Legend of Zelda Discussion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Legend of Zelda Discussion

Post by BigBox on Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:15 pm

http://www.screwattack.com/news/new-wii-u-zelda-game-will-shake-series%E2%80%99-traditional-formula
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend of Zelda Discussion

Post by Count Mario on Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:19 pm

Pretty much nothing new, then. And DP was right about Wind Waker being remade in order to use certain assets for the new title.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:25 pm

Pretty much, and I'm sure we could have all figured that out on our own but yes.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:32 pm

I know, but DP liked proclaiming about the possibility a lot, so I figured that I should mention it lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:33 pm

Ah lol
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:51 pm

Hey, when you can profit off of a tech demo, the more power to ya!
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:02 am

Pretty neat trailer. But still... Lorule? Hilda? Nice subtlety. XD It does make complete sense, though.

Also, I'm predicting that the apparent antagonist is Lorule's version of Ganondorf (which I already suspected by her appearance when I first saw her), but seeing the ominous figure at the end whose outline looks suspiciously like Ganon (the beast/pig form, for people who don't know about the separate incarnations and differences between Ganondorf and Ganon) pretty much confirms my prediction.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:11 am

This trailer makes me wish I had a 2DS.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/12/nycc-zelda-producer-reveals-new-princess-lorule-kingdom-and-item-upgrades
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:13 am

I'm not sure I like how this plot plays into overall continuity. Because now we have to account for Lorule's existence in EVERY game, which transforms the Twilight Realm, LttP's Dark World, hell, even Termina, into possible Lorules.

I hope they find a way to enclose that universe in JUST this game for this reason.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:17 pm

Well, I sort of see what you're going for, but I sort of doubt that. I mean, when it comes to stuff like dimensions, time, or any of that bullshit, you could make up whatever shit you want to explain it. Lorule could just be specifically connected to Hyrule and is an equivalent alternate realm/dimension to the others. That's pretty much how it goes for Marvel and DC's multiverses, where they can either be really similar or completely different. Also, there's nothing to say that it's followed the exact events of the main Hyrule up to this point in time, especially if Lorule might not even have a Link of its own (hey, it's possible).

EDIT: Actually, I found something pretty interesting, to say the least.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/12/nycc-nintendo-producer-teases-a-majoras-mask-connection-in-zelda-3ds

I doubt that it's just the little reference in the shop. With this game focusing on alternate worlds, I wouldn't be surprised to see a possible Termina connection. Still, that's not to say that Lorule has its own Termina, but the fact that this game focuses on world hopping might release a LOT of references.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:44 pm

In timeline terms remember this is the downfall timeline. The way hyrule works is drastically different between the 3 timelines beyond the basic rules link Zelda and ganon follow every conflict. Although lets face it we know Everytime a new game comes out we should tear up the hyrule hystoria.

On mm front: YESSSSS
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:20 pm

I was saying that Lorule throws a wrench into the equation as far as the alternate dimensions have gone. Can we consider Lorule LttP's Dark Realm? What's the Twilight Realm in that timeline in comparison to this one? Is Midna another version Hilda now? Lpool does have a point that the timelines act differently but then these questions are actually magnified because of how alternate dimensions are treated in alternate lines.

This type of stuff is thrown off greatly by something like Lorule. I mean, the timeline is shit anyway, but I'd like to keep decent track of how things intertwine. Hopefully they'll just reveal that Lorule is actually Termina in the Downfall Timeline.

Which brings me to Aonuma. We can pretty much 100% guarantee MM3D is in the works as we speak (LBW is probably a week off of gold, which means the artists have had months to start MM). And thank God for that; MM has become THE cult game over the past few years and now it can get the mass appeal it deserved back in 2000. Plus I get my custom Majora Purple 3DS soon Cat face
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:18 pm

Lorule has been confirmed to not be LttP's Dark Realm. In fact, I'm pretty sure that was actually the Sacred Realm being twisted by Ganon stealing the Triforce. Just Saiyan.

Also, NOW I see what you're getting at, in which Lorule might have its very own multiverse. However, you have to acknowledge that a parallel universe does not equal a similar continuity. Hell, we don't even know if Lorule even has a Link of its own (which could explain why Hilda's so willing to rely on Link in the first place in order to fix everything). And considering how Termina is an alternate version of Hyrule, that should technically make it have equal opportunities for dimension equivalents such as the Twilight Realm as well.

So basically, what I'm trying to say is Lorule could really make or break between being an isolated mirror of just Hyrule or its own multiverse. But given how Aonuma's hinting at an MM connection, your concerns do have plenty of valid reasoning.

I'd be down with that Termina connection, though. But still, I doubt that we'll see much reference outside of MM to the point of whether we know if Lorule has some sort of Twilight Realm or anything like that. Wasn't the Twilight Realm constructed by the Goddesses specifically to banish the Gerudo? If so, and if that MM theory I showed you over the summer  has any sort of credibility, the Twilight Realm might be exclusive to Hyrule if we consider the possibility that the Goddesses constructed Hyrule, Termina, and Lorule instead of just being segregated to the first mentioned kingdom.

...At this point, I don't even know if I'm making rational sense or absolute gibberish. XD
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:32 pm

In theory, Lorule and the Twilight Realm could easily be different variants of the same place. Link has to transform to easily enter both, they were likely both created by the Godesses (Termina seemingly was not since there were four different Giants who maintained the peace, not to mention Majora himself and the Fierce Deity) to banish...SOMETHING (then again FD might have been banished to Termina), etc.

There's a lot of ifs about Lorule and how it pertains to the rest of the universes, and since this is a Zelda game we'll be lucky if any are explained.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:38 pm

There's a lot of ifs about Lorule and how it pertains to the rest of the universes, and since this is a Zelda game we'll be lucky if any are explained.
That sounds about right. I say that we wait for more info on Lorule's evidence since at this point, all we'll do is anal rape our psyches.

Moving on, what are your thoughts on certain characters and items? Hilda's been mentioned to have strongly different contrast to Zelda in terms of aspiration and goals. I'm sort of wondering if that might translate to her being the final boss though. XD Sorry, my thoughts really tend to make a large range of possibilities.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:42 pm

I'm not sure yet. I feel like there is going to be SOMETHING between her and Zelda at some point but I'm not sure what. Perhaps the obligatory kidnapping.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:45 pm

One thing's for sure, I'm glad that we're finally getting at least one more memorable female antagonist in the series.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:36 am

She looks like Elizabeth I. 

I mean, it was obvious we were getting another world based on the title alone. It'll be interesting to play through this game, at the very least, for the story alone. The interesting gameplay mechanic also helps.

We see the standard red, green, and blue gems. No surprises there, but it makes me wonder what direction they're going with Mr. Blue Gem. It tends to be water, but Four Swords did ice. I could think of some awesome ways to use ice with this game's gimmick.

Then again, water is a prism AND it's a reflective surface. I could totally see some very interesting ways of using that.

Final note: I swear to Yahweh if Dark Link doesn't make an appearance in this game I will become a hermit in the Sahara for the next 87 years.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:35 pm

Finally getting more info, can't wait!
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/zelda-wii-u-info-coming-at-e3-2014
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:52 pm

Sorry for the double post.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:22 pm

Interesting that they delayed it another year from official reveal, though I call total shit thar Smash 4 was farther along than Zelda U by June of this year.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Neß on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:23 pm

DP wrote:Smash 4
hue
Neß
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : PSIHeroNess (I never actually play online though.)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:13 pm

It probably SMASHed their idea of showing off Zelda: Wii U at E3 hurr
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:50 pm

Brb killing myself
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:51 pm

Okay, I'll see you in a couple of hours.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/16/zelda-head-eiji-aonuma-talks-the-idea-of-an-interactive-movie
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top