THIS is why Majora's Mask is the best 3D Zelda

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THIS is why Majora's Mask is the best 3D Zelda

Post by DP on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:12 am

Count, I can never thank you enough for having shown me this article months back. Rereading it just makes me feel more and more strongly about the game's rising status in my top games.

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/articles/the-message-of-majoras-mask/

It's long, but if you in any way like Zelda or a good story, read that. While it's obviously speculation, it is THE definitive fact set on this game. Every little detail about the game is defined without fail by this man, showing overarching themes that even get foreshadowed in OoT. It is absolutely stunning how much detail goes into MM when you think about it.

With that, I present a theory relevant to that article. The number four is undeniably of great importance in MM. Notice how there are three Goddesses? Notice how Majora is female in its final form? Recall how the moon, Luna, is always portrayed as a womanly figure? Here's the canon-breaker for the series: There were actually four Goddesses at one point, and Majora became the fallen Angel. It can be easily explained that Hylia chose to lock away memory of this fourth due to its spawning of hell, and more importantly, its personification in Hyrule as Demise. A male figure to counter the holy females, going back to what that article points out about the overworshiping of the male Giants that led to the smiting of Termina by the Goddesses.

Thoughts? On either subject, of course.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS is why Majora's Mask is the best 3D Zelda

Post by Count Mario on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:25 am

I still say Wind Waker's the best, but nobody cares about that. sad 

Also... You were sort of pulling me in until you compared this to a woman:

I'm sorry, but excuse me? XD However, if that is indeed true, could Majora have created Lorule's dark Triforce as a means of countering the original? I can go for Majora possibly being the fourth Goddess (thus explaining how the Triforce has the empty space in the middle and such), but I feel like connecting Majora and Demise is a bit... assuming. Even for a Zelda theory. I mean, you're definitely onto something and this is possible, but I'd just appreciate a bit more evidence. If you could just explain this a bit more, I'm all for siding with this awesome theory lol.

EDIT: Also, I sort of want to make my own theory about how the Masked Salesman is tied to the Lunar Children. Between Worlds might be the key to this and many more puzzles, so I'm easily eagerly anticipated for that game a LOT.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:49 am

Think of it: Ages before Skyward Sword, the world was full of peace, until Majora fell from the sky and into the land of evil. She was stripped of her femininity as a punishment by the other three Goddesses, and she lashed out as a result, forcing the masculinity of the "corrupt" world upon them by filling this new gender in as the now-pure one. Her lead example was Demise, a being so powerful, and so masculine, that even Hylia herself could only hold him off temporarily. After Demise was first sealed away, Majora all but disappeared, being banished to another realm and gucarded by four Giants, each indicative of the Goddesses themselves, while her creation wreaked havoc on the world of Hyrule. To parallel this, the Goddesses separated the purity of Hyrule from the inherent difference of Termina by making the Giants men, a sign to all that masculinity would be inferior to femininity according to their Divine Law. Of course, the Ikana/their predecessors then happened to find the form of Majora sealed away, opened it up, worshipped it and the male Giants that were meant to protect FROM the Mask, and damned the female Goddesses.

When these Giants were relegated and forced to leave, the Skull Kid began his downfall psychologically, lost his faith, and ended up being consumed by the evils of the Mask before the Salesman, the very same one from OoT, could intervene/destroy it.

Edit: Another possibility is that Demise used that very Stone Tower built for him to overthrow the Goddesses, and as punishment for siding with him Termina was deemed as doomed. And of course, the Twili fit the bill as the civilization that may have worshipped and/or created the Mask, if the Goddesses did not do so as a seal, bringing it back to the idea that every alternate dimension in Zelda is a form of the forsaken Termina. However, those theories break some tenets of the other theory, and that one is almost too perfect for me to try and retcon.

Edit 2: It explains why the Twili wear masks, why the OoT Hylian Shield had a fallen fourth piece (or a hole in the middle if you want to acknowledge that instead), etc. Fierce Deity is the unknown piece right now, really.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:08 am

MM was my favorite as well
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:30 pm

Going through this theory with the rest of DIDOG solidifies that it explains everything except Happy Mask Salesman, and Fierce Deity. Though one can suppose theories to coincide with those too.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:09 pm

Well, if I remember correctly from that Lunar Child with the Majora's Mask, when you have the Fierce Deity mask he actually recommends playing "good guys vs. bad guys". Given by that quote, how Majora then says that Link is "bad" and that he should run when they're "playing", and how the Fierce Deity Mask's description says that the mask's dark powers might be as bad as Majora's, who's to say that the Goddesses didn't use this item to vanquish Majora? 

In fact, wouldn't it be ironic if the Goddesses resorted to using such a mask/being of masculinity to counter Majora herself? Perhaps this was in response to Majora creating Demise to counter against Hylia in order to both defeat her and prove their superiority, or even an opposite situation where the Goddesses striked first with the Fierce Deity against Majora which prompted her to create Demise in order to turn their own reliance on man against them (which would definitely spark dem feels about the early Terminians worshipping the four Giants and desecrating against the Goddesses). And given how Zelda's mystic bloodline has been revealed to be linked to Hylia as her reincarnation, and Ganondorf has been revealed to be an incarnation of Demise who is brought up as the only boy in the Gerudo tribe with certain periods, perhaps Link is the reincarnation of the Fierce Deity. I mean, they obviously look similar to the point where it can't be a coincidence, the Fierce Deity Mask was obviously made to counter large amounts of evil, and we even know that there are still Links who came even before Skyward Sword (at least, if the manga can be trusted lol. But even then, I think there is a possibility). It would make sense that the Goddesses would constantly depend on their own construct, and also be a bit of a revelation when you consider that all three members of the Triforce trio are reincarnations of divine beings (Demise>Ganondorf, Hylia>Zelda, and Fierce Deity>Link).  Given by how he other two are reincarnated constantly due to this, why would it be so farfetched to expect the same out of Link, especially considering how they are unlikely to be tied by the same bloodline? There is of course the Demise curse, but I doubt that's actually responsible for the multiple Links and rather just creating Ganondorf to forever go against Link and Zelda's further incarnations.

If this is even possible, then the question remains of what happened after the battle between the Fierce Deity and Majora's Mask. Perhaps the Goddesses realized that they might've created the greater of two evils and wouldn't surrender to "inferior" masculinity, so they recreated Link in a lighter and moral vision after that battle. Or something, I don't know. But I REALLY feel like I'm onto something.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:27 pm

I know Jake stated in our conversation about this in school that FD could have been the first Link that died sealing Demise the first time (pre-SS), or that it's a mix of both Link and Demise in morality, but that theory is another really good possibility. Majora sending the masculine Demise through the Stone Tower built by the Twili to worship Majora and help prove Man's superiority over Woman may have led them to send a man down to make a point and seal Majora AND the Twili away before being sealed away himself due to fears of his power. When worn, it reawakens like Majora, but Link is able to overcome the pull due to the Goddess of Time/Nayru looking over him by Zelda's prayers. Perhaps Majora knew that no matter what she would win, since she created Demise as a permanent symbol of her hatred, and in giving Link the Mask either doomed him to death by her, the Deity's death by Link's faith (the theme of the game), OR FD's victory over the Goddesses - an extension of her own power as well (since she'd have been indirectly responsible for FD's creation/
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:32 am

...We did it. DP and I cracked open Zelda and shoved the finger up Nintendo's ass. All this speculation and results just asserted Majora's Mask into being my favorite Zelda, even over Wind Waker. I can't resist the truth any longer. That is probably the deepest game I've ever played, despite never getting past Great Bay Temple lol. When people say that the Kingdom Hearts timeline is confusing, they have no idea how complex the Zelda franchise is just because of Majora's Mask.

Alright, like I previously established, Link is most likely the descendant/incarnation of the Fierce Deity among the ages. During a PM chat with DP, I brought up how the Sheikah is most likely the original tribe that became the Twili tribe due to synonymous connections between usage of dark sorcery, similar images focusing on symbolic eyes, and attire. Yes, the Sheikah is proclaimed to be dedicated to the Royal Family of Hyrule and there are still existing members, but you have to realize that this race is surprisingly very scarce with only one member in each game appearance (who are coincidentally all named Impa, which ties into the material I'll bring in later). Additionally, notice how every single member we've seen is female and has white hair (this also ties in later). With all of this known, what if most of the Sheikah race were banished to the Twilight Realm for attempting to defy the Goddesses, while there were only a few loyal members who stayed behind, thus promoting an ideal tradition of having a very limited amount of members in fear of a similar tragedy occurring due to the dark potential of this race? This could explain why this race is so scarce in Hyrule and maintain integrity to the kingdom, yet somehow holds an undeniable connection to the Twili and Majora's intentions/past.

This in turn prompted DP to respond to me by saying that the Fierce Deity was not only the "first Link", but also the FIRST SHEIKAH due to having similar white hair, as well as having similar face paint and mastery over powerful dark sorcery. This being could've not only been used against Majora by the Goddesses, but also as a protector of Hylia (thus inspiring the idea of Link forever acting as a guardian towards Zelda) as they defend Hyrule. This in turn could've given birth to the Sheikah race as an army of defenders and a renowned tribe, which is hinted by how much is left of their architecture all over the land. However, this lead to a power struggle of overpowering the Goddesses due to their great dark powers, Majora's influence by being reflected upon as a god to them and creating Demise in order to counter the Goddesses' own alpha male (and Majora creating Demise can also be supported by how his sword looks like an exact negative version of the Master Sword, which was forged from the Goddess Blade absorbing the three Goddess Flames, which in turn supports Majora having power near/on-par with the Goddesses and being the possible fourth member) thus sparking the inferiority complex against masculinity that the Goddesses have apparently been so obsessed about and finally banishing them (but likely not before the Fierce Deity defeated Majora and had her converted into a mask due to the Majora Lunar Child in the Moon referring to Link portraying the "bad guy" in a "game" of good vs bad when you have obtained the Fierce Deity Mask before facing Majora's Mask in, well, Majora's Mask). As a result, Demise was sealed by Hylia, the Goddesses and the Hyrule Royals likely resorted to only having one female representative of the race who was likely still loyal to the family out of both controlled quantity and fear of masculinity from the Goddesses. As for Link, the Goddesses could've created Link from the Fierce Deity due to still needing to rely on a masculine figure, but this time reincarnated him as a human in order to not let the same mistake happen like with the Fierce Deity.

Now, you might ask, can do we have any sound evidence of the Fierce Deity's connection to the Twili/Sheikah? Well, I actually found a video which actually pretty much does.

If you thought Majora's Mask had so many possible answers to the chronology and history of Zelda, then after reading everything we typed, thisYou see, Lanayru basically shows a cutscene about how after the Goddesses created Hyrule that the humans lived in an era of peace until word of the Sacred Realm spread. Havoc wreaked until mysterious people who excelled in dark magic appeared in order to claim the Triforce for themselves. Assuming that these people are not only the Twili, but the possible renegade Sheikah, why do you think they would look like Link? Perhaps it's because of Fierce Deity Link being the first Sheikah like you hypothesized, serving as representation in this vision due to these interlopers being spawned from this race. Not to mention that you should pay attention to how we're looking at the Fierce Deity/Link as a manifestation of masculinity, which is plastered all over these interlopers. Given this race's power in quantity and how Fierce Deity was a male, it could explain why they were banished by the Goddesses, the Goddesses decision to keep the Sheikah quanity low, and most importantly, WHY THEY WERE FEMALE. This cutscene wasn't meant to just depict how the Twili got banished, but hint at how that they were once Sheikah, how they used to be a huge race, became corrupted by their power tot he point where they seeked out the Triforce in order to overcome the Goddesses, and not to mention establishing Link's possible connection to it when you account this cutscene and the Fierce Deity's supposed dark powers and attire. Add this all up with Majora's possible influence and there you go. Also, I just realized this, but look at how Ilia is portrayed as being inferior to the males, likely as a representation of females, as well as that segment where the falling Illa's creepily smile at Link after the Twili males vanish. I honestly this might link to the possible dark side of the Goddesses, in terms of their female superiority complex and have always been pulling the strings behind all of this towards their gender favoring.

There, I got all of this typed up. This is it. DP and I solved this. WE SOLVED ZELDA. Now we just have to spread the word...
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:16 pm

All of these really deep thoughts, all thought out to connect the dots. Meanwhile, I'm swinging my sword around to get some rupees.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:37 pm

I think I've found where the Salesman fits in, Count. In OoT he sells masks "to make everyone happy." At the end of MM, he marvels at how many people Link made happy. His goal seems pretty simple here: To bring happiness to A's many people as possible, and his trip to Termina is to hide Majora's Mask and help save the land before it gets destroyed
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:01 pm

...You're trolling me, right? Because that in no way explains how he is somehow connected to the Lunar Children. I pretty much already knew all of that lol. I only suggested that "evil" connection because he's creepy as hell and we have absolutely no idea where he went after MM (not to mention he seems REALLY obsessed with that mask. Granted, it was going to destroy Termina, but his angry face still haunts me to this day...). XD

Anyways, I guess we could say that if that whole theory about the inside of the Moon being the Skull Kid consciousness is true, than the Lunar Children looking like the Mask Salesman are supposed to represent different types of people (or rather, friends) who made Skull Kid happy (like how the Masked Salesman wanted to spread happiness), but eventually left the Skull Kid. Given by how you can sell the Skull Kid a mask in OoT, you can assume that the children were wearing those boss masks because from the Skull Kid's possible perspective, masks give you an identity and makes you different (which could explain why the Skull Kid wanted to steal a mask from the Salesman, regardless of whether it started out as a prank or not). When you talk to the kid wearing Majora's Mask when he's alone, he actually remarks something like "Everybody's already left, haven't they?", which can easily tie into how the Skull Kid has always felt alone throughout all of his life due to all of his friends eventually leaving him. When you take this and consider how the Skull Kid was actually friends with the Four Giants until they had to leave for their regions, it makes complete sense.

Boom, boom, and boom. We did. We solved absolutely EVERYTHING about Majora's Mask.

Last edited by Count Mario on Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:20 pm

I love theories and all but lets be honest that's all this is. Zelda struggles to keep a cohesive timeline (or 3) , let alone one this deep. It's nothing more than circumstances I reckon. 

That said, keep going. Even if I think it's coincidental doesn't mean I don't enjoy these theories.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:34 pm

While some of this stuff may be coincidental, at least the Stone Tower (which shows many themes and pictures of the Goddesses apparently being raped and desecrated, as well as many structures/patterns that are shaped and look like Majora's Mask), as well as the apparent Sheikah connection to the Twili, is undeniable. There is literally no way that every single thing we've constructed is just a coincidence. I mean, yes, this is Nintendo that we're talking about, but Majora's Mask has and will always be hiding some sort of backstory relating to Hyrule and its overall history. Hell, the fact that Nintendo is recommending us to play Between Worlds is just proof in itself that they're going back to Majora's Mask to unleash some of the backstory they've been hiding (as well as probably just making up stuff from what was put into Majora's Mask lol). Nintendo never explicitly referenced or gave a damn about a previous installment since how Wind Waker connected with Ocarina of Time, and since Skyward Sword, it actually looks apparent that Nintendo might actually be trying to tie the knows between the individual games throughout the timeline for the first time.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:42 pm

Or they just wanted disturbing imagery to fit the dark game? It doesn't have to havea reason. It's like saying there has to be a reason that horror protagonists are serial killers....there isn't but it gives us a bit of a shock. 

That's the great thing about theories. It's just that. It makes logical sense now...until it's turned on it's head by one new variable.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:45 pm

I'm open to these theories being invalid lol. My only point thought is that at least the main sparks of our concerns might actually hold some weight in future titles such as Between Worlds. It's one thing to have disturbing imagery, and it's another to most likely take direct reference from the Bible, and it's ANOTHER to possibly reference a parallel dimension's religion. Just disregarding everything we've built up from an installment when we know that there will be direct references to said game in an upcoming title as well as seeing how far this series' installments have gone to subtly reference each other is absolutely nonsensical. I'm of course still open to some of what I'm saying to be wrong, but I firmly believe that me and DP, as well as plenty of other theorists, are reasonably onto something.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:44 pm

I'd just like to say now that after thinking and actually coming up with ANOTHER new theory that would have to disagree with the possible theory that DP brought up about Demise using the Stone Tower to counter the Goddesses (even though I can assume he's already disregarded that theory. Well, hopefully). Let me just copy and paste a story from one of the tales that the old woman tells you at the Inn in Clock Town to begin my new thesis.

“The Four Giants.”
This tale’s from long ago when all the people weren’t separated into four worlds like they are now.
In those times all the people lived together, and the four giants lived among them.
On the day of the festival that celebrates the harvest, the giants spoke to the people…
“We have chosen to guard the people while we sleep…”
“100 steps north, 100 steps south, 100 steps east, 100 steps west.”
“If you have need, call us in a loud voice by declaring something such as, ‘The mountain blizzard has trapped us.’”
“Or ‘The ocean is about to swallow us.’ Your cries shall carry to us…”
Now then…There was one who was shocked and saddened by all this. A little imp.
The imp was a friend of the giants since before they had created the four worlds.
“Why must you leave?” “Why do you not stay?”
The childhood friend felt neglected, so he spread his anger across the four worlds.
Repeatedly, he wronged all people. Overwhelmed with misfortune, the people sang the song of prayer to the giants who lived in each of the four compass directions. The giants heard their cry and responded with a roar. “Oh, imp. Oh, imp. We are the protectors of the people.” “You have caused the people pain. Oh, imp, leave these four worlds! Otherwise, we shall tear you apart!” The imp was frightened and saddened.
He had lost his old friends. The imp returned to the heavens, and harmony was restored to the four worlds.
And the people rejoiced and they worshiped the giants of the four worlds like gods. And they lived happily…ever after…
Okay, first of all, this story obviously takes place CENTURIES before the events of Majora's Mask, back to even when the Ikana Canyon might've been a thriving civilization since the Four Giants haven't left for the four territories yet.  Additionally, the imp that's mentioned in this tale is pretty much 99.99999999999999% confirmed to be the Skull Kid, which means that he's known about Termina's existence for a hell of a long time and has been there since before the four territories were even formed. 

Now, according to the story, he misunderstood the Giants' intentions for leaving and felt abandoned. Which easily leads into my earlier theory of the Lunar Children representing the Giants as the Skull Kid's friends, in which it makes sense why they'd wear the masks of the bosses as they represent each individual land the Giants protect. Back on-topic, the Skull Kid apparently caused a lot of mischief as an act of retaliation towards the Giants' actions, which somehow angered the people enough to summon the Giants who threatened him to return to the "Heavens".

Now, say what you want about the earlier theories, lpool, but I'm actually pretty damn sure that what I'm going to say is correct. So to get straight to the point,just what exactly are these "Heavens"? Are they referring to the literal heavens? Or the Sacred Realm? Well, given the fact that the Skull Kid has evidently traveled between Hyrule and Termina from the Lost Woods, it's indeed possible that he actually returned to Hyrule, considering how that's pretty much the only reasonable he can go in this situation.

However, this leaves the question. What exactly did the Skull Kid do to enrage the citizens? Well, let's take a break for a moment and look at how the story refers to the Giants. They purposely left the people in order to guard them, obviously, but notice the line, "The people rejoiced and worshipped the Giants like gods". Now, why would they do this if they probably already worshipped them like gods? What would prompt them to immediately get together and thank them specifically for their status as protectors? Seriously, WHAT DID THE SKULL KID DO?!

Well, going by the evidence of the Stone Tower having connections to the Goddesses being desecrated, as well as a couple of characters throughout the story actually directly referring to Nayru (Tatl and the guy in the Skulltula House have explicit lines about hoping for the Goddess of Time to save them), how exactly do you think these Terminians came to know about Hyrule when Termina is a parallel dimension? They should've been completely oblivious came along. So that leads me to offering this suggestion. What if the Skull Kid actually angered everybody by telling them about the existence of Hyrule, the Triforce, and most of all, the existence of the Goddesses. It's definitely possible because he has been traveling back and forth throughout Hyrule. Considering how these people have no previous knowledge about any of those three things, as well as having always acknowledged the Giants as their saviors and masculine protectors, how do you think they're going to react to this? Assuming that we take a cliche guess, they labeled the Skull Kid as talking about blasphemy, and the situation escalated to the point where the Giants likely threatened the Skull Kid to go back to Hyrule due to disturbing the people and perhaps bringing about knowledge that wasn't meant to be known. This explains why the people immediately felt a newfound appreciation for the Giants as gods after this apparent epidemic.

But now that it's possible that this might be the very first direct interaction of knowledge between the two worlds, and how early this story takes place, what if this actually lead the early Terminians into building the Stone Tower as a response to what they just learned? EVERYTHING TIES IN PERFECTLY NOW. The phallic and perverse images in the Stone Tower, the images of the Goddesses being desecrated, the Triforce symbols being evident, as well as the evidence of masculine bias towards the Giants. This could also explain the existence of the Giants Mask, in which if the Stone Tower was meant to intercept the Goddesses, then they would reasonably make a mask that held the power of their oh-so divine masculine protectors in order to destroy the inferior female divine wannabes. Which then leads to the Goddesses firing the Light Arrow to lead them to Hell/the dimension where Majora is imprisoned as punishment for their act of rebellion, thus dooming Termina. And it could be assumed that the founding of Majora's Mask acted as a spark for the Ikana/Garo war which eventually desolated the canyon to the point of all life being extinguished (in which either race likely acted as the builders of the Stone Tower). Then the masked Salesman finally finds the mask, and the events of Majora's Mask finally take place with the Skull Kid ambushing him in order to steal the newfound mask, which he likely used to imprison the Giants as revenge for leaving and banishing him to Hyrule for an act that technically wasn't supposed to evoke mischief, but merely spread the truth.

So, with all of that said, if our theories are at lest reliable, the Sheikah aligning themselves with Majora in order to find the Triforce , as well as the creation of the Fierce Deity and Demise and all of that shiz, are most likely isolated events in Hyrule until the Goddesses tricked the Terminians into finding Majora's Mask in Termina after sentencing them to doom for their actions of blasphemy. It's sort of sad how the Skull Kid might have unintentionally done all of this. If this is true, then, even for just that sole reason, Majora's Mask is undeniably my favorite Zelda game in the series. Sorry for the double-posting, but it would've been awkward to just edit this into my last comment.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Neß on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:59 pm

Y'know, I should seriously play this game sometime, but I don't have an N64...

Neß
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : PSIHeroNess (I never actually play online though.)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:01 pm

lol Wait for the remake on 3DS (or maybe, but doubtfully on Wii U).
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:07 am

Count, the Demise aspect isn't really one I'd throw away jusf yet as it still ties in well with everything despite undeniable being filled with conjecture on the part of Demise himself. The Giants one has to be millennia ago, however, and as such it's safe to assume Skull Kid just spent centuries alone, pondering his sadness. It's obvious they were already obeying the Goddesses when the Tower was built specifically because of something (the banishment of the Mask), and with several aspects already having been done at this point (as we're still talking lifetimes before the first human Link) I doubt it's isolated. Termina would be isolated from Hyrule at a point, yeah, but only because of their attack on the Sacred Realm; such an attack wouldn't need Light Arrows as a retaliation unless Majora herself was involved, whether in her own form or with Demise.

And the Mask Salesman and the Moon Children ideas were both obvious to one of us; I was just looking for the tie into why he was there. If it was to make people (and the Goddesses) happy by finding Majora's Mask and avoiding it falling into evil hands, it ties in more than well enough, if disappointingly. Same for the Moon Children; as the Moon was purely a creation of Majora's, albeit harboring the spirit of the captured Skull Kid inside with the Mask of the Fierce Deity (likely thrown there so that the Goddesses had no worry about it falling into the wrong hands and letting the Deity take revenge for being betrayed by them).

With all the canonical tie-ins we've found, Count, I know the obvious answer feels too simple, and I still believe it is. But I don't have the ability to talk to Eldin for more backstory in SS, and I don't have immediate plans to replay MM, so there are no other noticeable clues to find. Even if that piece is simple, we still found practically everything about the series' backstory. And if LBW doesn't directly fuck anything up, I'd be even more confident in our theories. If it does, we may find a supplement in that game; Aonuma has apparently made it a goal of his to tie in his games really well, and since MM was his first, it makes sense that he'd go back to it time and again.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:40 am

But that's just it. If you read that Stone Tower theory, the Light Arrow was fired to make the Stone Tower go upside down, thus leading the builders to Majora's dimension/den/pseudo-Hell instead of the heavens, which makes sense. We also have to account for the fact that if the Twili/Sheikah built the Stone Tower, then they would be in two dimensions at once, which would cause a whole bunch of confusion in itself. It is quite possible that the Majora constructions could've been made AFTER it was found (sounds a bit sketchy, but I'm more willing to lean on that) if the Light Arrow theory I'm proposing is true. I don't really side with Termina just being created at some point after the Triforce invasion because it just seems too arbitrary to create a parallel world when the Sheikah can just be banished to the Twilight Realm, Demise is sealed, and Majora is trapped in the hellish dimension. What would be the point of creating Termina then? I think it'd make much more sense if they were in balance from the very beginning, mainly due to the cliche reasoning of there needing to be two sides of the same coin in order for just one to exist. Don't get me wrong, Demise would be the type to engage against the Goddesses in such a manner, but he could've just been sealed as soon as Hylia created Skyloft. Besides, I'm more open to the possibility of the Goddesses specifically punishing the Terminians out of their own stupidity rather than just than just the Sheikah intertwining them into this already confusing plot.

I mean, the Skull Kid had to do something big to get everybody's attention and make them hold the Giants in high esteem. I doubt that they would just call the Giants just for the sake of some silly pranks he would try to do. But ignorance and blasphemy, that seems like both a cliche and "reasonable" reason why. And it would also go with how naive the Skull Kid would be in sharing this type of information, thus breaking the acknowledgement barrier of the two parallel dimensions.

I'm sorry but I just have to stick with that Skull Kid theory. It just makes too much sense and would make for a rather bizarre yet understandable twist. But yes, you're right that Aonuma will most likely form some sort of solid connection and revelation about Majora's Mask's involvement, so we can only wait. I don't mind that you can't bring out more info, you've already done more than enough lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:46 am

Great, now I get to see that nightmare fuel of a moon in stereoscopic 3D... 

*Calls therapist*
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:45 am

I doubt the Stone Tower was built around Majora's tomb, there just isn't anything to show that they'd somehow know about the Mask BEFORE making a massive shrine with her face on the front, unless they themselves were told by her to build it.

And I don't feel Termina was always a parallel dimension; at some point it must have been right next to Hyrule geographically, to allow such travel between them. I feel that this particular section of Hyrule had the most violent of dissenters during the war with Demise, going so far as building a tower at Majora's discretion to get "up" to the Sacred Realm, and the Goddesses threw down the Light Arrows to banish them to hell, dooming them to perish in their own dimension, so that the people of Hyrule weren't affected.

Last edited by DP on Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:58 am

That's just it. I'm trying to say that they DIDN'T know about Majora's Mask. If anything, the Goddesses likely shot those Light Arrows to twist the Stone Tower upside down, thus making the Stone Tower act as a sort of passage to hell rather than the heavens (I'm asking for a bit of suspension of belief here).

However, your theory does hold promise in terms of just one thing. What if Demise ordered the construction of the Stone Tower for the purpose of reaching Skyloft? I find that much more believable than using it to enter someplace far more distant like the Sacred Realm.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:04 am

Well to him, those two names are interchangeable in my opinion. He'd call it the Sacred Realm to get the people to back him without question and he'd put his master's symbol on the front.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:41 am

Hm... Now I see what you're saying. Yeah, I can agree with you now. Still, I can't help but think that after Termina was established that Skull Kid probably did try to leak information about Hyrule, leading to his temporary banishment. But no, it most likely didn't end up creating the Stone Tower. Thanks
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top