New Console Errors.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Console Errors.

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:38 pm

Both the Xbox One and PS4 have been having issues the past week. i feel it is a good idea to document some horror stories and update as stats come out. 

I forget some Ps4 issues, mostly HDMI errors and an update bug.

Xbox Ones are....Catching Fire.....and grinding on discs....and more. it seems despite being out one day in a larger ratio...

i want an X1 but i may wait for the next edition.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Console Errors.

Post by BigBox on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:08 pm

Don't forget, The Green Screen of Death people have been reporting.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:13 pm

well in all fairness Sony has the amber line of death. but its much cheaper to fix and not a safety hazard that will eat your $60 games. and its rarer.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:37 pm

I know, I was just reminding you.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:51 pm

This makes me more and more nervous to try out the ps4 i won.  I hope mine doesn't have more of a chance of having an issue since it was part of a promotion
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:42 pm

I would doubt there's any difference in quality of consoles between the sales and contests. They all come from the same factory lol.

The chances of hardware failure aren't as high as people estimate so don't be too worried. A few dozen people complain in a thread made for the purpose of complaining about hardware issues, and all of a sudden the failure rate is 30%. And that stuff happens to both consoles.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:44 pm

Then you also have fanboys posting complaints just to make the console look bad.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:51 pm

That's also phenomenally true. Can't believe I forgot that little tidbit.

And while we all like to poke fun at Nintendo, their craftsmanship on consoles is rarely challenged. They make something to last. Even the U, despite its size, is sturdy. That's one cue I wish Sony would take again (the older, pre-SuperSuperSlim PS3s, and the PS2/1 in general, were really sturdy - not that the PS4 might not be, but the older gen stuff holds up a lot more to me).
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:55 pm

it does indeed, but alot of the XB1 stuff has video evidence i can't find the fire but......

lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:57 pm

When the PS3 first came out it was hit 13 times with a sledge hammer and was still in relatively the same shape it started in. It would have survived two minutes with, The Human Wrecking Balls but a last overtime hit killed it. Also, Archfiend put a Dualshock 3 through absolute hell and it still worked. Sony definitely makes sturdy hardware.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:12 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:it does indeed, but alot of the XB1 stuff has video evidence i can't find the fire but......

Maybe the console didn't want to have call of duty played on it.  If i was a console, i'd probably refuse too
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:19 pm

Sony definitely MADE sturdy hardware. The more models the PS3 went through, the worse it got. The first was good, the Slim was too, and the Superslim was fine. The fourth model was kinda sketchy, and the most recent (I think there were five) was just garbage. There was definitely a degradation. That said I've heard the PS4 is back to form, bar the strange HDMI female end issues.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:41 pm

There's only four models of the, PlayStation 3 and the Super Slim is the 4th one.  Also, I wouldn't say that's a Sony error with the rumors of the system being sabotaged by the colledge students FOXCON forced to work on it.  While I know it's only a rumor, the rumor isn't far off because it isn't a new thing that a disgruntled employee will sabotage the company like there's some kind of personal gain from it.  Then again, personal gain would depend on the situation.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:18 pm

I think the most impressive feat of console-toughness happened WAY long ago.

Back when Nintendo Power was the most relevant magazine (whoa), someone accidentally dropped their NES or SNES (I forget) out of a 3 story window and onto concrete.

It survived. The protective plastic was a mess, but the inner console was in grade A condition. The N. Power writer was like, "wait, what?"

The strongest gaming equipment I've personally used a lot was the original Xbox controller. Damn thing was Nokia strong. You couldn't have two teams of rowdy highschool guys playing Halo in the same room because they'd ending up beating each other to death with them.

But uh, on topic, yeah. I love how Xbots were giving the PS4 shit for bricking (well, I mean, yeah that's really bad) and then defending the Xbone literally combusting and breaking discs. To be honest, though, I think Microsoft did the disc thing on purpose to try to sell the idea of download-only.

Both are off to a bad start, but PS4's is fixable via patch. They have it a lot better. Ninty's definitely a safer investment as far as console security. It's simply tougher. Not as complex by any means, but at least it won't light on fire. xD
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:36 pm

I'm gonna stay away from, Ninty right now for the Wii U because there's only two good games and one of them I don't really want. It's more of a bonus than anything else.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:17 pm

I remember the PS3 thing now: They pseudoupgraded to a SuperSuperSlim with a newer model of the SuperSlim that was more akin to the 4G Xbox Slims in terms of business scumbaggery. Either way, the point was that there was a visible decline as they cheapened the PS3 in recent years.

But yeah, Sony has the edge here. They've shown before that you can patch out a brick (the only company I know of that has done so).

As for best console in terms of durability, I'd say GameCube is pretty up there. That thing has literally been dragged behind a truck and survived to tell the tale.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:43 pm

oh god i remember the gamecube that thing was a fucking beast it had a great library too
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:58 pm

I remember my, GameCube.  It got very little use after we got a second, PlayStation 2.  At that point it pretty much collected dust and only had had play time when playing Melee with friends.  Even when me and my brother had only one PS2, it still had little to no usage but not as much dust.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Neß on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:21 pm

I never had a Gamecube back when the game were is stores, but my friend did. I bought one from a flea market earlier this year. Was basically flawless. (has a minor issue with the button that opens the disc cover) Had to buy Melee twice though because it wouldn't read the first copy I bought.
Neß
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : PSIHeroNess (I never actually play online though.)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shikiyakumo on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:52 pm

I laughed when i read that the Xbone catches fire. So not only does it watch you, it tries to assassinate you.

But seriously, that sucks for people who bought the system.
shikiyakumo
LANDMASTER!
LANDMASTER!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:33 pm

I'm hoping we get some actual evidence on the fire thing. Well, I mean, I hope we DON'T because that'd be awful, but just to show if it's real or a fanboy comment. I've yet to find a reliable article mentioning it with any source or details.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by shikiyakumo on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:21 pm

DP wrote:I'm hoping we get some actual evidence on the fire thing. Well, I mean, I hope we DON'T because that'd be awful, but just to show if it's real or a fanboy comment. I've yet to find a reliable article mentioning it with any source or details.
Found a youtube video talking about it. But it's some kid who isn't from any important gaming website. He apparently was talking about the PS4 and Xbone in most of his videos. (i didn't look but it sounded like he did from the single video i watched)
shikiyakumo
LANDMASTER!
LANDMASTER!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top