Legend of Zelda Discussion

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Legend of Zelda Discussion

Post by Count Mario on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:17 am

Ew. I still stand by the fact that Zelda (as well as Jak and Daxter) can't ever work as a movie. The qualities that makes Zelda so enjoyable and great are mainly exclusive to the video game medium, and maybe comic books as well. At best, Zelda could be envisioned as an animated show, but even that can easily go wrong.

Seriously, I'm really sick of how so many people orgasm at the thought of a certain franchise they like becoming a movie just because getting a movie means they'll be recognized and "totally" end up being successful because they like it. It's almost as if they never consider whether the content would benefit from being portrayed as a movie or if said franchise is great because it's a part of the medium that it started out as.

Sorry, I'm just sort of venting out some ranting over this subject because I tend to see some of the most awkward and ignorant suggestions when it comes to something like this over the interwebs. 

So to make a long story short, I don't believe a Zelda movie could ever properly work without butchering the source material a la The Dark Knight trilogy. And even if that happens, who's to say that the fans who demanded it will be satisfied with such a change? I rest my case.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:23 am

Count Mario wrote:At best, Zelda could be envisioned as an animated show, but even that can easily go wrong.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:30 am

I was actually thinking about this:

EDIT: Also, not that I mean to suck WW's dick even more than I usually do, but this is probably the best characterization that Ganondorf has ever had out of the WHOLE series:

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Neß on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:38 pm

DP wrote:Brb killing myself
See you in wherever you go where you die then!
Neß
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : PSIHeroNess (I never actually play online though.)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:44 pm

Aonuma made some hints earlier today as to the timeline and LBW's place in it. First, he hinted that LttP Link is the same one as Link's Awakening, essentially saying that because LttP Link left for a journey and LA's wasnt in Hyrule, you can connect the dots. Additionally, he left it open as to whether other ones take place between these two games, kind of. He never explicitly stated that it's a direct sequel anymore, so who knows the logic there.

However - and this is a big note - somebody pointed out that in LttP the Master Sword is sealed forever; it is stated in game. No Zelda in the Failure Line uses the Master Sword outright beyond this point. But we've seen it in LBW, which COULD mean that this game is a PREquel. Unless the Master Sword is Lorule's equivalent, which could quite possibly be the case.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:35 pm

So...

Discuss.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:10 am

I'm buying it day one. And the unique (new?) 3DS model that comes with it. And the Majora Amiibo that'll probably happen. And I can't wait. 

Now I have to buy two consoles next year. 2015 will almost definitely be the most financially crippling gaming year for me.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:31 pm

YAAAAAAAAYY im so glad that majora is getting a remake
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:01 pm

GIMME GIMME GIMME
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:16 pm

That box art though.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:23 pm

i may have just jizzed meself
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:47 pm

I'm actually thinking about rebuying OoT3DS just to have a collection.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:14 pm

So MM3D has been in development for three years. 

Something's fishy about that. OoT3D didn't take that long and they built the engine in that time. WWHD took six months. This combined with the claim that they want to make it more accessible while keeping it available to old fans makes me think a few things:

1. Some catastrophic problem occurred. Doubtful. 

2. Expanded content. Maybe a new endgame boss along with Master Quest

3. One of those rumored Wii U remasters is MM, and it's the first in Nintendo's cross-platform attempts. 

4. Most of development was done by like two guys. I doubt that it would take 3 years since even the most incompetent of developers remake games on inferior platforms in no more than 2.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:01 am

HOLY MOTHER OF HYRULE. ZELDA U GAMEPLAY. IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL. Well, not 100% beautiful yet (some missing textures and such) but...but FUCK it's pretty.

Full open world.
Beacon system
HUGE world (could be Xenoblade sized)
Smart horse AI.
You can actually launch off the horse like in the E3 video
Implied air mount.
Apples?

Ding ding ding ding ding, we have a winner folks! Hype overload goes to Zelda U!

And just wait, tomorrow we get Uncharted 4 gameplay.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:12 am

My reaction as I could not think of proper words some up what I saw, I must have this.

BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:22 am

Really glad that they also kept the mix of realistic/cartoony art-styles specifically for enemies like in Skyward Sword as well. Really liked where they were going with that. For some reason though, I'm curious how with all of these new mechanics and world size mentioned the swimming been renovated in terms of control and exploration. Plus, I just would just love to see an HD Lake Hylia.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:32 pm

I want it. I want it so bad, baby. I want i-i-i-i-i-it. I want it so bad it's driving me mad (it's driving me mad). 

It's like this Zelda took a ton of inspiration from successful open world games, especially from the Rockstar ones. That said, I don't like GTA V at all, really. I don't expect the "open world" in this to be like Infamous or Assassin's Creed, where nothing is truth and everything is permitted almost everything is interactable.

A big reason I don't like GTA styled open-worlds is because despite its size, it's usually very empty and most "things" are basically walls with different textures.

However, I'm getting a big Shadow of the Colossus vibe here (for a lot of reasons, actually, but talking strictly about the horse & map right now), because the terrain is focused on Epona, like how SotC was based on Agro. Now, of course, you could say that the GTA's version of this is just "cars" in general, and you aren't wrong. Heck, Red Dead even has horses, too.

Speaking of which, Link's horse-vault is a lot like deadeye, ennit? With the emphasis on the bow, it's putting more 3rd person shooter elements into the game.

This game is VERY Rockstar-like for a Zelda game. While I do think it's beautiful, this has me a little worried. It's certainly unique, and while I like the prospect of these changes, I'm not sure that based on my experiences with similar games that I will actually like them. But I think, as time passes, DP will only like the game more and more. Additionally, before Hyrule Warriors came out, Aonuma mentioned that they're trying to make cutscenes on par with HW.

Now, having played HW, the cutscenes are honestly pretty par-for-the-course for Musou games, so I'm not very worried that the game is going to go ovrly cinematic. But considering how story-driven Skyward Sword was (keep in mind I actually really love Skyward Sword besides the Imprisoned, who I hate with a passion), and the other influences I believe the dev team is taking, I'm a little paranoid that in the future, Zelda games will become more and more "modern" in that they'll focus more on being pretty and being big than having a decent story and decent gameplay. Looking at you, Last of Us.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:36 pm

Double post, but otherwise I'd have a gigantic single post.

But I can bet that dungeon design is going to be classic Zelda. I hope they make items for versatile and not so dungeon-specific. I mean, the bow is now a frontrunner item, the sword seems to be getting better, and even the simple horse mechanics are more fleshed out. Oddly enough, all three are major components of SotC. All Link needs to do is climb on giant enemies now.

Anyway, about the items thing. Last night I was bored and drafting up some ideas for items. I was thinking about how they could make the Hammer multi-purpose. Like, aside from it being used to smash enemies, boulders, switches, walls, whatever, what if it had an extendable handle (which Link can't use during combat because it would be too top-heavy and just break), and we could sort of "plug" the hammerhead into a little hole or something, and use the hammer's handle as a lever? Like, say there's a broken wheel. We slam the hammerhead into the broken hole the wheel's axle would connect to, and we turn the switch ourselves?

Another use I thought of for it is like a hookfast Like, it could almost double as what the Iron Boots have done. We all know those segments in games with like strong winds, magnetic attraction, strong water flow, etc. What if Link could slam the hammer down into the floor (or wall, for like a rockclimbing part) to weigh him down and keep him from flying back against whatever is repelling him? It easily has several dungeon use. Of course, it could also be used as a weapon alternative to the sword, as a short range but high power melee attacker.

Also, I was thinking that Link could use the bow to sort of double as an early hookshot with rope arrows or something. Shoot an arrow, climb over. Maybe make a bridge with it. You can use it in combat to hit and enemy and bring them towards you. As I'm typing this, I realize that it's sort of a combination other rope darts from AC, the medieval costume from Sly Cooper, the hookshot, and of course normal arrows.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top