Batman vs. Superman Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Batman vs. Superman Discussion

Post by Count Mario on Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:30 am

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/09/girls-star-adam-driver-frontrunner-to-play-nightwing-in-batman-vs-superman

Okay, seriously. What is it with ASM2 having rumors of so many villains involved and now this movie including a bunch of heroes? First Wonder Woman, now Nightwing, and watch someone like, say, Cyborg be next. I'm betting all my money on him or Aquaman being rumored.

As for whether or not I think this is true, I very much doubt it. But if it is, well... at least Nightwing now has super hearing, if you catch my drift.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman vs. Superman Discussion

Post by DP on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:23 pm

I really hope they don't biff this with oversaturation a later Spiderman 3. Because the DCCU will stay on track if they do but it'll be total shit.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:05 pm

Honestly I think if they include the Arrowverse and elude to Wonder Woman this time out they are good, if and only if they do what everybody wants them to do for JLA. Make Aquaman the Villain in a war on the surface world
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:17 pm

That, or Gorilla Grodd could be the villain. Invade the Earth's nations Rise of the Planet of the Apes-style.

An Atlantis invasion would be better, but either would be more beneficial than just rushing Darkseid to the spotlight in the first JL movie (like in the comic).
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:01 pm

Personally, I think a great Aquaman movie would be like.. uh...

Dark stormy night. Shadowy figure comes to the door of a lighthouse. Drops something and knocks on door. Baby at doorstep.
Cut forward. He's AMAZING at swimming. Loves the sea. W/e. Exposition.

Something happens. Goes to Atlantis. Is Prince. Has trouble getting along with brother.

Years go by. King dies, no one knows why. Arthur is selected to be King. His brother is outraged, but keeps it secret. He screws with the area and whatnot trying to secretly destroy Atlantis. Oh yeah, Mera is a love interest. Whatever.

Blah blah, a lot like that one early episode of Batman Brave and the Bold, it was Black Manta (there's foreshadowing everywhere), bros unite to fight him, but Ocean Master still runs away. Aquaman setup for Justice League complete. Abridged summary, but you get the point.

Ahem. Anyway, I thought this was a Superman vs Batman hypothetical fight, in which case I was going to say "Superman, easy." As far as the movie goes, I'd rather it not be busy. Actually, I'd just rather it to not happen, but yeah.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:49 pm

I really hope they don't force too many characters in this movie.  That was my biggest criticism for the avengers.  I thought the idea of having superman and batman meet first in a movie before the rest of the justice league showed up was a great idea because, by the time the JL movie came out, we wouldn't be star struck at the sight of batman and superman on screen together.  But if they're going to put everyone superhero and their grandmother in this movie then...i don't know...
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:06 pm

...Avengers didn't have too many characters. Just a main cast of six-seven people and one villain lol. Granted, however, I felt like Cap could've definitely played a bigger role in the movie. But if that bothered you, then i can't change your mind.

But don't worry, Marko. These are just rumor. Mischievous and deceitful rumors. Hopefully...
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:18 pm

Let's remember there was no rumor stating that Ben Affleck would end up being Batman. That just happened, instead of four other rumored actors. So rumors with this movie should be completely ignored lol.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:25 pm

Oh, I've seen that argument before, but it never takes into account the fact that he was associated with a previous JL movie that got cancelled. So yeah lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:24 pm

It also doesn't take into account that he went on record saying he'd never do another superhero movie after Daredevil, or that he had changed his entire acting portfolio to be completely counter to anything you'd expect to see in a superhero movie. Yet he still got in, by choice.

Logic.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:35 pm

and dps just sitting there like

lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:13 pm

It's all connected, DP. It's all an illusion, you see? The clues are set, we just have to crack the code!

...Affleck defies the laws of space and time.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:46 am

Count Mario wrote:...Avengers didn't have too many characters. Just a main cast of six-seven people and one villain lol. Granted, however, I felt like Cap could've definitely played a bigger role in the movie. But if that bothered you, then i can't change your mind.

But don't worry, Marko. These are just rumor. Mischievous and deceitful rumors. Hopefully...
well the captain is my favorite marvel hero haha.  I just personally felt like hawkeye and black widow weren't all that necessary and would have liked to focus more of the character development between the 4 main heroes (like for example, i felt like cap adjusted to the modern world way too fast.  I did hear there were a lot of deleted scenes involving him seeing his gf in a nursing home and such though).  Like i said, a ton of people loved it and really happy they did.  It just didn't make as big an impression on me.  

As for the rumors, I hope so.  I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled something like that though
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:16 am

Personally, I say that Hawkeye should've covered for Black Widow and more. I've never been fond of Widow as an Avengers, personally, and I feel like a lot more screentime would be used properly if we just had one agent/assassin instead of two. However, I still can't say no to seeing Scarlett Johansson in leather on the big screen. *licks lips*
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:45 am

Zack Snyder just revealed two pieces of artwork for Batman vs. Superman.

...Might as well have not revealed these at all in the cosmic scheme of things lol. Still, I hope that Batman doesn't wear the old school blue and grey outfit like in the first pic and stays with a black cowl, although I doubt that these images have any influence on the film at all.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:30 pm

They were going to have more Cap in the movie. 

They scrapped... 40 minutes, I believe(?) of Cap related material to put in Winter Soldier instead, which will focus on his adjusting to society.

Which makes sense, because in Avengers he just got there and now he has to deal with an immediate threat. Now that he's out of his isolation in his gym, he's going to start really interacting with everyone.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Okay, so WB just purchased a bunch of web domains with these names, in which one of them could be the TRUE title of the film.

• Man of Steel: Battle the Knight

• Man of Steel: Beyond Darkness

• Man of Steel: Black of Knight

• Man of Steel: Darkness Falls

• Man of Steel: Knight Falls

• Man of Steel: Shadow of the Night

• Man of Steel: The Blackest Hour

• Man of Steel: The Darkness Within
...How hard if it to spell "World's Finest"? lol But seriously, all of these names blow harder than Superman's Freeze Breath.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top