Shigeru Miyamoto Unlikely to Work on Next Mario Game, Wants to Focus on Smaller Projects

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shigeru Miyamoto Unlikely to Work on Next Mario Game, Wants to Focus on Smaller Projects

Post by BigBox on Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:17 pm

Miyamoto is the guy that puts life into this games.  I wonder how this will do without him at the helm of the next, Mario game?  Granted that he doesn't helm the next, Mario game which in his words is most likely.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11/03/shigeru-miyamoto-unlikely-to-work-on-next-mario-game-wants-to-focus-on-smaller-projects/
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shigeru Miyamoto Unlikely to Work on Next Mario Game, Wants to Focus on Smaller Projects

Post by Count Mario on Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:36 pm

Personally, I actually don't mind this, and I've been open to this possibility for a couple of years. In fact, I feel that at this point he even subtly limits gaming potential almost as much as cultivates it. I'm open to seeing new blood take the helm and hopefully get out of that awkward context Miyamoto imposes on Mario not getting any story (for example, the director of Galaxy 1 actually wanted to add a bit of story into the game, but when Miyamoto noticed post-release, that aspect pretty much went goodbye. Or that BS about the Koopalings being retconned into just being Bowser's minions and not his children anymore).

Don't get me wrong, Miyamoto's certainly a great man who I will always appreciate within the game industry. But I feel that his doctrines with long-lasting franchises with Mario and Zelda will make them play too safe in certain regards where they should start branching out and takings some deserved risks. And if Miyamoto does branch out from them and starts making some new IPs with a fresh outlook, then that's even more glorious.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shigeru Miyamoto Unlikely to Work on Next Mario Game, Wants to Focus on Smaller Projects

Post by DP on Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:51 pm

He said the same thing about Zelda last year. And in general two years ago. This comment won't change his status either, if precedent holds.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:06 pm

And that is also true. But it will eventually happen.

...Eventually.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:19 pm

Perhaps when he retires. But even then he'll always have input on these games until he dies.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:40 pm

is that a request?
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:34 pm

im with count for this mario needs some new life breathed into it
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:38 pm

why you can get 99+ plus easily!
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top