I Need Some Constructive Criticism for an Action-RPG Concept I'm Working On. (Update; Rebel Group Named and Given Backstory)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I Need Some Constructive Criticism for an Action-RPG Concept I'm Working On. (Update; Rebel Group Named and Given Backstory)

Post by BigBox on Mon May 26, 2014 9:40 pm

How do you think the plot is shaping up?  A bit of a late reply, but I am curious.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Need Some Constructive Criticism for an Action-RPG Concept I'm Working On. (Update; Rebel Group Named and Given Backstory)

Post by DP on Mon May 26, 2014 11:53 pm

That's a bit tough to say solely from character bios, quite honestly. I know a few things I worked on sounded extremely generic until I got them on paper - as an example, a story I've been working on was essentially TLoU until I actually started writing it, and now it's something entirely different. That said, I'm still getting a classic RPG vibe to it; the number of different plot arcs could be an issue at some point because it could end up longer than you want or could manage with a small team (especially as an ARPG rather than a turn-based game). That it could end up sloppy. I think Tetiro could have a better opinion on that issue than me, though, since he's been working on his RPG for quite a while. Which reminds me, I still have to find a way to try the demo for that!
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue May 27, 2014 3:24 am

I see what you're saying, and at this point I could say that I have enough characters work worth.  Probably more than enough actually.  I can rest happily with this number of characters, but I do have about 5-8 more characters that sill need to be worked on.  There's a lot of empty holes that need to be filled, especially among the other kingdoms with no rulers.  Right now, I should focus on what I have now.  Because, as a designer this game is my brain child. It's what MGS is to Kojima, or Mario is to Miyamoto for me.  It's my dream and every intention to branch this out into a large franchise.  A dream that I am dedicated to through good and bad, no matter what.  Which I'm proud to announce a working project name for this concept.  As Zack said in the Final Fantasy VII Saga.  The name of this project is, Project: Embrace Your Dreams.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:57 am

The Descent - This is the name of, _____'s rebellion army raised to put an end the the royal kingdom's corruption.  The group gained it's name as the homes are taken, the increasing madness, violence and the land descending into the First Great War.  In this world, it is very clear that no one fits in and something must change.  Anyone able to fight and/or supports the cause of the rebellion is a friend and fight the battle in their own way.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top