You Play as Clementine in TWD Season 2

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You Play as Clementine in TWD Season 2

Post by DP on Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:40 pm

And it'll be out soon, running into 2014.

Sorry, Destiny, you almost had a good run goin'. Second place ain't bad, though! In all seriousness, a shooter was never gonna win GotY so second place IS impressive.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: You Play as Clementine in TWD Season 2

Post by BigBox on Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:44 pm

You play as, Clem?  ....

BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:47 pm

That means Clem has death animations...

yeah thats a good idea (Actually it did work well for the last of us but......)
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:51 pm

It'll be interesting where they take the choices from Season 1 now. Considering everybody was worried Lee would suck before S1I'll go in confidently; Telltale deserves at least some benefit of the doubt after how good the first game was.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:55 pm

I feel that this will be in the rare category of the sequel being better than the first. Hands down. We already love Clem... now telltale is going to toy with our emotions

This trailer is just the beginning of our torture
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:51 am

I'll wait for Season 3 when hopefully you aren't playing as, Clem.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:58 am

I am wondering how it will play since you are going to be clem.. No offense or anything but she won't be able to have those adult conversations like lee was able to have with the other characters. She is still a kid and so the dialogue options might not be as diverse. 

I wonder if she will be alone for a good portion of the game.. and you'll have to go through the different horrors with her
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:00 am

Chances are you're gonna do a lot of running and hiding as well. Guh... like I said, gonna have to wait for Season 3.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:29 am

What's so wrong about playing with Clem? She's one of gaming's greatest characters, hands-down. This just gives you the chance to directly see how well Lee has taught her (from a Canon perspective; it's obvious barely any decisions will have lasting impact in-game because of the whole illusion of choice concept). Skipping it entirely because of the ONLY released detail is pretty confusing, especially since this is a GotY candidate here.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:38 am

Theres so many ways they can do this but it's a 50/50 split between good and bad ideas. For example making it a WD S1 clone with similar conversations (adult conversations) as a kid is a bad idea. The way I see them going is a lot of characters you meet will put on a poker face, you won't know who's good and who's bad until it's too late. That is good. 

Also "one of gamings greatest characters?" Heh, no. As a character clem is not anything special (I expect that to change this time around) but her relationship with lee was very special. If anything was to be called one of the greatest things in video games, it's that relationship.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:44 am

Her character development is what drives her to that status, because while Lee is a better character, it's only because of Clementine learning from his example and driving him to do the right thing. They definitely go hand in hand but with Season 2 I'm sure that statement you made will change.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:42 pm

DP wrote:What's so wrong about playing with Clem? She's one of gaming's greatest characters, hands-down. This just gives you the chance to directly see how well Lee has taught her (from a Canon perspective; it's obvious barely any decisions will have lasting impact in-game because of the whole illusion of choice concept). Skipping it entirely because of the ONLY released detail is pretty confusing, especially since this is a GotY candidate here.
I'm quite honestly better off watching the whole season on YouTube and then looking forward to season 3 when they get that going.  As long as you don't play as, Clem in season 3 of course.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:45 pm

I'm still missing the logic of "Clem is playable therefore it's getting skipped." I dont see at all where those two thoughts connect.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:55 pm

The connection is I would rather play as a character my age in a game made for my age group. I would sooner play, Survival Instinct because you play as, Daryl before I played season 2.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:02 pm

so your not going to play it because Clems a kid......because you think its not for your age group

Seriously.that is the most incoherent ;logic i've ever heard. i'm trying to put into words a counter argument but for most its pretty self explanatory. If you've played through Season 1, you have a bond with Clem. so the fact she is a kid shouldn't matter. you got her to this point of course you get to guide her from here on out.

honestly there are so many flaws in that logic i haven't even started picking holes in it...its just.......wow.

you know what DP can explain it better than I can really
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:17 pm

Actually, it does matter a lot. Playing as a kid in this kind of game will force me to do things I would never do in that real life situation if it were to happen. In this game made for my age group, I'm forced to do things a kid would do. I feel no connection to the game because there's no sense, "this is what I would do." It's more of the sense of, "I'm being force to do this. I would never do this."
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:27 pm

.......i think you missed the point of alot of Apocalypse media. The character is going to be forced to do things they would never want to do. I guarantee you the "Merciful" option will bite you in the ass. The whole point of this game is your going to have to make Clem grow up, and Grow up fast (At least thats how i would do it) Just because shes a kid doesn't mean you will have to make choices any differently. If you act like a Kid in an apocalypse setting you will die. Clem will be a kid in appearance alone. 

if you pick choices different to what you would actually do thats your own fault. your meant to guide her, thats the pint. if you "Would never do this" and you think its not the right option pick the other one. don't let some morality get in the way. again Apocalypse setting. morality is nonexistent. 

again i'm sure DP can explain this better although i know theres going to be no reasoning with you........although heres a question, what if Season 3 is clem again but older. would that stop you from playing it then?
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:33 pm

I think you missed the point, my point is that I'm not a kid anymore and everything you do is based on what a kid does. I'm not in the slightest bit interested in being a kid in this kind of video game.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:49 pm

What's your opinion on Shadow of the Colossus? Or of Bully? Kirby? Zelda? Kingdom Hearts? Spyro? Because all those games star child protagonists in some way. I'd love to see you say that SotC is targeted at kids when years later people, ADULTS, are still making theories on the complexities of the plot. A child protagonist does not mean a childish plot. Clementine in the first Season is clearly beyond her years, and while she maintains that childish innocence for a while, it's gone by Episode 3, and shattered by the ending. She may be young but at this point she is mature enough to handle a plot fitting the game. Kirkman wouldnt have let it get written if he didn't feel it fit the series. Hardened children have been a constant in the universe; those that don't man up end up like
Spoiler:
Duck
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:54 pm

None of which are nothing like, The Walking Dead. Instantly the argument becomes invalid.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:03 pm

The argument was invalid the moment you argued that kid protagonist = kid game, my friend. If you can empathize with and become engrossed in the character of a black murderer, then I'm sure you can empathize with the broken child he taught to survive. If you can't, there's something wrong; if you're not willing, then you're costing yourself an experience solely because you are too selfish and lazy to get into character. And since you're not a woman, that makes your enjoyment in FFXIII a lot more confusing in this respect.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:44 pm

ok Dp bringing up FFXIII even to win an argument is forbidden. DO NOT SPEAK OF IT!

Seriously though, if anything the fact that those games can do it means The Walking Dead certainly can. its entirely Plot driven . Ico/SotC are Experience games, The others all gameplay games. i.e. they thrive off epic moments or solid gameplay. not indepth characters (Which are honestly just a bonus.) TWD only has characters to its name. In fact those games DP mention are mostly played by Adults (And Pokemon another you can throw in there is about a 50/50 split.) (Oh and nobody really plays Kirby.another exception). Just because the characters are children does not mean the they will be facing the struggles of a child. hell by your logic i shouldn't enjoy ANY game as a teenager because, there is no good game starring a teenager (Later KH Games and current pokemon games withstanding) and the ones that do should be about relationship struggles and school drama (Things that even IRL i'm not interested in) the only game in that list that even partially touched on it was Bully. So i can't enjoy games like say MGR (Its what i'm playing now ya know, on hand) because it stars a man (Kinda....thats up for debate) in his what 30s, 40s with a wife and child because his struggles don't interest me. i can't play Zelda cause Links a kid thus only concerned with getting a new toy. 

if we were talking IRL, your argument holds value. I'm uninterested in the struggles of a kid except those related to me, nor do i care about some couples drama or anything, i care about problems for my age. but in games? this does NOT apply.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:16 pm

DP wrote:The argument was invalid the moment you argued that kid protagonist = kid game, my friend. If you can empathize with and become engrossed in the character of a black murderer, then I'm sure you can empathize with the broken child he taught to survive. If you can't, there's something wrong; if you're not willing, then you're costing yourself an experience solely because you are too selfish and lazy to get into character. And since you're not a woman, that makes your enjoyment in FFXIII a lot more confusing in this respect.
Because, I hold a lot of interest in the third installment of the XIII series?
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:19 pm

... I take it that when you were born that you had no childhood whatsoever and skipped immediately towards being in your early twenties? The reason why Lightning was brought up was that due to that ignorant form of logic of avoiding age, why would a characteristic that's arguably even more segregated among individuals be appealing to you? Add in the fact that Lightning's now technically over 500 years old, and it turns your argument over on its face regardless of what you would feel about this sequel. 

I don't even give a damn about The Walking Dead, but even I can't pass up an opportunity to comment on the sort of logic I just saw. I mean, if playing as a kid is really that upsetting, then be my guest and refuse to play the game. But I'm not going to lie when I say that's one of or the most flawed and incoherent reasoning I've ever heard in my life as to why somebody's refused to do, well, anything.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:40 pm

Count Mario wrote:... I take it that when you were born that you had no childhood whatsoever and skipped immediately towards being in your early twenties? 
lol kudos, you get all the kudos.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next