Sony Teases “Something that Will Shake The Gaming Industry”, It’s About PocketStation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sony Teases “Something that Will Shake The Gaming Industry”, It’s About PocketStation

Post by BigBox on Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:51 am

It's interesting to see, Sony talking about the PocketStation again.  Is this Sony's answer for the fact that the, PS4 can't use External Hard Drives?  If so, they have once again won $10 or $20 for this device as long as its alternative function is the same as the original PocketStation.  Damn you, Sony.  My wallet can only take so much punishment!
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11/01/sony-japan-teases-something-that-will-shake-the-gaming-industry-its-about-pocketstation/
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sony Teases “Something that Will Shake The Gaming Industry”, It’s About PocketStation

Post by DP on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:28 pm

I saw this yesterday. It's probably an app for the Vita or phones or something, let's be honest. Doing hardware would never work in this age.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sony Teases “Something that Will Shake The Gaming Industry”, It’s About PocketStation

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:52 pm

Shake the gaming industry and pocketsation don't go in the same sentence.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:01 pm

*cliche contemporary youngster voice*: What the hell's a PocketStation? Is that a new cell phone?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:56 pm

The internet is great:

Bankai wrote:It's obviously going to grant its owner the power of a god, which will enable them to compete in the "Tournament of Gods" which is held once every 1,000 years to decide who becomes the new vessel of God.
But anyway, it's more likely to just be an app that does shit with your PS4 (Cloud memory and such), but will probably only be available in only Japan, seeing as how that's where the Pocketstations are.

Also, the PS4 doesn't use external hard drives, but you can freely customize the internal hard drive to whatever the bloody hell you want. And if you want to use data on other systems, well, you have the cloud for that. This also prevents people from easily downloading hacks and mods into the system.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:28 pm

Pyro-Hem wrote:

Also, the PS4 doesn't use external hard drives, but you can freely customize the internal hard drive to whatever the bloody hell you want. And if you want to use data on other systems, well, you have the cloud for that. This also prevents people from easily downloading hacks and mods into the system.
I know, but the internet is bitching an moaning over nothing, X-Bots use it against the PS4 and Nintenyearolds do what they always do.  Lose touch with modern day gaming.  I do agree that EHD's shouldn't be allowed because of what they can to ruin the experience in online play.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:46 pm

The Bone AFAIK can't use Externals either. And the WiI U literally NEEDS them to exist (which is why I've been hesitant to pay $300 when I have to pay at least 50 just to have any sort of memory).
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:48 pm

Hasn't stopped them yet and the Nintenyearolds tend to make fun of Cloud gaming and think they're being smart.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:57 pm

What forums are you going on where there are offensively hostile Nintendrones? Normally they're solely defensive lol.

Either way at that point you know the discussion is dead, and that's when I take my leave from those kinds of discussions.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:14 pm

DP wrote:What forums are you going on where there are offensively hostile Nintendrones? Normally they're solely defensive lol.

Either way at that point you know the discussion is dead, and that's when I take my leave from those kinds of discussions.
IGN
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:30 pm

IGN's comment sections amaze me sometimes.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:33 pm

IGN is the most hostile forum on the internet right now.......except maybe for 4chan and gamefaqs.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top