Barry (or at least Wally) have been better treated. WB can't even decide on maintaining production on a Wonder Woman show, nonetheless a movie. She's only labeled as that by DC for her PAST influence, but they certainly haven't been treating her with such "deserving" respect as a few other characters.

And I read that about Flash after making that post. Now HE's the hero who probably has a minor cameo.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:45 am

if lantern does show up, i really hope its jon stewart instead of hal.  I never liked hal
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:51 am

I still want Kyle Rayner, AKA, Space Jesus.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:26 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/06/latest-rumors-say-batman-vs-supermans-wonder-woman-will-be-a-descendant-of-krypton

Have a seat, Wonder Woman fans. Everything you know about Diana of Themyscira's Amazonian origins might be about to change. On the silver screen, at least. (Very mild Man of Steel spoilers follow.)
Batman–on-Film, a site with some pretty strong inside sources, believes that the version of Wonder Woman played by Gal Gadot in the upcoming Batman vs. Superman will be a descendant of the ancient Kryptonians who attempted to set up an outpost on earth thousands of years before the events of Man of Steel.
When asked how big a role we might expect Wonder Woman to play in Batman vs. Superman, BOF proprietor Jett Ramey responded, “Personally, I’d say it’ll be about on par with Scarlett Johansson’s first appearance as Black Widow in IRON MAN 2. I believe that it’s a cameo-plus type of role that will (hopefully) serve as a springboard to a solo Wonder Woman movie.”
Fair enough. But Ramey wasn’t done:
“With all that said, I’d bet a year’s pay – in MONOPOLY money, of course – that the ‘Amazons’ of this cinematic DCU will be descendants of those ‘ancient Kryptonians’ who attempted to set up Kryptonian outposts throughout spacedom thousands and thousands of years ago. Furthermore, I say that Wonder Woman will be powered-down, if you will, relative to Superman because these Amazons have evolved and adapted to living on Earth for hundreds of centuries. And since Kryptonians are produced without any “He’n and She’n” – Jor El and Lara excluded – couldn’t this original Kryptonian on Earth have used this reproductive science to create an all-female race? I say yes!”

So, would being from the same planet make this less weird, or more?
If there’s any truth to this – Ramey doesn’t mention any source for his belief – it raises a slew of questions. Does this signal an end to the Hellenic deity aspects of WW’s origin? Will Warner Bros. shy away from using magic or mystical powers of any kind in future DC films? Could the surviving Kryptonians have used their powers to achieve godlike status among early humans, with all the Chariots of the Gods implications that might entail?
What do you think? Is this a brilliant way to condense the complicated backstories of a diverse universe, or a betrayal of the greatest female icon in comic book history? Because those are clearly the only two options.
Now, I don't think this is going to happen mainly because the prequel comic to Man of Steel already classified Kara Zor-El/Supergirl as having been in that scout ship, and Gal Gadot has natural black hair like Wondy. However, ignoring that, there is still the really off chance that WB/DC would actually consider this due to how much they've been shitting on "taking a chance" with Wonder Woman. Not to mention that bringing in a whole other mythology after Green Lantern might have them a bit spooked. Regardless, I still say that this is false mainly because of what I said earlier and the fact that this is just the original source's prediction from what he's apparently seen.

But if this even had the slightest of being a real thing, I take it that you can expect this to be my reaction:

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:10 pm

Stabby time.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star