Little Big Planet Karting

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Little Big Planet Karting

Post by BigBox on Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:17 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:LBPK is equal to MK for online PLay, It cannot be played competitive beyond a couch but you will have much more fun with MK with anybody else. 

I'm done because lpool just coming with counter points for the sake of it now.

Last edited by Anaconda_Vice on Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:34 pm

you know what i mean. If you play LBPK with Friends online and Mario Kart (Im gonna have to type the whole thing out now) Online, you will have equal amounts of fun. for all the convenience of random online in LBPK, the vastly superior gameplay of Mario Kart (AMong others) and the mixed bag that is user levels in LBPK evens it out. what i meant by competitive is your only going to have Casual Local tourneys in Mario Kart. theres no Circuit or anything. LBPK......you won#'t be playing that with your mates like ever.

its not even that i like mario kart. its awesome with friends but its not a game i dig out for no reason. LBPK is the only psplus game i've deleted off my hard drive. its that bad. 

(ALso Sonic All Stars Transformed Curb stomps both games. It has the Online Features of LBPK (Minus the Level Creator) and the sharp Gameplay of Mario kart with better level design and Gimmicks (Sonic Transformations > Mario Transformations) with almost the same charm and better visuals, with Wider distribution. My one complaint is the fact FOotball Manager is a character but you know what i also Hate All the different forms of Toad, Mario Powers ups and meaningless Characters in Mario Kart (Looking at Queen Bee)
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mtjjrstccw2 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:47 pm

To be honest, i never really like racing games to begin with lol, but LBPK i actually liked!

Of course I haven't made a racer level in it lol, I made TM and Silent Hill levels!

It was hella fun creating levels of my 2 fave games!

Speaking of which, i must recreate blackrock in LBPK

Then Recreate LA Skyline
Mtjjrstccw2
Sticker
Sticker

PSN : mtjjrstccw1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mtjjrstccw2 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:48 pm

To me, the beauty of LBPK is the battle mode levels, since I CAN CREATE TWISTED METAL BRAH
Mtjjrstccw2
Sticker
Sticker

PSN : mtjjrstccw1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:54 pm

Football Manager is PC Exclusive.

That said it's all in the preference. I didn't like CTR yet everyone jerks off over that game. Nobody liked Jak X yet I loved it. (Still waiting for UnKarted...) it's the same here. I don't like MKWii at all. The motion controls are as loose as Britney Spears circa 2006. But that's just my opinion. You can have yours, but a heated discussion was not the point of the thread. I've heard mostly good things, but I can believe it has problems. Is it worth >=$30 like it probably costs now? Most likelu
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Neß on Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:17 pm

DP wrote:(Still waiting for UnKarted...)
That will be the day...
Neß
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : PSIHeroNess (I never actually play online though.)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:51 pm

Alright after playing the solo mode for a bit (On the third planet now) here's what I managed to gather.

While the customization starts bare at first it expands as I play more and collect items (a la every other LBP game). It starts off bare but it fleshes out rather quickly. There's a lot of variety in the various kart themes and body types that you can switch around. My only gripe is the kart isn't as customizable like Modnation racers (Hoping there's a coffin kart or some kind of medieval-themed kart). The various wheels, horns and stickers were fun to screw around with but as I've mentioned before I wish it was easier to apply stickers.

I was delighted to see a few costumes from LBP 1 and 2 that at least made it into the vanilla. So I had a roaring good time schooling people as the Wooden Knight. Still, would have been great to get a compatibility key for transfering costumes...  I'll elaborate on that later.

The current driving speed isn't bad in my opinion, it's actually rather enjoyable and I rarely find myself crashing into walls. I also didn't find the controls "floaty" or "unresponsive" contrary to popular belief. I actually felt like I had control and it was very responsive for me. Maybe you shouldn't play at 1080p... that's what tends to throw off tightness for controls. I liked the use of the grapplehook, I do feel they should expand on it a little more. 

Solo campaign to me wasn't as bad as people were saying. It had a simple concept and I felt it tied into the universe near seamlessly. Sure the first few levels were slow but it's like that with a lot of games. I did like the idea of the other modes thrown into it as well "Capture the Egg" and "Battle" to name a couple.

One thing I want to argue about is "cheap shots" ... it's a racing game. Cheap shots are unavoidable no matter what racer you play. I've been pummeled with boxing gloves, rockets napalm and shock missiles amongst other weapons at some particularly crucial moments. But the difference between those cheap shots and past kart racer cheap shots? I coud actually RECOVER from them. They weren't hits that cost me the whole race like I've always encountered.

Speaking of weapons, they took some getting used to identify but it's a pretty solid lineup. However, they coudl have used other things besides rockets... I think 75% of the weapons were a form of rocket. At least they all had different abilities. 

I love battles oh so much. Racing is fine but I like to get down into the nitty-gritty with my opponents. Now all we need is some Sweet Tooth dlc. 

The AI acted fine, did what I expected them to do. However one thing that did make me raise an eyebrow at was how they tried to meld it with the story. "Sackbots are allies that join you in the fight against the horde." Within a minute I get hit by a Sackbot rocket... it's a small technicality but it's not a game breaker.

Level design I felt was colourful and imaginative- which was expected. Monster Island stood out most for me from what I gathered so far. I have yet to try out online so I'll branch out on that later as many of you are telling me it's where the best levels can be found (I'm open to suggestion if anyone has any tracks in particular for me to try out). I hope we get some more gothic stuff so I can make my own MediEvil levels, heh heh. Speaking of which I should get around to testing out the level creator. Unfortunately being a college student really hinders me in my gaming time so I don't think I'll get around to creating anything major anytime soon. :/

Now, apparently there was supposed to be a patch where DLC from LBP 1, 2, and Vita could transfer over to Karting. I... have yet to see this. There was no option, not even a specific download either. Maybe I'm wrong and overlooked something...

Most of what I see people complain about don't really add up and as DP mentioned it's mostly based off of preference. I've only had a few nitpicks, but that's what they were: nitpicks. 

I think the major problem most people have is the fact they're doing the same thing to LBP Karting what they did to All-stars. They compared two games that approached things differently with one having a giant head start over the other. As mentioned before, this game was more a LBP game than a kart racer, but it STILL feels like a racer and it re-invented it for me. Karting makes racing limitless with it's customization. I was always enthralled by the crafty imagination-land that is the littlebigplanet universe and this game still gives me that charm I always acquired from previous games.
----

Welp. That's part 1. I'll try out online and finish story mode for the final verdict. 

I'll even throw in what I feel should be fixed, kept and continued if there will ever be a sequel.
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:14 pm

Definitely give Sonic Transformed a shot if you wanna try another Kart game, Fabsta. It's got the tightest controls, most fair weapons, and best AI of any Kart game, practically ever.

Sorry, now that I remember that it exists I'm really pushing for it lol. It's really that damn good though.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:23 pm

I've played Transformed awhile ago. I do admit it's crazy fun and I feel the same way with Karting, only at a slower pace. Which is fine by me.
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:31 pm

The only thing I don't like about Transformed is that they haven't released a second DLC character yet; one has allegedly been in development since January.

Yet there have been four or five PC characters released in that time.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:38 pm

That is very odd. Hm...

Speaking of DLC. United Fronts needs to dish out more Kart DLC. With all the licenses it should be easy to crank out some more options. Heck I'm grabbing that Nightmare Before Christmas pack. It looks pretty damn cool (It's getting story levels for LBP2 as well last time I checked)
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:59 am

Nightmare Before Christmas Pack you say? That may very well be the last thing I'll buy for LBP. I don't care if I barely play it, I'm a fan of the movie.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:16 am

lpool1996moh wrote:.........marko my friend. your gamer card. give it back. you don't need it anymore. 
MUAHAHAHA you can't make me!
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2