Survival Horror/Horror Thoughts and Opinions

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Survival Horror/Horror Thoughts and Opinions

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:03 pm

You showed off cutting edge software and compared it to a 3+ year old game? AN 3+ year old INDIE game? that got funding from THQ? and only enough to put it on a disc? sure its not cutting edege physics i never said that but the physics is there and was quite good for and INDIE game at the time. 

you know whats another physics engine? Havok. you know what it can do? 

This Game called Robot Arena 2 still has an active fanbase, just so you know its not some random indie game (It probably had a bigger budget although it is far older than amnesia.)  This is "No Physics" even then it has physics but is very Glitchy. 

You also showed off driving physics and character models neither of which are needed in a 1st person horror game. especially and i reiterate this AN INDIE game. 

if you want to get technical, yes when you move boxes and stuff (Which is pretty much the only time physics is used) there is bouncing if thats what your trying to get across the objects have reactions reactions and roll around. It had what it needed as an INDIE (can't stress this enough) game on old software. and it wasn't an awful glitch filled bug fest. what you seem to be saying is amnesia doesn't have advanced physics, which is an excruciatingly painful argument because its an indie game (Again) that doesn't need those luxuries (And that what they are. alot of triple A games don't have them. i'm an avid driving game fan, most racers don't have that kind of car physics (Maybe the crash physics but not the suspension) outside GT and Forza. and alot of games don't use that character modeling system opting for Mocap and Ragdol. 

if you judge Amnesia as a triple A game it honestly pulls through that argument as an Indie game its barley scratched. its just a horribly unfair argument to bring up, it doesn't make any sense.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:05 pm

Note; The Infinity Engine is a physics engine, not a very good one though.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:09 pm

I love all kinds of horror games. A good horror game needs to have a good atmosphere which relies on sounds as well as looks. I know a lot of you guys don't care for the ones that highly depend on jump scares (slender, amnesia, outlast) but for me, they do add to certain games. 

Dead space with a few elevator scenes in particular, made it so you stay on your feet at all times and are ready for anything. Ill be honest, I have only played 1 silent hill game and that was number 2.. they had a good atmosphere and everything but I wasn't able to really get into the game (I got about half way, bowling alley I believe). Seeing a monster down a hallway and judging whether he is worth a bullet or should you just run past him is still pretty heart pounding but it needed more for me. thats just my opinion though.

Games like bioshock 1 (first half of the game) and TLOU (infected parts of the game lol) nail everything you need to make a game gut wrenching. I am playing condemned 2 right now and it has some jump scares, but it also has a great atmosphere (never played the first so I can't compare the two). Every sound I hear makes me panic. The visuals are still fairly good for being 4-5 years old.
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:12 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:You showed off cutting edge software and compared it to a 3+ year old game? AN 3+ year old INDIE game? that got funding from THQ? and only enough to put it on a disc? sure its not cutting edege physics i never said that but the physics is there and was quite good for and INDIE game at the time. 

you know whats another physics engine? Havok. you know what it can do? 

This Game called Robot Arena 2 still has an active fanbase, just so you know its not some random indie game (It probably had a bigger budget although it is far older than amnesia.)  This is "No Physics" even then it has physics but is very Glitchy. 

You also showed off driving physics and character models neither of which are needed in a 1st person horror game. especially and i reiterate this AN INDIE game. 

if you want to get technical, yes when you move boxes and stuff (Which is pretty much the only time physics is used) there is bouncing if thats what your trying to get across the objects have reactions reactions and roll around. It had what it needed as an INDIE (can't stress this enough) game on old software. and it wasn't an awful glitch filled bug fest. what you seem to be saying is amnesia doesn't have advanced physics, which is an excruciatingly painful argument because its an indie game (Again) that doesn't need those luxuries (And that what they are. alot of triple A games don't have them. i'm an avid driving game fan, most racers don't have that kind of car physics (Maybe the crash physics but not the suspension) outside GT and Forza. and alot of games don't use that character modeling system opting for Mocap and Ragdol. 

if you judge Amnesia as a triple A game it honestly pulls through that argument as an Indie game its barley scratched. its just a horribly unfair argument to bring up, it doesn't make any sense.
I didn't even take the time to read this, you're wasting my time and you're wasting your time.  Your arguments typically are inconclusive and if you don't like the response, it's instantly wrong.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:19 pm

no basically you don't understand my arguments in alot of subjects you can't seem to comprehend them. this subject however i know your knowledgeable on. honestly your arguement was just baseless and just unfair. if you want a TL;DR its this. Amnesia is a 3 year old INDIE game so of course its not going to have CryEngine 3 style physics. IT does Have good physics it has what it needs. saying it has no physics is just wrong.

also a response like that is just idiotic its like joining a debate club then answering the opposition by sticking your fingers in your ears and yelling "Lalalala" at the top of your lungs.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:19 pm

Even the bouncing of objects shows that there IS a physics engine in place. That's restitution, and if it's not tweaked enough everything gets bouncy. Lpool's actually proved the physics engine exists in the game by accident lol (I wasnt sure if there was one but from the evidence I've heard there clearly is.

And Anaconda, that was my point. You seemed to be citing faulty physics as the lack of an engine altogether which simply isn't true most of the time.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:21 pm

And if you guys can't play nice, both of you stop playing. It's stopped being a debate and started being senseless bickering between you two. And I don't care who started it, because that's irrelevant. End it.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top