Aonuma says Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess might get HD remakes if some other studio does it

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aonuma says Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess might get HD remakes if some other studio does it

Post by BigBox on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:51 am

I'd buy a Wii U and get Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess.  Not, Wind Waker though -shivers-.
http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/12/aonuma-says-skyward-sword-and-twilight-princess-might-get-hd-remakes-if-some-other-studio-does-it/
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aonuma says Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess might get HD remakes if some other studio does it

Post by DP on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:15 am

Please, just let them remove all the needless filler from SS.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Aonuma says Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess might get HD remakes if some other studio does it

Post by BigBox on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:53 am

Like the motion controls, those were terrible.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:01 am

I didn't know that you liked Touch Screen implementation that much, Anaconda. Hey
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:09 am

I see it being used for maps, puzzles, ect. Typically things that won't get in the way though.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:55 pm

Majoras mask plz.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:04 pm

Amend lpool.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:04 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:Majoras mask plz.
my favorite zelda game by far
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:42 pm

It took me forever to come to that conclusion, but I agree Dragon.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:49 pm

Apparently he laughed at the idea....

He said the internet can interpret it as they want. 

I feel that MM and twilight princess are probably the best games in the franchise. MM needs that hd remake badly though. OoT may need it more.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:56 pm

I feel like its a little too early for either of those games to get a re-make, especially skyward sword
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:26 pm

I would prefer that they remake Skyward Sword to be played like a normal Zelda game. The game has the best level design of any Zelda game and the Water Temple is actually good unlike previous entries where the Water Temples have been pretty bad, or confusing as all hell. If they were to do that and this game played like a normal Zelda game without motion controls. It would immediately jump straight to the top of the list as The Best Zelda Game of All Time. As long as the control scheme is good, which it most likely would be.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:29 pm

on wii u it would more than likely keep the scheme. not enough buttons.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:31 pm

No, the people working on it would have to re-work the scheme to fit a normal controller.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:37 pm

wii u doesn't have the normal buttons and skyward sword requires too many inputs.

hypothetically it would be amazing but its not possible right now.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:39 pm

I'm gonna see if I can put something together here.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:43 pm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-18-skyward-sword-initially-had-button-control-article

By Fred Dutton Published Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Forthcoming Wii adventure The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword originally featured traditional button controls, the game's producer has revealed.

Speaking in a new Iwata Asks interview on Nintendo's Japanese site, as translated by Siliconera, series producer Eiji Aonuma revealed that, even though director Hidemaro Fujibayashi had experimented with MotionPlus controls when production started, he remained skeptical.

It wasn't until Aonuma saw the sword fighting mini-games in Wii Sports Resort that he changed his mind, by which time design lead Ryuji Kobayashi was finishing up button controls for combat.

Elsewhere in the interview it was revealed that the game's flying beetle item was initially a boomerang, before evolving into a flying hand, and then its final form.

Fujibayashi also apparently experimented with an inventory system that saw you twisting the Remote to cycle between items, but it was scrapped because of the wrist's limited turning radius.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Or... Nintendo already has a traditional control scheme for the game locked up somewhere.  Y u use MotionPlus Nintendo?  No one asked that. >.<
Edit: Sorry for double post.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:51 pm

Well, considering miyamoto himself designed Resort as a tech demo, it sort of goes back into the plan initially. They just had a substitute in EARLY, likely pre-Alpha stages, since the entire game is focused on the controls. I doubt any of the game itself was done at this point when they switched.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Apparently they already played around with it and Twilight Princess in HD as well.  Wii U Zelda Collection in the future like they did the Zelda Collection for GameCube?

http://gamerant.com/zelda-hd-remake-twilight-princess-skyward-sword/

http://www.gengame.net/2013/09/twilight-princess-and-skyward-sword-hd-remakes-may-come-maybe-someday/

If Nintendo does this, it'll be a lead up to the release of Zelda Wii U which means, Nintendo is really hurting to sale the Wii U.  I would definitely buy a Wii U: Zelda Collection no questions asked.

Last edited by Anaconda_Vice on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:14 pm

same. i want a wii u anyway but thats a deal sealer.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Definitely.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:51 pm

Just thought i should say this to freak everyone out.  I, Marko, have never played a zelda game.  there!  i said it!
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:19 pm

And I'm the only one here who really likes Wind Waker. A lot. Hell, I love it. As tedious as the sailing might get (in which the remake fixes both that AND the BS Triforce Chart quest), the rest of the game is fantastic. So you're not alone. Well, sort of. I can get in on the Majora's Mask love, though.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:48 pm

Count Mario wrote:And I'm the only one here who really likes Wind Waker. A lot. Hell, I love it. As tedious as the sailing might get (in which the remake fixes both that AND the BS Triforce Chart quest), the rest of the game is fantastic. So you're not alone. Well, sort of. I can get in on the Majora's Mask love, though.
And now i'm going to commit another zelda sin.  The only zelda game that i have any interest in playing IS windwaker...purely because i love pirates and there just aren't enough games about them (ninjas get all the love)
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:10 am

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top