I'm stressed out....send help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm stressed out....send help!

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:51 pm

Hey guys....and stuff. 

As you may have noticed I'm not on nearly as often. That's cause school is back.and my plates a little full.

as I may have mentioned a while ago, I'm in my final year of "high school" secondary school for me. unlike most kids I do 8 subjects rather than 7 like most people at my school. there were two ways of getting a second class. The leaving cert vocational program (lcvp) during study periods and applied maths (basically physics with more math less theory) which takes place after school. As one of the better students at math and one of the few in physics I went with that. Its fucking hard. 

Ontop of that I have my 7. I do chemistry, notorious for being the hardest subject, physics, maths design English irish and French. All are higher level bar the last two which I dropped. (i suck hard at languages) physics and chemistry used to just require study, dcg practice I'm good ya know. That's How it was last year. 

Now things are going wrong. My after school time is going away very fast and I kinda need it. 

you see starting next week I have no time left. on Mondays I have extra math classes as the course is too big. On Tuesday I have every single subject thus I'm wrecked when I get in. Wednesday I have applied maths, and Friday I have applied math in the morning. Tuesday and Friday is more a physical time loss as I am so tired when I get in. So I have Thursday to do all my long term homework. And of course home work is piled on on weekends. I mean I just finished a four hour session of homework. Ontop of that I gotta study for as said by teachers at least 3 hours a day. And I gotta according to then I need a social life and extra curricular Shit. And to top it all off I have a dcg project to do. On fucking water bottles. For forty percent of my final exam in the secondary school system. And I have weekly revision tests on shit I gotta study for cause I haven't seen them in a year. And I still have chores and....gah!

so I dunno why I wrote this. As a warning for those approaching. As a plea for help for those finished...idk ..I needed to rant k discussion below sleep now bye
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm stressed out....send help!

Post by Chaosdreams on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:07 pm

The stress level and work load increases with age, and then at one point, poof, the constant work load is replaced by work from a job, and free time that was once gone returns, yet with much more responsibilities. So, it's not the most enjoyable staircase to climb, but it's also on how you manage it. If the plate is to full and you are choking to death so to speak, skim some of it off. It's good to strive for the best, but it's bad if everything is bogged down because you can no longer put forth your best effort.

Everyone needs some time to relax, veg out, socialize. And when you do get a lot of work, if you find that your mind isn't thinking critically or analytically, that you're just staring at paper and then at the clock, back and forth, needing extra help. Just take the time to sit back and ask yourself if it's really what you want to go through with. If it is, keep it up and do your best. Not much else one can say.

YAY Just do what you can, and if you need to vent, just don't take it out on others here. You can write, or listen to music, or go on a walk, or do what I do, vent to someone close to me who can brush it off like it's no big deal.

rocky  But man, you sure are taking a different path in life than I am. When i was in high school, I wanted to focus on anything but math and science. Turns out the creative side in life is just as time consuming lol
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:13 pm

Well I'm tossing up game design and robotics and understanding of these subjects helps. 

I have friends sound the creative side. I know its relatively easier but harder In Different ways. At least it is over here idk. 

and I guess that's why I typed that. Cause I like posting problems here and I get help. And trust me no more angry lpool. I hope. Well no one I know is dying a slow painful death right now so we should be good.

and the problem is unless I start cutting classes I can't cut everything. I just need a time stop. Its the only way right now.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowbhiemes on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:02 pm

Yeah, in my first year of college it's interesting seeing how much free time has left me. I don't mind it too much. I just tell myself I do what I have to do. 
So good luck with your load. It actually sounds a lot tougher than mine.
Shadowbhiemes
Mmm Cake
Mmm Cake

PSN : Shadowbhiemes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:20 pm

I've found that the last two years of high school seems to be much worse than anything one deals with afterwards work-wise. That's why I'm looking forward to college, since I won't have to take ten demanding courses simultaneously in addition to work and personal life.

I thought I had commented on this but apparently I didn't. So I send you regards, lpool; I know your pain right now.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:28 pm

"sees age" I often forget your the same age as me just as I forget counts much younger (course I remember when it suits me lol) 

yeah times right now suck. Funnily enough I got light homework writing wise but I gotta skim a chapter in chem, revise a lot and think on my dcg project. I know if I can get a good design I'm good but its a fucking water bottle. 

So yeah second level education sucks ass.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top