You Play as Clementine in TWD Season 2

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: You Play as Clementine in TWD Season 2

Post by Piratemankelly on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:47 pm

Coming in as an outsider not caring whatsoever about Walking Dead, I see no real reason why playing as a kid is really that bad, especially with the argument displayed.

I could see maybe, "I can't handle seeing a kid die or killing" or things of that nature. I still think those are bad reasons, but a lot of people have those thoughts and I suppose I'm just more hardened and horrible. 

But the argument that "I don't want to play it because I don't want to be a kid again" is dumb.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:08 pm

You guys are still missing the point, characters like Carl are annoying. I have no doubt, that this will make her just as lame as, Carl.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:38 pm

So wait, I entered this thread just now to see an argument… 

Let me just get one thing straight… You don't want to play as Clem because of her age? You're afraid of them making her an annoying protagonist because she's a kid? 

o____________o

Clem… Is too cute to screw up. 

But that's not it… That's not the only thing. Carl is a kid with obvious issues that are there to make you hate and pity him on purpose. 

Kinda reminds me of those people that think a movie or game is bad because it makes them feel depressed, which would then usually have been the actual goal of said media…
"Oh yea, Hereafter was a stupid movie. Too many feels…" (Actual conversation I had)

Your logic is invalid.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:43 pm

Kinda reminds me of those people that think a movie or game is bad because it makes them feel depressed, which would then usually have been the actual goal of said media…
"Oh yea, Hereafter was a stupid movie. Too many feels…" (Actual conversation I had)
You have no idea how many recent experiences I've gone through that borrow that exact procedure of stupidity. Seriously. what
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:52 am

Carl was written by the show writers to specifically BE A PROBLEM. (Well not exactly, season 2 lost its entire budget early on due to Mad Men's lead actor being a cunt and demanding more money. They had to stretch the farm for the whole season which led to issues like [spoilers]Dale getting killed off because Darabont got power hungry and fired[/spoiler], and like Carl becoming the kid he evolved into in season 3. However, the game writers are not tied to canon, or budget changes. They can work freely on making another meaningful experience.

As Count said, feel free to ignore the game because you play as Clem, but don't expect us to respect that kind of logic, at least until we see the first episode unravel; at that point if there were more than a negligible amount of child-exclusive experiences, maybe I could see your point.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:36 am

DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27