New York's Comic of the Cons

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New York's Comic of the Cons

Post by Count Mario on Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:51 pm

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a thread for this already, but whatever. Post and talk about whatever you want, be it about new reveals, hype, ranting, discussion, debating, etc. Allow me to start with an announcement made on the eve of NYCC (and because the comics thread is pretty much dead).

A new weekly Batman series (Batman: ETERNAL) has been announced that promises a big new change for Bats' status quo in Spring 2014. Although personally, I doubt that it'll change much. I've sort of been turned off by Batman recently because it feels like even with events like Damian's death and such that it barely changes in full view, which is exactly why I've been so hooked on Superior Spider-Man. That, and Zero Year kind of bores me. But hopefully this new change can live up to what it's cracked up to be.

Anyways, the series will also have rotating writers (including the current main writer, Scott Snyder, who is awesome). And fun fact, 2014 marks the 75th anniversary of Batman.

EDIT: The people on Batman's cape are Red Hood, Commisioner Gordon, Batgirl, Alfred, Catwoman, Red Robin, Batwoman, Riddler, Scarecrow, Harley Quinn, Professor Pyg, a Talon assassin, "Joker's Daughter", Penguin, and (I think) Owlman. However, where's Nightwing?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York's Comic of the Cons

Post by Count Mario on Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:22 pm

Fuck... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:24 pm

Superior Spiderman for Lego Marvel? Cool. Since I'm too lazy to look it up, did they announce any other new characters for it? I really wanna see Rocket Raccoon and Groot in action, and I'm really anxious to see if they use The Mandarin from the comics with his magic rings as opposed to the movie Mandarin.

I also really want to see a Bigfig Sentinel, because as I recall there was only small ones for some reason. I'm also really hoping Moon Knight and Dr. Strange make it, which they should (especially Strange what with his movie) be. Regardless, to my knowledge, they have not yet been confirmed.

I'm assuming you're more into American comics than Japanese, so I won't bother asking questions about any of that (although I'm sure I would've heard news of that stuff by now anyway).

Also, did you happen to see a big Asian guy dressed up as Gir from Invader Zim?
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:31 pm

Actually, I'm into both superhero comics and manga (but I haven't heard any news about the latter, sadly). And plenty of characters were revealed for LEGO Marvel like Nova, She-Hulk, AUNT MAY, etc. And I would love Doctor Strange, Moon Knight, and a big fig Sentinel.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:46 pm

Aunt May?

I can't wait to beat every single boss with her.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:52 pm

Don't worry, I've got your back as HERBIE. Wink
Count Mario
Staff
Staff