Paul Gale Rumor: The "Re-U-Magining"

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paul Gale Rumor: The "Re-U-Magining"

Post by Piratemankelly on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:44 pm

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2013/10/23/rumor-nintendo-bringing-super-mario-64-reumagined-and-other-updated-classics-to-wii-u/

Paul Gale received a rumor that Nintendo's going to be remaking 7 old N64 games for the Wii U- priced on eShop for $30 or more for retail- each with not only graphical, but also gameplay improvements, among them being Mario 64. Such additions are said to include co-op (Mario & Luigi) and a better camera.

Keep in mind this is only a rumor and I was just going to ignore it until I saw the name. I don't necessarily believe it any more than I did because it's PG, but I definitely think it'd be a good idea (especially if the inevitable Majora's Mask remake that me and DP are so pumped about makes it too) for Nintendo to do.

What do you guys think? Even if you don't believe it, feel free to keep up conversation by saying which games you would hypothetically put on this list.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Paul Gale Rumor: The "Re-U-Magining"

Post by BigBox on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:52 pm

Look who's relevant again xD  All I can thank Paul for doing is ruining the release of, PlayStation All-Stars.

Also, this again.

Might as well throw my guess in.

- Super Mario 64
- Majora's Mask (I'm pretty sure the " ' " counts as a character since it would if you're typing on Twitter.)
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:38 am

Assuming the slight possibility that this may be true...

Super Mario 64
Ridge Racer 64
Wave Race 64
Star Fox 64
Pilotwings 64 or could be Excitebike 64
Pokémon Snap
1080 Snowboarding

No DK64 makes me a sad, sad panda...

Still, I sort of do doubt that Nintendo would have the time for this many remakes. And if so, it's a bit sad that most people would only care about 3-4 titles in that list. But it's Nintendo, so I'd never be surprised if they tried to pull this.

Last edited by Count Mario on Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:40 am

I don't think it's gonna be Pokemon Snap.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:43 am

Eh, worth a try. Besides, there has been a lot of clamor for a new Pokemon Snap. For some reason...
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:47 am

It is, but there's more clamoring for an HD remake of Majora's Mask or about even.  I usually see more people asking for a Major's Mask Remake and I'm sure this had influenced, Nintendo in some way.

BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:55 am

True, but wouldn't Majora's Mask reasonably be on 3DS due to its connection to Between Worlds and Ocarina of Time already being on 3DS? I'm still more inclined to side with a 3DS remake, regardless if this is real or not.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:01 am

Putting it on the 3DS would be a mistake to the Wii U though when it's doing so bad as well.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:01 am

The engine for MM IS already on 3DS, but a full-fledged Wii U remake is something I could get into. Even if it means I won't get a Midnight Purple Majora Emblazoned 3DSXL model.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:05 am

Also true, although the Wii U needs more than just Majora's Mask and one or two hyped up platformers to get in shape. Either way though, I'll be hyped.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:07 am

It could get this instead and millions of sales for the Wii U.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:09 am

I still think you'r overexaggerating the impact that one remake will have, but image looks freaking sexy.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:09 am

You would think so, but this is also a Zelda remake we're talking about.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:20 am

But the key word here is remake. Not game, remake. If anything, plenty of people would just be more convinced that Nintendo would be relying too much on the past or not think the Wii U is worth just one nostalgic title. I mean, Ocarina of Time 3D wasn't the sole reason why the 3DS got out of its rut at all. Majora's Mask HD will definitely get sales, but it won't change the tides that drastically outside of showing a glimmer of hope for future demand of Wii U titles.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:23 am

I think that they need to start deviating away from the 3DS since the hardware is starting to show that it's old. At this point, it is time to update their handheld hardware. Surprisingly a lot of people like Wind Waker, putting this and Wind Waker on there would be great. On top of that, it's more than one nostalgic remake. It's 7 nostalgic remakes.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:51 am

I have to disagree about the 3DS, considering how its software still shows that it can exist without having to jump ahead to HD like Vita. Besides, it's only been released for, what, over two years? To expect a major upgrade soon is a bit silly, to say the least. When you add in the factor that it's already successful, I really doubt that it'll fade away anytime soon for at least three-four more years.

And yeah, seven nostalgic remakes will make wonders. Except for the fact that most people will only care about Mario 64, Majora's Mask, Pilotwings, Star Fox, or any other big Nintendo name. At least half of the names on this list will be hit and misses if it's true.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:52 am

Well, the system has had many variations a lot faster than expected with the 3DSXL and the 2DS. The only two things that are left to do is release a Lite version and maybe a Pro version which would it with two thumb pads built in. I didn't mean announce it at E3 next year or anything. I mean focus a little less on 3DS releases and focus more on the Wii U because it it needs it, look into the next hardware upgrade for it in the next two years and then in the next year. One year, or so start to deviate away from the 3DS and get ready to announce the next Nintendo Handheld series. They'll probably end up the Nintendo DSU, or Nintendo HDS. Whatever they call it I would have no clue, but Nintendo HDS actually seems like a viable name because of the Nintendo 3DS.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:36 am

They won't ditch 3ds until gen 6 of pokemon is done, like always. As long as pokemon is there it will make money. So we need about 3 spin offs, a Z/sequel and possibly a RSE remake. At minimum the nexts Nintendo handheld will arrive around when Z comes out. And they are still making buckets of money, the games look just as good as vita games if not better due to styling...they don't need to abandon a 40 million in two years console.

On topic I expect MM to go to 3ds, but I expect another OoT remake in this bunch.

SM64 
F-Zero
OoT
Snap
DKC
After this I'm stumped, a lot of the good n64 games were rareware, thus at Microsoft.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:50 am

Count Mario wrote:
Ridge Racer 64
I almost forgot!

@lpool: Maybe not in two, but by the time the Wii U is finished.  They will have change no question, or excuses.  By the time the Wii U is done and they're releasing their new console.  They have to release a new handheld along side the new console, before it, or after it.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:59 am

Well yeah obviously. The 3ds came out before the U thus when the Us cycle finishes, so will the 3ds, unless they pull the U early which they won't.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:32 am

Unless they can get money from, Smash, or Zelda. I see them pulling it early and rolling their projects over to the next console.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Neß on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:09 am

I swear, if this is true, and they remake Star Fox 64 and/or Ocarina of Time AGAIN...

But yeah Majora's Mask please. I still need to play that game.
Neß
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : PSIHeroNess (I never actually play online though.)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:58 am

They won't. They just have too much faith in their up.

Smash will pull in numbers though, if they can market it better
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:05 am

It will bring in some pretty big numbers for units currently sold and some sold units along with that.  But, with the way of the market to really bring those number up on release day they need to bundle it with the Wii U.  Other than that, it could end up the worst selling Smash game of all time.  While, I could be wrong but I still wouldn't put complete faith in one piece of software if they don't take the extra steps.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:34 pm

The Vita wasn't pulled by a financially-wary company, and they were too stubborn to help fix if for two years.

The U won't be dropped anytime soon, even if it keeps chugging along on nostalgia alone. They wouldn't add a new console in mid-gen because they know that never works (look at Sega), and they'd still be behind come 9th gen. It just fucks them over more in the long run thst rolling with the punches. They've shown they're working a lot more efficiently - and if this rumor is true, intelligently - on an HD scale, and they wouldn't do that if they didn't care enough to bring this thing into (marginal at best) success.

As for MM's place in all this, two things: Anaconda is exaggerating a bit but he is correct: This thing would help sell BIG time. Wind Waker kicked the Wii U's sales from below to at least matching expectations (in addition to Lost World and a few other close releases). If this is close to reveal, that means it's been in development about three or four months. That puts them clear into LBW's development and Aonuma wouldn't let anybody touch a 3DS remake until that game was done artistically; my point here is that MM could easily fit into HD remake development as opposed to 3D.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top