Marvel Announces "Some" New TV shows......oh boy its big!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marvel Announces "Some" New TV shows......oh boy its big!

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:49 pm

First Source of many I found on Google HERE

So Agents of SHIELD is Kinda Meh. it ain't bad but its not exactly good (Definitely not Arrow good) so Marvel of course wanna spice it up a bit.

they have announced 5 COUNT EM 5 New programs coming......to Netflix......meh. no TV arguments now over the TV. So what are the TV shows? 

The first four will last 13 Episodes each and star a different Hero each time, with Solo movies and extra seasons in the offing should they take off. so who are the lucky few?

The biggest Cockblack of Agents so far was episode 1 where the black superhero turned out to not be one of our well known protagonists. But worry no more! LUKE CAGE will be getting his own show!

His buddy in the Heroes for Hire will not be joining Cage however.....because IRON FIST is also getting his own show! 

Its hard to know what our third hero..or should I say Heroine has in store for us in her own show. i mean your kinda a mixed bag if your heading a company called Alias industries. JESSICA JONES will be taking to the silver screen in who knows what costume, probably her current alter ego of Power Woman.

But finally the biggest of them all so big he already has his own superhero movie starring none other than Batman. Whats a quintet of shows set in Hells Kitchen going to be without their patron saint? Making his debut back under the Marvel banner and leading the charge onto Netflix is DAREDEVIL. 

these 4 will then form the roster for the Avengers-esque finale to these TV series in the form of FEARLESS DEFENDERS which like the others will primarily take place in Hells Kitchen. if i had to guess? Kingpin and Shadowland. 

now how do i feel about this? pretty awesome! that said I feel a bit holo. The fact that Marvel feels that Guardians is a safer bet than Heroes for Hire and Daredevil stings a bit. also the absence of Spider-man will be felt as whenever New Yorks street level heroes gather he is often at the center of it, Superior or No. Hell if this IS Shadow Land.

He kinda just took it down. its a shame he wont be there. That said there is far more positives than this and if it can expand the MCU more (All AoS did is tease Gravitron. There is also a rumor they will tie up The Leader plot from Incredible Hulk Which is in the MCU as well as touch on the events of the comic which kept Abomination in prison. these are Avengers level Villains Marvel almost more so than Loki!) is all good by me.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Marvel Announces "Some" New TV shows......oh boy its big!

Post by Count Mario on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:38 pm

Um, you know, don't Sony's Spider-Man rights (as well as Fox with the X-Men) only extend towards the MOVIES and not SHOWS? I mean, I don't know the specifics of the contract and I don't think they'll react too kindly towards the idea if it was live-action, but I'm pretty sure that if they watch their ground, then MAYBE they could get away with introducing a Spidey show with these guys. But eh, that's just me.

But that's besides the point. We get Jessica Jones instead of say, Punisher? Blade? Elektra? Hell, I'd even take NOVA if they found a way to tie him in better than in Ultimate Spider-Man. Actually, wait, if they wanted a street-based female character so much to fit into this team, WHY NOT SHE-HULK?! HELL, SHE'S ACTUALLY IN THE CURRENT FEARLESS DEFENDERS COMIC!

Oh, c'mon. You know that we're not going to get another Hulk movie until, say, 2016 or even 2017. And besides being Hulk's cousin and having similar strength capabilities, she's always been her own character and has had at least three of her own comic series (and that isn't even counting the teams she's been on) and showed up in other comic series to the point where she's her own character. Ugh, but I guess I can get used to P-P-Power Wo... Wo... No, nonono, she should've just been in Luke's show. Pure and simple. And we better get a two-episode crossover of Luke and Iron Fist teaming up within their first or second season.

Additionally, SHIELD is confirmed to have an episode tying into the aftermath of Thor: The Dark World later on this month, so we should expect some Thor stuff as well. Personally, I feel like Fearless Defenders would be an epic way to introduce Beta Ray Bill (assuming that they don't do it in Thor 3). I mean, I know they're street-based, but that doesn't mean they can't be introduced to some cosmic shiz once in a while.

Back to Agents of SHIELD's quality though, the only episode I legitimately liked with barely any complaints was four. After reclaiming a bit of hope and watching episode five, however, I turned to my older cousin who was watching with me and asked "Why the shock did we get this instead of Heroes for Hire"? Not going to lie, though, this is infinitely better.

So yeah, new Luke, Iron Fist, and Daredevil shows. That's freaking sexy. However, I do have just one potential complaint, and it's that Kingpin's going to be identified as a DD villain again. You see, guys, he started out as a big Spider-Man villain, but over the years, he's slowly retreated towards being linked to Daredevil to the point where fans would only recognize them together. Remember Tombstone from Spectacular Spider-Man? He was actually supposed to be Kingpin, but the producers were denied because he was labeled as a DD villain, which seriously bites. In current comics though, lpool can back me up on the fact that Kingpin's gradually fading back into Spider-Man's cast again, which is good. The only thing that would help more is if Spider-Man got his own live-action show (like I suggested earlier) and maybe him and DD could sort of share Kingpin, to the point where they could even have crossovers because of that connection. And if performed right, they could even become almost as widely recognized as Batman and Superman as a duo if these shows become a big hit. But NO. All that progress is going to be dashed in the public eye. Again. I shouldn't complain because we're still going to get kickass DD stories, but my heart dedicated to Spidey will forever ache...

So yeah, those are my thoughts. Last thing I need to say is that Punisher needs SOMETHING as soon as possible. The fact that he just got his first ongoing comic in years to be confirmed is a bit sad, to say the least.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:48 pm

well there are more possibilities for shows. Rumours include Peggy Carter which is highly requested and IN-FREAKIN-HUMANS! but these are the four we got.and i'm pretty happy with em. 

on AoS i feel its getting better. 3 4 and 5 were pretty good (Haven't seen 6) but it is not spectacular in any sense of the word, especially with Arrow in the same genre. if Arrow and Flash tie into the DCCU eventually as they should AoS loses its niche.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm

I mean, in terms of the general plot, it's improving, but I still have no feelings towards about half of the main cast (mainly those science geeks who are in for little more than comic relief based off of forced smart-sounding quips in English accents. The "Cavalry" chick is actually interesting and badass, but we still barely know about her), the one-time characters who actually start out interesting turn into mediocre characters who end up exploding (pseudo-Luke Cage and "Scorch"), and not to mention Skye. I finally started liking her a bit when during family moments with Coulson, but in terms of how she contributes to daily activities, her quirkiness, and having sex with her boyfriend in episode five for no reason (seriously, what is it with sex in live-action shows? It's like people always force that in to promote "Oh noez, shit got serious because this character's in love with this new guy" when something simpler like a kiss or implication would flow better), she pisses me off indefinitely.

However, after the end of episode five, I definitely have to give it credit because Coulson is FINALLY doing what he should've been if he had a single existing brain cell during that moment where Skye was in custody. And we might finally see a new side to Skye now that could be better than most of what we've seen. Now, I'm just worried about more romance cliches between her and Ward in future episodes where Joss Whedon should honestly just admit that they're getting together if they're putting us through watching that.

And I haven't seen episode six yet either. As for Inhumans, I can definitely agree that is likely to become a show (especially since Marvel is going to really be pushing them in future comics after Infinity ends).
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:10 pm

INHUMANSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

anyway....i actually like Fitz-Simmons as the comic relief they are. and of course i like Coulson. But Ward is generic, May is badass for the sake of being badass, thus not badass and Skye is Skye. (Of the 3 i like Ward the best but.......) But i do feel alot of the CotD are missed potential and should have been played off more later (A bit hard for Scorch though) and i do agree the WardXSkye ship needs to go the route of the Titanic. But i enjoyed the sex scene.....bad writing but i enjoyed it. as Dara O Brian said.....
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:37 pm

I'm fine with them being mainly character relief, but God, they need their characters expanded upon besides either doing something funny one minute or just seeing them arguing over something science-y that means the end of the world the next. I usually enjoy comic relief characters, but since they're part of the main cast, I can't help but feel like something's missing. They feel hollow to me, and if they stay the way they are, I'm honestly going to continue to not care or even feel a bit irritated about both their actual characters and their quips. If they were just recurring characters, I wouldn't fine, but as part of the MAIN cast, my expectations are just higher, I suppose.

May is like Legolas from Lord of the Rings, except remove the relationship with Gimli and most of his emotions (notice how I didn't mention a sex change). Ward is pretty much like you said (with a few cop show cliches portrayed in his personality once in a while), but he has potential. The only thing in the way of that is that his relationship with Skye seems to be what that potential is pointing towards, which is not good, of course.

And that is an excellent video, actually. Captured my thoughts perfectly.

By the way, the sixth episode of AoS is finally up on abc.com now. I'm going to go watch it in a bit.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:59 pm

apparently they are expanded upon in 6.....somehow. although they are a bit hollow at least they ARE likeable

what your getting at is May is like Legolas from LoTR minus everything anyone ever liked about Legolas, Ward is a cop cliche where cops who break out of that mold are revered and Skye sucks.

also 100% relevant video. 

lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:38 pm

Yeah, they're likable. Bu I just need a bit more effort for their characters. I've liked comic relief characters ranging from Billy in Billy & Mandy to Sokka from Avatar and Zeke from Infamous, but with this duo... You get my point. Sorry, it's just me.

I was saying that the relationship between Ward and Skye is pretty much grounds for taking a cyanide pill early in the series. Skye is actually seeming like she might become an interesting character now, but I don't want to get my hopes up, of course. ANd i heard about that with episode six, but I'll see after I rewatch this old KND episode in another tab.

As for Legolas, watch this at 9:23 (assuming that it doesn't already start there).

It was Legolas AND those things I mentioned that make him a likable character. However, if you basically have a character that focuses on just the badassery to seem, well, badass most of the time (imagine if we have a character that's basically just the footage of Legolas you just saw. Or, you know, May)... you know where I'm going with this. They just end up stale and static. May's actually the one character that I've WANTED to like, but Joss needs to get to working on expanding her character more.

As for Ward, yeah, he's either cop cliche or like Mako from Legend of Korra (actually, wait, Mako's technically a cop cliche now. HOORAY FOR COINCIDENCE), AKA, generic. You got that part right. If there's just one criminal justice show that has an overall cast that breaks out of the mold and has an awesome cast that I absolutely adore (with its occasional flaws, of course), it's Criminal Minds.

And excellent video, my friend. I feel like I should repay you for that wonderful experience, though.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:40 pm

Huh.

Sorry Hourman, I think Marvel just took a dump on that announcement.

Definitely interested in seeing the Iron Fist show, not so much the other three, but this could be very interesting. I like the "Superheroes unite" kind of setup.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:59 pm

...You're not interested in Daredevil? "Not so much"? I mean, I've always been there for Iron Fist since the hype for MUA2, but c'mon.  DIS BE DAREDEVIL, MENG. what
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:18 pm

Personally i'm hyped for Luke Cage the most cause thug lyfe.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:27 pm

Well, I guess we can expect the next thread newcomer to have the Power Woman show as their most hy-Oh wait lol. hurr 

And personally, I love Luke as in either a solo fashion or in Heroes for Hire, or maybe even heading a small street-based group, but I've always felt off about him being the leader of a big Avenger team. He's a cool guy of course, but I always feel like he'd be better off not in that sort of position. That of course doesn't include Fearless Defenders, but you get my point.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:47 pm

well lets see how Mighty Turns out. i mean we know by now Spock is NOT a leader (Points at Superior Six) so he's the best choice.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:50 pm

I can actually accept and like Mighty for the sole fact that it's made up of street-levelers. When he was in charge of say, Thunderbolts, Dark Avengers, or the New Avengers, that's where I felt a bit uncomfortable.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:51 pm

ok i'm down with that. he has leadership qualities he's just outranked there.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:59 pm

Exactly.

By the way, watch this video. I'm just going to tell you that the situation actually gets as dire as Ultimate Cataclysm in just two issues.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top