Extra Life Gaming Fundraiser (Play video games to save lives)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Extra Life Gaming Fundraiser (Play video games to save lives)

Post by this_is_marko on Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:05 pm

Have you guys ever heard of a fundraiser called Extra Life?

Extra Live is a 25 hour gaming event with all of the funds going to the Children's Hospital Miracle Network.

WHEN:  November 2, 2013 @ 8am (Or pick a date that works for you!)
WHERE:  Anywhere you like to game (Most people play from home!)
GAME/PLATFORM:  Play any games on any platforms you want.  You can also play on mobile devices, board games, tabletop RPGs, or lawn sports.
HOW IT WORKS:  Simply ask your friends and family to sponsor your efforts.  They can make a hourly pledge ($1 an hour equaling $25 for 25 hours) or a one-time gift.  Then, have a seat and play games on November 2nd.
WHO IT BENEFITS:  Gamers select the children's hospital they want to play for during registration.  In the US and Canada there are more than 170 CMN Hospitals to choose from.  Players outside of North America can choose hospitals and causes that work specifically in their area of the world.

Considering this event doesn't take place in any particular location, you have to go by the honor system that you played your 25 hours.  You wouldn't lie for charity, would you? Would you!?

You need to register on the website in order to be a part of it.  Registration is free but there is also a $15 Platinum option which allows you to be eligible for all sorts of extra goodies.  Here is a link to the website.
I first heard about this even through the newest destiny update.  Here is a link to that video.
I really hope to get involved with it this year and didn't know if you guys did too.  Play hours of video games and save lives?  Sounds good to me! 
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top