Family Guy kills off main cast Member (MASSIVE SPOILER WARNING!) (SERIOUSLY NO SPOILER TAGS HERE)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Was this a good idea?

20% 20% 
[ 2 ]
20% 20% 
[ 2 ]
30% 30% 
[ 3 ]
30% 30% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 10

Re: Family Guy kills off main cast Member (MASSIVE SPOILER WARNING!) (SERIOUSLY NO SPOILER TAGS HERE)

Post by Count Mario on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:10 pm

To be fair, comparing their marriage to this situation is a bit extreme. I mean, I see where you're going and agree, but I just feel like making that point. In fact, I dare say that Jeff and Haley getting married didn't really change things up much after Haley moved back in. They just have more freedom in the stupid shit they do.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Family Guy kills off main cast Member (MASSIVE SPOILER WARNING!) (SERIOUSLY NO SPOILER TAGS HERE)

Post by DP on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:13 pm

But it started a multiepisode arc just as this likely will.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Eh, I'm fine with it. I wanna see where they go with Vinny.
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:27 pm

DP wrote:But it started a multiepisode arc just as this likely will.
Of course. But I'm just saying the the repercussions both inside and outside of the show are from each other in terms of impact, even if Brian does come back. Your earlier point still stands fine, I just wanted to give some input.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:42 pm

Anaconda_Vice wrote:My favorite episode is the one when, Quagmire told off Brian for who he is.  At that moment, Quagmire became my favorite character in the show.  I didn't find Brian is the slightest bit relatable since I actually know what having a thought of reason is rather then spouting non-sense because it's his opinion.  I would sooner become blind and Christian then ever have to befriend someone like Brian in real life.
Amen to that. I didn't find Brian all that likable either. Sure he was funny at some points but most of the time... well... Quagmire explains it all.
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:54 pm

I actually fully agree with Quagmire. But the funny thing is that when Brian's not a liberal douche or in the usual routine of say, dating the new girl of the week or writing a new horrible book, he's actually likable. And the dynamic with Stewie, and even how he affects other characters (including Quagmire) really make me appreciate what his character brought. Feel free to still dislike him, but Brian was undeniably an essential part to what made Family Guy, well, Family Guy throughout the years. As obvious as that is.
 Not to mention usually acting from the most common sense standpoint like lpool pointed out.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:23 pm

I miss Brian, I honestly couldn't believe it and throughout the whole episode I thought he was somehow going to come back…

Man…=/
I hugged my 2 dogs after that episode…='(
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:40 pm

*Ahem*

He's still in the minds of the writers, which says a lot to his coming back.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:56 pm

I hope he doesn't come back, because it would discredit their writing abilities.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:09 am

It's a comedy series. I don't think anyone would care if they retconned. Especially since it's likely in the plan. We know there are a bunch of talented writers, and we know that fans want Brian back more than anything else right no,  so the safe bet is the likely revival will be written pretty well. Quite possibly in an episode called "Road to Brian" or something next season. If not sooner in a current-season episode.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:13 am

Even so, they made a choice and they should stand by it. The weird fanboys will get over themselves eventually.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:41 am

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/29/family-guy-maya-rudolph-glenn-howerton/

A confirmed episode involves Brian falling for Maya Rudolph's character in 2014. He's not dead for good. Also, since every episode between now and Christmas is untitled, bar the next one in line, safe bet is that he's back by then or in the only other named episode "Three Acts of God."

You can thank me now.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:09 am

Already reversing decisions?
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by animeprophet on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:09 pm

Greatest show ever in my humble opinion. Anyway, apparently the voice of Vinny,Tony Sirico, has signed on to do six episodes and maybe more. http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/11/25/family-guy-vinny-the-dogs-voice-actor-tony-sirico-signed-for-six-episodes/

They aren't already reversing decisions. Each episode takes six to nine months to complete. If they have a future episode with Brian then they never intended to permanently kill him off.
animeprophet
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : ANIMEPROPHET

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:34 pm

Oh yeah. That's what I was getting at. He'll be back at the latest by next season because of backlash making them set up a revival ep. But we know he's back this season at least once.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mtjjrstccw2 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:40 pm

I'M SOOOOOOOOO PISSED/SADDENED BY THIS! OMFG!
Mtjjrstccw2
Sticker
Sticker

PSN : mtjjrstccw1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:22 am

My favorite scene in, Family Guy.  The video is quiet, you really have to turn it up.

BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:14 am

Brian is back on the December 15th episode, Christmas Guy. Stewie seems to use a Christmas wish to get the "the one thing he wants," and Brian is in the cast.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:22 am

They couldn't write anything gayer than that.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:30 am

^ I see what you did there. I think.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mtjjrstccw2 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:48 pm

^LOL
Mtjjrstccw2
Sticker
Sticker

PSN : mtjjrstccw1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:02 am

I thought the writers were going to lose credibility just by bringing, Brian back. But, they managed to lose even more credibility on top of bringing, Brian back. The episode was terribly written, aside from being funny. It was terrible, however the better scenes came from, Vinny in the episode.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:19 am

I doubt it was that bad. Going in expecting to hate it doesn't ever help an opinion of something. Just gives more fuel for critisicms.

Edit: Seth MacFarlane also had a good point: "You didn't really think we'd kill off Brian, did you? Jesus, we'd hav. To be fucking high."
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:16 am

There's a lot of people that didn't like the episode. Also, no one should care what Seth says because he's just playing favorites to his favorite character to voice for.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:09 pm

Bryan's back! <3
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top